Sign in to follow this  
Frizbee

A documentary on war

I saw part of a documentary on TV last night (it is a three part series, this being the first) which was about the future of war, and how technology is changing it.

It had some really good footage of Apache gunships firing, and tank battles from the Gulf.

One of the most interesting things however, is a 'Training' simulation they made up based upon the last tank battle of the war (which appropriately was named after the grid-reference on which it was fought)

The graphics I have to say... were laughable. The Abrams were completely untextured, and looked like they were from the old Commodore 64 game Choplifter. (No seriously)

The models were even sinking through the ground every time they crossed a hillock or a pile of sandbags.

I have to say this though, those Abrams have SH*T loads of space inside for the commander... it was like a family model sedan except with more leg room. *L*

Anyway, they were talking about how the future of war isn't going to be fought with computers, because countries will refuse to fight that way. The blood thirstiness and death will always be coupled with war.

What do you all think? will we eventually fight wars using programs like OFP?

I really doubt it, cause they'll have to deal with all the whining N0ob countries, tons of patches, and tons of countries will cheat! Madness! wow.gif

LOL Arron

I can see it now

Israel: OMFG palastine uses aimbots mb!!

Nope there are 2 possibilities.....

1.one site will wipe out all others

2.humans will evolve to the point of people like me where racism isn't even a factor....people are just people.

I think 2 is more likely.....

The word 'racism' pisses me off almost as your assumption that you are not racist.

All humans are the same race: Human. Homo sapien sapien

Being a racist would mean that you thought you were 'superior' to another race, like fish monkeys birds and so on. And i can almost guarantee that you think that humans are. My opinion is this: no species is 'better' or 'worse' than any other, all have their own place in the scheme of things... humans just happen to have a part of thier brain dedicated to abstract thinking which we needed to survive, since we are slower and weaker than almost every other animal on the planet, and really had no way of keeping ourselves alive.

Maybe im crazy. oh well