Sign in to follow this  
Callsign

explosion of textures???

this is wierd, anyone know whats going on,

addons used- Newland beta3, ukf troops and blb (not shown)

texture.jpg

bootneckofficer

Hm had the same problem , i think one of that things have more than 6700 faces crazy_o.gif

Cant really see much from that picture.

to be honest theres not much to see, basically just the textures just seem to explode out from the unit or object (happened to ukf landie as well)

bootneckofficer

like pathy said... the picture shows nothing as far as i can make out... provide us with something with a higher res, and a more substantial explanation of what was going on when this 'texture explosion' occurs, and that would be a start...

I have the same probs with my models that have more than 7200 faces. It has something to do with the engine and your graphic card. My OFP crashes and the gc sets all settings to the lowest after CTD (from 1280x1024 to 640x480).

problem7jg.jpg

There's his problem, not sure what causes it, but i had that problem at one point but after a format it went away?, strange anyway, i hope someone can help you.

Do you have Truform enabled on your graphics card? I know that can throw up some weird visual errors in OFP sometimes.

I had a problem like this too. i dunno why it comes. and i had another problem too, on this unit http://tg.mdk-ofp.de/potm/images/gdi_juggernaut.jpg

I have textured it, and then if i was testing it ingame then my ofp crashed. only crashed if i have looked to him. i think the problem was there the polycount. it was to much , too over 7000. but i dont think that this soldier has got over 7k poly?!

if yes, then it is maybe a good soldier for armed assault thumbs-up.gif

ltrs

the ukf dpm soldiers are no where near 7000 pollies... never seen this bug before - seen it with high polly choppers, but not on infantry

Hi, i never seen anything like that in the OFP, unless when i tryed to steal (via O2_Explorer 2.44) some infantry units to make my own from the LSR_Deltas 0.8 . It may be the resolution, maybe... the OFP & 1280x1024 can make it easy for the engine, to give display errors; but i can't ensure it.

I've played alot with the BAS HH/MH60's that have +18.000 poligons and i never had that error, or the UKF Warrior's Pack (1St release), INQ weapons, my own M4's, LSR units, FK_Hummers (1St release) and many other big poligons account addons and i never seen anything as weird that; try to take down the resolution or play with the LODs distance in the external OFP config. Have luck; let's C ya

maybe you try reinstalling your graphic card driver. Fully uninstall it and then reinstall.

I think it is a problem with video card. I had that issue with several addons when I used NVidia 5500, now I have NVidia 6800 and there are no problems.

My brother had this aswell some time ago, only much much worse than that. I think it was overheating or hardware failure, never know what caused it exactly =).

I got the same thing once, but instead of your rather mild version everything seemed to want to look like balls with vertices and crap sticking out. It was probably due to my computer running for a really long time, or conflicting addons...

My brother had this aswell some time ago, only much much worse than that. I think it was overheating or hardware failure, never know what caused it exactly =).

In that case, sounds like you could be in for explosion of PC! biggrin_o.gif

heya guys soz for the lack of info, had to rush off,

the problem seems to have gone away, i got rid of a few addons out of my folder and got rid of Newland as well and things are back to normal, thanks for your help

bootneckofficer