Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

I will call him "Jethro"

Well I went ahead and dropped some major scratch on a GOOD computer case and power supply..

Its an ANTEC performance series SOHO File Server case, with the optional 400watt power supply

10 drive bays

4 fans with room for 2 more.

this is the most brilliantley designed case I have ever come across..  everything is laid out for MAXIMUM airflow.. and my fave is this..

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users....4.pjpeg

insted of pesky little screws, all you do is pull the lever attached to one of the "drive modules" and it slides right out.. then ya slide it back in and lock it with the lever..  very nice idea I think..

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users....5.pjpeg

as you can see it ALMOST doesent fit in my deak.. this thing is MASSIVE.. the more room the better I think.. keeps things cool..  oh and see that latch towards the back.. pull it and the side swings open like a door.. insted of pesky screws.. you can also lock the front and back..

I love it!

P.S. I really pisses me off that this forum wont permit pjepg picture format.. seeing as how so many phot hosting sites use it confused.gif

I'm getting that case here in about a month, only I will mod teh side and throw in a window biggrin.gif and some neon lights later. My mobo looks great with a blacklight so I might do that, its a black board with purple PCI slots, looks real nifty under teh blacklight smile.gif How much did you pay for that thing? I hope nto too much, they can be had with the Genuine Antec 400W PSU for around $140.00

Also, where did you buy it form, there is a major problem lately with people sellign fake Antec cases. Kinda blows cuz you can nver tell if you got a fake, unless you call Antec and check teh serial number.

I drove to CompUSA today and bough it.. as for a 'fake'.. I dunno.. I dont really care.. if the fake works this good I have no problem with it biggrin.gif

Alright, CompUSA isnt going to carry a fake, its just some online retailers biggrin.gif hope you enjoy your case man smile.gif

here is something I noticed..

before under heavy use my CPU temp would oftin get up to ~55C.. now im jet to see it top 41C.. thats pretty neat

indeed temperture is a must nowadays i have an atx case 300w psu and my temperture of board and processor reach quite high tempertures, processor sits at 59c and board at 35 causing cutoffs occaisionally.

That case looks the biz wobble, might just look a bit further into one of em for meself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 23 2002,04:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. I really pisses me off that this forum wont permit pjepg picture format.. seeing as how so many phot hosting sites use it confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dd you actually think to contact someone here and ask them if the board will support the format?

PE45S8CoBQIAAFWJQtw_3688_5.pjpeg

Dd you actually think to contact someone here and ask them if the board will support the format?

when I firts tried it said that image format is not supported in this forum.. seems to work now though

confused.gif

I was being a twat, had a bad couple of days smile.gif

It works now cos I added pjpeg onto the allowed file extensions smile.gif

well its a black case with 4 holes cut in it.. thats for sure..

what are the specs??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 24 2002,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well  its a black case with 4 holes cut in it.. thats for sure..

what are the specs??<span id='postcolor'>

For some people the best is never enough. Enter the Coolercase Extreme-XS ultimate performance case and hardcore overclockers dream. The Extreme-XS uses high output YS-TECH fans throughout. Following exactly the same fan placement design as the standard Extreme, the XS uses 4 x YS-TECH FD1238 120mm and 2 x YS-TECH FD8125 80mm fans pushing a skirt-lifting 514CFM!

- 3 x 5.25" Bays (exposed)

- 2 x 3.5" Bays (exposed)

- 2 x 3.5" Bays (hidden)

thats not a case! thats a wind tunnel!!!!

what kind aPSU? personally I would go with a dual psu setup.. a 400 for the PC and a 250 for all the fans..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 24 2002,01:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats not a case! thats a wind tunnel!!!!

what kind aPSU?  personally I would go with a dual psu setup.. a 400 for the PC and a 250 for all the fans..<span id='postcolor'>

you can choose between 300 and 550 W one's.

but they are high quality one's smile.gif

Why are u asking me? THere's a link to that website, all you have to do is scroll down a bit