Sign in to follow this  
Phleep

SimHQ E3 Interview

Guest Ti0n3r

BIS are the masters of optimization so it sounds very possible to me. As long as the server has enough of bandwith and CPU/RAM power.

They meant 200 players at the same time, not on the same server.

You have requested to play Armed Assault on the internet. You are currently number 10.485 of total 10.684 in the queue. While waiting, please take a look at these ads:

Buy Fairy Tale - Father Frost, Ivan & Nastya: Collector's Edition now for only 9.99Å!

BIS are the masters of optimization so it sounds very possible to me. As long as the server has enough of bandwith and CPU/RAM power.

200 players are TOO much even for high end servers.

Good to know that arma will support 100++ players anyhow.

Guest Ti0n3r

Right now, yes. But wait a year after ArmA is released. help.gif

Planetside, and I guess WWIIOL, says otherwise wink_o.gif

Arma has much to offer besides DX9.0 graphics. If they can`t find a publisher i hope BIS will release a demo.

Planetside, and I guess WWIIOL, says otherwise wink_o.gif

What I meant 200 players in demanding game such arma will be really heavy.

Even if you can do it the game will not be playable!

Saw older games and of course less demanding lags on powerful servers when you just host a 70 players server!

I'm very happy as long as 2gb of decent RAM and a card like Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express is enough to run the game with most things maxed up in 1280x1024 notworthy.gif

You are joking, right? Most people have 1 Gb RAM, and as for the VGA, it's a high-end stuff. banghead.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I ain't joking. I intend to upgrade just to play ArmA with a smooth FPS rate. whistle.gif

I ain't joking. I intend to upgrade just to play ArmA with a smooth FPS rate. whistle.gif

Yes but what about us who cant upgrade because they are waiting for the Dx10 cards sad_o.gif .

I intend on building my machine next year in proper. And if ArmA wont run on my current rig then .... banghead.gif

i HAVE just upgraded to that spec. x1900xt, 2gb corair and a 64bit 4200 x2. my point (other than showing off) is that my system runs all current high end titles v.well (inc. GRAW and oblivion at 1280*1024) so if anyone was wondering about the performance of this kind of rig ...well you don't need to, it flies!

chris

i HAVE just upgraded to that spec. x1900xt, 2gb corair and a 64bit 4200 x2. my point (other than showing off) is that my system runs all current high end titles v.well (inc. GRAW and oblivion at 1280*1024) so if anyone was wondering about the performance of this kind of rig ...well you don't need to, it flies!

chris

How noisy is it?  ...Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   tounge2.gif

Yeah the gr. card fan does spin up audibly under load but i use headphones (because the wife had a few 'issues' about my old 5.1 setup) so it doesn't affect me. dunno what it'd be like without the cans.

chris

Quote[/b] ]Planetside, and I guess WWIIOL, says otherwise

Do you really think those game servers run on a single (even high-end) PC? They are coded from the beginning to be massively multiplayer games using multiple servers for same game world etc.

Quote[/b] ]Gut Feel: Armed Assault feels like a blending of the best elements of Operation Flash Point and Novalogic's Tactical Operations and EA's Battlefield 2. It should be a fun title with a lot of flexibility

This interview sucks yay.gif . It makes the game seem very uninteresting..

Guest Ti0n3r
This interview sucks yay.gif . It makes the game seem very uninteresting..

Agreed pistols.gif

I am screwed. I will have to run the game in my monitor's native resolution (1440x900) and that will require a little bit more juice than running it in 1024x768. sad_o.gif

Oh well, I was always going to upgrade for ArmA anyway. smile_o.gif

I never have any problem playing on 1440*900 on my notebook, it even plays OFP and Oblivion smoother than with 1024*768

I do hope that, if you can play a game like Oblivion, you can handle ArmA as smooth aswell smile_o.gif

One thing also, the 20 FPS rate doesn't state when and in how an heavy battle, I usually have 30 (OFP) but in some missions not more than 15

Well, I hope there will be a trailer soon smile_o.gif

Some nice info on the interview, yet still i´m waiting for something really juicy news regarding Arma.

I agree with everyone else - that interview should be read in a monotone, it's so bloody boring. goodnight.gif And damn, they'd better be able to turn that character switching off.

I agree with everyone else - that interview should be read in a monotone, it's so bloody boring.  goodnight.gif  And damn, they'd better be able to turn that character switching off.

I think the real question is:

Is the support ai good enough that you can stay in one role permanently without any serious problems in game strategy?

If so, you can enforce the one life thing yourself.