Sign in to follow this  
klavan

Power lines & Antennas

Hi all.

I've been workin in this small addon for the map i'm currently creating, but since i really don't know when it will be ready i decided to release it, so that someone may eventually benefit from it:

gcs00018gu.th.jpg

gcs00025sn.th.jpg

gcs00031ed.th.jpg

gcs00046cm.th.jpg

The images above shows the content of the pbo.

Get it here if you want:

BADONGO

RapidShare

Ofp.4players.de

OFP.info

Thanks to Imutep and OFP.info staff for the additional mirrors

Other mirrors are welcome! smile_o.gif

Hope someone will enjoy it! xmas_o.gif

This is an open source addon: read the readme to know more!

Klavan

Excellent. Have been on the lookout for this type of thing for some time. Much appreciated. thumbs-up.gif

These are some useful addons! They should be on every island. Keep the good work smile_o.gif .

Thank you all for the nice feedback, glad you like it. smile_o.gif

I really hope to see some of this objects on some users made islands in the next future.

Klavan

T'is a good idea, that seems to have been overlooked..

One thing, that I think you solved by open-sourcing it, is making the players download yet-another-addon just to play on an island (Some islands require a huge list of addons, which can be a pain to get, espically when a link is broken..)

But I look forward to seeing these on some islands.. Hmm, I'd like to see a mission, set at night, where you have to (or can) destroy a power-line (or sub-station), which cuts power to the town your attacking, and (assuming you have night-vision) would give you an advantage.. smile_o.gif

- Ben

Make them hum as well!!! Lots of sound samples of high voltage power lines humming on the net - shouldn't be too hard to add an *.ogg or *.wss sound effect for this addon.

@DRB_ONIX

I hope to see more open source addons coming in the future, at least for those created with island editing in mind. Personally, my future releases will be so.

@JGreyNemo

Although i suspect it would be quite simple to implement such feature i decided to let the mission maker decide. Btw the tower is not destructable, but it's something easy to change. Atm an update it's not planned.

Klavan