Sign in to follow this  
Jdf791

What?!?!

got this from ghostrecon site --“Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon sets the standard for PC games today and IGN’s Game of the Year award recognizes this achievement,†said Laurent Detoc, President of Ubi Soft USA. “It is especially gratifying for Red Storm and Ubi Soft to get this award from IGN since they are one of the leading game websites who get to play hundreds of games over the space of a year.†--

Ok i'm a little pissed first game of the year??? how the he** maybe they pay them another sets the standard? HOW OFP has miles of terrain GR is measeured by FEET PCgamer gave ofp 79 i think gives gr best tactical game ever oh ya sure if u like to feel like your a rat in a cage. it's so frustrating when all the gr people say ofp is to buggy have they played it since? i think they are just afraid to admit the truth! Ofp SETS the standard period GR was the a big disapointment especially when i bought ofp back in july i took a look at gr and thought hah they dont have a chance now there getting all scores in 90? u notice it's the BIG bissnesses who do it oh well sorry was a little pissed.

Go look for yourself www.ignpc.com i wrote them an e-mail this is what it said..."--Sorry you're pissed about it. We expect that the choice might raise a few eyebrows but, when it came down to it, I thought Ghost Recon was an amazing game through and through. While Op Flash is also remarkable, it seemed to try to do too much. Ghost Recon's focus was a little tighter and more fulfilling in our opinion (again, we love Flashpoint). Like you said, the vehicles in OpFlash weren't that good.( i said the planes werent that good) It was nice that they were included but the overall production of the game seemed less polished than Ghost Recon.

Ultimately it's a subjective determination that we agonized over again and again and there are bound to be dissenting opinions. As long as you stop accusing us of taking kickbacks from Ubi Soft, I got no problem with that.

Thanks,

Steve

--" Oh well..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jdf791 @ Jan. 23 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...the vehicles in OpFlash weren't that good...<span id='postcolor'>

What the..... The vehicles are great. Those stupid gay....guys from ign-pc don't recognize a good game if i would shuff it up their @sses. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Gorrrrrrrrrrrrgi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Jan. 23 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">guys from ign-pc don't recognize a good game if i would shuff it up their @sses.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought RSE did that with GR and that's why ign-pc gave it such a good rating. biggrin.gif

We should all apply for jobs there, so that at least they start getting accurate reviews on games..

review sites like that dont review games.. they review which game maker pays them the most lip service and decide the score accordingley..

GR is a dressed up version ot Rogue spear.. nothing more.

I reckon the reason most flashpointers (hehehe thats a cool nickname, like trekkies, or something) dont like recon is because its a totally different style of game. Most of the people who i know who love recon dont like flashpoint. Im in between.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 24 2002,14:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I reckon the reason most flashpointers (hehehe thats a cool nickname, like trekkies, or something)<span id='postcolor'>

Feck that, I reckon we should be called flashers wink.gif

Vehicles not great? Get that crack-pipe out of your @ss!

He should mention just ONE game (including racing games) that are more fun to drive than the Jeep down Kolgujev mountain!

I dunno I do enjoy driving racing games more than driving a jeep down a mountain. Although it is fun.

OFP is one of the first to have the ability to ride cars ,planes,ships,tanks

AND being a soldiers running around...same time...

OFP IS AS CLOSE AS YOU COULD GET TO REALISM!

those people hat reviewed OFP bad they are homosexuals that spend too mush time playing with dildos...