Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

when spawn is created the units will be placed in a formation style.. what if you want units to be placed in some determinated areas, floors etc.. use imagination..  that will not work properly.

Possible, we still got buildingpos wink_o.gif

And just because YOU hate spawns doesnt mean that others need it to be changed, and hell, you will NEVER fill an island with 700+ units, and if you do, you wont ever play the mission because of low FPS tounge2.gif

I would rather not have the 650 units that i am not even in the near of take up my CPUs processing power.

Anyways, i can't add that q to the faq as i have no clue about the answer. If anyone has stuff they think should be in there drop me a pm or something.

when spawn is created the units will be placed in a formation style.. what if you want units to be placed in some determinated areas, floors etc.. use imagination.. that will not work properly.

Would be easyer if we place them by hand like we do in OFP normally.

why this obcession with spawn?

I hate spawn! Its not natural!

you can pre-place script-spawned units you know.

So when you go near a building, script spawn a squad and setpos them into the relevant locations.

Why dont YOU use your imagination.

Spawn scripts can be written so that they appear even more natural-looking than editor placed units. Sure the editor can place units within a random radius, but a good spawn script can place units in logical positions, with logical strengths (or illogical, if you're fighting a weaker force) and so on.

The "obsession with spawn" is because it is FAR more powerful than editor placed units.

I think the whole Spawn discussion is for another thread, this thread is strictly for which questions have answeres or can be answered and thus go into the FAQ.

If the answer requires pages of discussion then the question is perhaps not ready for entry into the FAQ.

Question for ofp team.

- Does ArmA support addons transfer to remote players who enter a addon needed game?

Will the game future CQB in buildings themselves too, next to open area fighting?

Don't wish to insult anyone, but the point of an FAQ isn't to ask questions hoping for answers, it's to document those questions which have already been answered.

should we add some of this questions at start?

<ul>Q: Will Armed Assault use LINDA?

A: Yes

Q: What is LINDA?

A: (help?) ex:A tool that helps to creat vegetation naturally, no tree are the same or made by hand in Arma.

Q: With this tool will the trees be dynamic?

A: (help?)

Q: With Linda will the trees have dynamic destruction?

edit: Placebo i think this questions have answer i just cant find the right words or links atm..

source

Why dont someone do a UFAQ, Unanswerd Freaquently Asked Questions? smile_o.gif

How will the battles be beyond viewdistance?

Or maybe we should call it FUQ (Frequently Unanswered Questions) (Say FUQ out loud, and it sounds a bit rude... wink_o.gif )

How powerful would a PC have to be to run a battle like the bit in the new tech demo with the ton of soldiers and the tanks coming over the hill (that bit reminded me of CoD) without too much lag?

Why dont someone do a UFAQ, Unanswerd Freaquently Asked Questions? smile_o.gif

You won't see them until you come into view distance probably.

Quote[/b] ]Q: Will Armed Assault use LINDA?

A: (help?) ex:A tool that helps to creat vegetation naturally, no tree are the same or made by hand in Arma.

Misleading information.

Linda is/was used during the populating process of the island.

It has no active segment in ArAs, you can only see the result of Linda.

Linda will not be included with ArAs and a public release of Linda is unlikely.

Quote[/b] ]Or maybe we should call it FUQ (Frequently Unanswered Questions) (Say FUQ out loud, and it sounds a bit rude... )

yeah i think its really needed, and FUQ sounds mutch better

Quote[/b] ]Posted on June 23 2006,06:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (t80 @ June 23 2006,03:21)

Why dont someone do a UFAQ, Unanswerd Freaquently Asked Questions?

probably.. things like radar, Ir, laser scan, could it be used beyond view, "10.000 Meters" say on 50km, and do this things still scan thrue mountains and hills, buldings??

Has the correct number off crew in tank been fixed "missing loader" have the use off AT-missiles in tank been fixed.?

Quote[/b] ]Posted on June 23 2006,06:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

probably.. things like radar, Ir, laser scan, could it be used beyond view, "10.000 Meters" say on 50km, and do this things still scan thrue mountains and hills, buldings??

It can allready in OFP (not that far, though, but farther than view distance) and it's blocked by hills & co

should we add some of this questions at start?

<ul>Q: Will Armed Assault use LINDA?

edit: Placebo i think this questions have answer i just cant find the right words or links atm..

source

Q: Will Linda be released to be public

A: Probably not?

Misleading information.

Linda is/was used during the populating process of the island.

It has no active segment in ArAs, you can only see the result of Linda.

Linda will not be included with ArAs and a public release of Linda is unlikely.

<ul>Q: Does that mean that island makers (addon makers) have to put trees by hand once LINDA is not available?

Q: again: will trees in arma have dynamic destruction?

A: (help?) not sure

Guest Ti0n3r

I read something about public release of Linda but I don't really remember where. Maybe someone will find it? :/

<ul>Q: Does that mean that island makers (addon makers) have to put trees by hand once LINDA is not available?

Q: again: will trees in arma have dynamic destruction?

A: (help?) not sure

1Eh? From what i understood Linda makes trees, there arent any forest blocks if you mean that? huh.gif

2 Dont count on it, BIS never mentioned it and its not Crysis wink_o.gif

@Ti0n3r; look

here

Quote[/b] ]To create a more realistic flora, BI is using an only for that developed tool called "Linda". But it is not probable that this generator is going to be released publicly.

Guest Ti0n3r

That's not the source I was thinking about. I'll try to find it and post it here later :\

Quote[/b] ]whisper Posted on June 23 2006,11:02

Quote (t80 @ June 23 2006,10:34)

Posted on June 23 2006,06:42

It can allready in OFP (not that far, though, but farther than view distance) and it's blocked by hills & co

how far would be nice to know then.. smile_o.gif

and if anyone knows about

Quote[/b] ]Has the correct number off crew in tank been fixed "missing loader" have the use off AT-missiles in tank been fixed.?

any proof that this has been improved?, Cant find any screen´s. or maybe the question is to erly to ask

The new commander mashine gun, probobly goes within multiple gunner possition, so it´s kind off answerd allready + there is a screen somewhere. But the crew would really be a improvement in realism. It has been done by Homer in his M1A2, so i dont think it´s a big deal for BIS to do it even better, if not done allready. Also what i could read in an interview there was only old SABOT and HEAT in the E3 demo, will AI see any difference in using SABOT, HEAT and who knows AT-Missiles, or will it "like before" use 1,first SABOT, 2,second HEAT when sabot round are finnished, and if there is AT-missiles, engage Helis, Tanks on long distance then switsh to sabot, Lot of FUQ here smile_o.gif

Think I read that BIS don't know if the license for Linda will extend into third party usage.

Quote[/b] ]probably.. things like radar, Ir, laser scan, could it be used beyond view, "10.000 Meters" say on 50km, and do this things still scan thrue mountains and hills, buldings??

Quote[/b] ]It can allready in OFP (not that far, though, but farther than view distance) and it's blocked by hills & co

SFM su-27 could lock on the B-52 at 10.500-11000 meters, OFP map is just to small to try any further distance..

@Ti0n3r; look

here

Quote[/b] ]To create a more realistic flora, BI is using an only for that developed tool called "Linda". But it is not probable that this generator is going to be released publicly.

In a contradiction, in this video (in Czech), one of the Linda's programmers says that they plan to release it sometimes, but are not yet certain what the licensing policy will be.