Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

UEFA Champions League 2006

We had a thread last time for the last tournament so i am guessing its ok to start a new one for this ones , even though its a bit late as the final is today in af ew minutes.

So Barcelona vs Arsenal.

Your thoughts people?

I am Barcelona fan all the way , so hope they win. Ronaldinho's promised Goals anyway lets see if he delivers. Should be a classic final.

smile_o.gif

I can already see then headlines tomorrow, I don't think that ref's welcome in London anymore... tounge2.gif

As a Chelsea supporter I'm hoping for an outbreak of the plague myself wink_o.gif If its a good game I'll be happy whatever the outcome. Some Ronaldinho and Henry magic wouldn't go a miss.

Edit: 1-0 to the Arsenal!

Wtf!!

Thats Emboue or whatever chap got a wrong foul and he deliberately played it unfair ... and they got a goal NOW crazy_o.gifbanghead.gifmad_o.gif .

So much for Fifa Fairplay and crap , no one bothers playing it fair. First Cole faked it now him ....

Just remember the last time Barca played an English team that went down to 10 and scored first mate wink_o.gif

Half Time

1-0 to Arsenal.

I dunno how barcelona are gonna get back in to the game now. Etoo just missed again at the end there , his finishes just arent up to par anymore these days. Ronaldinho is being marked ferociously by the arsenal defence and Guily just isnt getting close to the ball.

I can only see another Arsenal goal , as they seem to break often and might get another one in , the way Chelsea did in last years match against barca ... confused_o.gif

yeh, Messi's never milked a foul that created a goal. Simply amazing game, goal should have stood and Lehman should have stayed. As a fan of english football im constantly harking on about those "dirty" european teams diving, however when it goes your way its errr kind of "oh well, we got a goal". Its wrong and its cheating so stop it arsenal dont lower yourself. However kmon The Arsenal. Barca defense is poor so a few attacks for arsenal=5x that of barca atm.

I agree the sent off was unnecessary. But then again the ref wanted to enforce the rules strictly and make sure the game was played 'fair' , too bad he missed the other chances to make fair decisions.

I still dont get it why players still fake fouls in this era of cameras and slow motion tv when they know they will be caught , and why the heck doesnt fifa enforce a rule like i see in rugby when the ref utilizes the TV and playback to make his decisions in proper.

Hopefully divers will get a straight red next season, its becoming to constant in the game lately and it embarrassing for the fans, the club and football as a whole.

It does look to be Arsenals night, Ronaldihno's having a funny 90 minutes by the looks of it.

Its over.

2-0

FC Barcelona win ... yay.gif .

2-1 wink_o.gif

I feel a little sorry for Henry and Bergkamp, but besides that:

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Also the quality level of the refs is going down year after year, soon they will pick random numbers linked to seats in the stadium to determine who will be the ref sad_o.gif

Sorry typo smile_o.gif .

Well Henry might move to Barcelona next , with larrson leaving i am sure he can fit in there.

Better team won. Ronaldinho, Henry were by no means at there best which was disappointing, henry had several chances he should have scored. Toure and Hleb were superb, Cole wasn't great which is a bit worrying with the world cup coming up. 1st half was great, 2nd was a bit tedious but good match. Well done barca. Don't think Henry will leave as he's not the glory seeker type, he loves Arsenal and Arsene too much.

Wasn't as good as last years tounge2.gif

Congrats to Barca, Arsenal shouldn't be too dishearten though considering how long they held out for.

Edit: Your right, the ref was complete shite. It'll be a shame when Henry gets fined for telling the truth about it though confused_o.gif

Yeah but Henry wasnt quite the fountainhead of truth in his interview either , his emotions were talking more then his ownself. he kept saying i was being kicked all over the place ... err i watched the whole match , he got a few tackles on him but nothing as dramatic as that and emboue and the arsenal defence were doing the same so plz henry dont fuss about defending.

The referring was shit clearly but not because he didnt get fouls in his favour but because the overall the refree was making blunderous decisions for both sides equally. First he ruined the match by throwing away the keeper then followed it up with a bunch of yellow cards and free kicks which werent on.

Originally i was hoping for a Barcelona victory (i live in England but dont really like Arsenal, to many French players) but now i feel quite sad that Arsenal lost.

My night was ruined by a bunch of united fans dressed as barca starting fights and bottles being thrown and me and my mate being in a fight because a bunch of wankers thought it was funny.

Ref was shit.

Quote[/b] ]Fortunately for football neutrals, Hauge is not going to be a participant this summer at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany. Therefore, the summer will be Hauge free until the commencement of the 2006/2007 Football season. Many are skeptical that he had no friends in high school, resulting in him being an absoutely incompetent and shameful referee, who has no life and sucks at eveyrthing, some say.

Thank fook for that...

Seems like they wanted to save up the people that do know how to do such a big match for the World Cup, this guy was a joke. Not giving the advantage to Barcelona when it was clearly there (you can always give cards later), giving yellow cards for regular tackles, ignoring the handfull of karatemoves from both sides, giving away free kicks for diving, giving corners kicks to the side that clearly touched the ball last etc. It was like the ref was all alone, doing the match in an experiment without linesmen...

I thought it was only our Dutch domestic league that was full of incompetence, but even the biggest matches get killed off with amateur refs like him.

Apparently all the German refs are bent so he should work there. Althought the italian scandal proves it is getting a tad out of hand atm. Hope the officials are better in the world cup

Congrats to Barca for being the best team this season. With Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o, ... all in top form... one of the best teams ever! smile_o.gif

/edit: And also congrats to both teams for a great match. Well, it wasn't as exciting as last year, but it was a very good match.

barca_fan_favourite.jpg

rofl.gif

Looks like my first post was right, tomorrows headline will be taken up by the refs game rather than the match itself but I guess thats just modern football.

@Eddy: Where's the connection to German referees?

Not german referees, I mean the german league referees, not those of german nationality, my apologies for poor phrasing. Many scandals over the years.