Sign in to follow this  
jj29

weapon sway

Do you think that there should be weapon sway in ama?in opf,players' hands are still,and it's easy to hit any target even it is 200 meters away.That's not realistic.Players' hands should sway while we are standing or crouching.so if we want to hit a target very far away,we must go prone.While we are prone,our weapon sway is lighter,but it is harder to move our weapon(mouse)quickly.so if we find an enemy very close ,we had better to stand up and shoot.

Do you agree?

I agree 100%! Weapon sway was already implemented in original OFP, but it was way too light. In real life, weapon sway is caused not only by the weight of a weapon (lighter weapons generally cause more sway); but also by the mental state of the soldier (nervous, or excited state would cause more sway). That's the main reason why even well trained soldiers often require numerous shots in order to hit their targets.

I am hopeful that ArmA would have more sway, or at least they would leave it configurable in the config.bin, as was the case in original OFP.

Peace,

DreDay

Sounds like a good idea. Its implementation would be another matter, though - maybe BIS has beaten you to it? Only time will tell.

Value determining weapon sway is a single line in the OFP config...

This weapon sway is defined in animation defenition.

aimPrecision = 0.5; //

I agree weapon sway should be greater in ArmA than it was in OFP. In vanilla OFP soldiers were so accurate that I knew that every time I heard a shot a soldier had died. So when testing missions I could actually determine who was winning listening to the sounds of the guns.

Its true that you can easily mod this but I would prefer it if BIS would implement greater weapon sway from the start. Modding tends to break missions.

I totally agree, but remember that alot of people (not us) thought that OFP was too hard in the first place and that we must maintain the normal fps kill ratio tof 300 enemies to 1 player death. Therefore making it harder to shoot probably won't be in the game. What we will most likely get is that "rock solid" 2km sniper zoom, to up the kill ratio even more.

--Ben

Guest Ti0n3r

In Elite you could clearly see that as the soldiers were breathing, their weapons would sway a bit. Guees it'll be in ArmA too.

That goes for the player aswell.

Value determining weapon sway is a single line in the OFP config...

Actually it is 3 lines, one aimprecision value for each of the 3 stances (standing, crouching, proning) wink_o.gif

Hopefully there will be a option for this in the difficulty settings, so if people want it easier to shoot targets they can change the value for less sway or make it sway more if you prefer shooting more realistic when standing up or kneeling. As a sniper in real life while prone you can pretty much lock targets with barely any movement at all (aslong as the target is not moving), especially when you have something height adjustable thats soft like a small sand bag under the stock while also using a bipod.

Would be nice if it was harder to take sombebody out at 300 meters. Certanly for machineguns, cuzz BIS pk snipers are really not nice! huh.gif

Adding the sway to the options menu would be the solution.

Best would that there is option to customize it with a slider and have some default rookie settings and veteran settings.

In Elite you could clearly see that as the soldiers were breathing, their weapons would sway a bit. Guees it'll be in ArmA too.

That goes for the player aswell.

That was in OFP as well smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I dunno, I'm senile goodnight.gif

Edit: After a close look. There was no 'weapon sway' for BIS weapons in OFP. But there is in Elite.