Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

Collision was improved at first in for VBS1 (probably) and OFP:E (definatly). In OFP you can stay on a moving vehicle until it stops,then depending on the amount it um...energy or somethin like that,anyway depending on the speed its going,you might move forward and fly off it a bit but while its moving you can stay on it,atleast thats how that civilian corpse worked as my tank frontal ornament till I stopped.

No, in OFP when you stand on a moving vehicle it goes out from under you. I tried it with a T34, couldn't stay on it.

And under collision detection they mean that you won't get stuck in fences and the AI won't go through house walls, etc. Walking around in vehicles is a Game 2 feature. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9748

Not sure what to tell ya in terms of OFP:E,all I know is what I'v seen and I saw a civlian corpse get stuck on my moving tank and didnt get 'pushed off' until I stopped.

Quote[/b] ]martinovic Posted on July 04 2006,14:53

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (AngusSingle @ July 04 2006,13:44)

Does anybody know if you can be standing free inside a moving vehicle?. Such as being able to walk around the cabin of a passenger airliner while your at 30000ft doing 900kph?

You won't be able to do that.

Hope this is possible, and also to se the ground from there in a clear day..

No sorry T80, read the PC Format article i linked to. They say it's a Game 2 feature. Although this doesn't make it impossible that it will be included, you shouldn't get your hopes too high.

I've see it implicated in VBS1 though, some maybe by chance they may have included it. Looks like we'll have to wait for Suma on this one.

Q: Will the West/East soldier have the option to carry bagpack?

if yes

Q: Will bagpacks be fully usable in MP without adding to ArmA special scripts?

ie, can we fill/empty bagpacks (extra space) with ammo, small weapons, satchels, mines..

showel, bedroll (for the ones who like)

The FAQ is for answered questions, not for asking them wink_o.gif

A filosophical question:

If we ask those questions repeatively enough times, wouldn't it be a FAQ?

And since everything in FAQ's are answered - we will have the answer for those questions... No?

Placebo?, Anyone?!

Guest Ti0n3r

Frequently answered questions, anyone? wink_o.gif

Don't wish to insult anyone, but the point of an FAQ isn't to ask questions hoping for answers, it's to document those questions which have already been answered.

notworthy.gif

I know how we can save this thread from not going off topic... Why don't you guys just answer all the questions placed?

tounge2.gif

Closing it would be more effective.

Why? It adds to the feel of the soldier and makes them look more lifelike rather than carrying nothing on their back,the backpack is just a small thing and it won't effect the faces/polies too much,your also forgetting that when done,AA will be optimized,so why are you griping about a backpack? I mean come on.

Backpacks on models are realistic, more so than not having them at all. It adds to the feeling that you are involved in a war, not just a small battle IMHO.

Yes soldiers wouldn't fight wearing their backpacks, but they would carry them to the battle or whilst on patrol in many conflict scenarios. The troops on both sides in Arma are attempting to advance day by day, they aren't operating from fixed bases as in an occupation role (Iraq, Afghanistan) thus they need to carry personal supplies with them.

It would be nice if the backpack was an optional item like weapons* but if that isn't going to happen ...

* There is already good thread on the issue of backpacks as an optional inventory item/extra storage area elsewhere so I'll not get into it again.

Don't wish to insult anyone, but the point of an FAQ isn't to ask questions hoping for answers, it's to document those questions which have already been answered.

notworthy.gif

Closing it would be more effective.

wink_o.gif

Here : from SimHQ about the 64-bits support

www.SimHQ.com[/url])]We received this update Thursday evening on the question of system specification from Ondrej Spanel, Lead Programmer at BIS: "While 64-bit architecture performance is very good when running 32 bit code and it is possible ArmA is doing very well on 64b computers, Armed Assault is still a 32 bit application and there is no specific 64 bit support. On the other hand, current video card drivers often contain significant dual core optimizations, and as a result the framerate can often be 20-30% higher on dual core CPU."

Now you can add it to the FAQ wink_o.gif

Here : from SimHQ about the 64-bits support
www.SimHQ.com[/url])]We received this update Thursday evening on the question of system specification from Ondrej Spanel, Lead Programmer at BIS: "While 64-bit architecture performance is very good when running 32 bit code and it is possible ArmA is doing very well on 64b computers, Armed Assault is still a 32 bit application and there is no specific 64 bit support. On the other hand, current video card drivers often contain significant dual core optimizations, and as a result the framerate can often be 20-30% higher on dual core CPU."

Now you can add it to the FAQ wink_o.gif

Nice, good job smile_o.gif

Will scripting be improved in ArmA?

and for so many more questions, you can add the wiki link now wink_o.gif

Or transfer this thread to the wiki huh.gif ?

Q: any chance we'll see ArmA on the XBOX 360?

Searched but couldnt find...

I have to say that I hope not ... purely from the fact that so much time was wasted imho on OFP:E. I'd rather BIS got on with Game 2 than get sidetracked into another console conversion.

Don't get me wrong, I know that the gaming market is moving away from PCs to consoles but let Game 2 be ported to a console if that trend continues.

I enjoyed OFP:E but I'd rather have been playing Arma or Game 2 now.

I see your point, I played the hell out of my OFP games, so much that I rebought them anytime the discs got damaged.

I'd hate to see them get sidetracked too, but more exposure means more money and hopefully more money = more and better OFP games.

I see your point, I played the hell out of my OFP games, so much that I rebought them anytime the discs got damaged.

I'd hate to see them get sidetracked too, but more exposure means more money and hopefully more money = more and better OFP games.

lol i have to buy new ones now. Damn I really wished Nogova 2 didn't replace Noe1.

Q: any chance we'll see ArmA on the XBOX 360?

Searched but couldnt find...

Well, lucky for me i didnt have to research far to get an answer to this question:

Quote[/b] ]General discussion about our PC game ARMED ASSAULT.

The forum's subtitle. firefoxlover.gif