Sign in to follow this  
Rogue2020

Medal of honor

Yeah flashpoint is fun and reasonably realistic, but occassionally it is fun just to load a no-thinking-needed game and play it for a while.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Jan. 24 2002,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but occassionally it is fun just to load a no-thinking-needed game and play it for a while.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup as with movies, it's all well and good watching deep and meaningful movies like Shindler's list or whateverm, but sometimes we wanna watch Rocky 3 and shout'n'cheer as he beats the crap outta Mr. T wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 24 2002,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but occassionally it is fun just to load a no-thinking-needed game and play it for a while.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup as with movies, it's all well and good watching deep and meaningful movies like Shindler's list or whateverm, but sometimes we wanna watch Rocky 3 and shout'n'cheer as he beats the crap outta Mr. T wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that was the saddest moment of the 80's sad.gif

Mr.T is supposed to be invincible sad.gif

Just like in A-Team sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but occassionally it is fun just to load a no-thinking-needed game and play it for a while.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup as with movies, it's all well and good watching deep and meaningful movies like Shindler's list or whateverm, but sometimes we wanna watch Rocky 3 and shout'n'cheer as he beats the crap outta Mr. T wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So true  but your still......

chips.jpg

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  

Of course I'm a Homosapian you idjit smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 24 2002,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course I'm a Homosapian you idjit smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

shudup.jpg

wink.gif Mr T pitys tha fool

I just played it and I like it.....sure it's a no one lives forever type game but it's cool.......I kinda like being able to carry so many weapons.....cheap though with health...I had a grenade land by my feet and it only knocked down my health like one quarter.....

What's pissing me off is I'm on the attack on Omaha beach level and is anyone else getting shot at?...nope just me...I'm talking about right after you get off the boat....all fire is coming straight at me.....and I see what they mean about the script...how the same thing happeneds...

So now that I have been playing it is it worth buying?...yes....but how long it lasts I don't know......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 24 2002,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's pissing me off is I'm on the attack on Omaha beach level and is anyone else getting shot at?...nope just me...I'm talking about right after you get off the boat....all fire is coming straight at me.....and I see what they mean about the script...how the same thing happeneds...

So now that I have been playing it is it worth buying?...yes....but how long it lasts I don't know......<span id='postcolor'>

... maybe you should look around you and see all your brothers in arms getting shot at, and don't act like a sitting duck for crying out loud, if i'm on Omaha beach, i can look to the left and see people getting shot at, same goes to my right, trying to find the medoc and get my ass up to the front, then you must get those bengelores and follow a leader d00d into the bunker, in the bunker it's a while quake 3 cause your health lowers as fast as on the beach... that's not fast tounge.gif every mission after that is cool, Ohama still ownz all though especially online! wow.gif

Yeah I figured out that you have to take cover behind those medal things to stop the fire in your direction....that mission is fucking awesome though...kinda puts flashpoint to shame....the beach attack anyway...the bunker part is kinda cheap.....

What I don't like is there are no cut scenes at all....I love watching movies especially if they are CG......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 23 2002,22:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah the AI can do allot more than you...like they said the AI can shoot around a corner with just exposing his head..you cannot....<span id='postcolor'>

However, in my experience they're at least as likely to just run straight towards the Germans in full sight and blast away at close range.

One thing that really bugged me was grenades. I mean, I come to a house, right by the wall where I can't be shot, I know it's full of Nazis because I played the level before and I know it's totally scripted so they'll always be in there. Why can't I just pull the pin on a grenade and drop it through the window, rather than have to actually step out in front of it where they'll kill me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have never played quake 3 but when I think of quake 1 and that type of game play what the fuck are you talking about?...quake games have no story at all...the game is an LMS with shitloads of guys running at you..<span id='postcolor'>

And MOHAA is Quake with Nazis and some kind of story tagged on to make it seem more interesting. In Quake games you go into a room, you know it will be full of monsters, they knock down your health and ammo, you kill them, you find the cache of health and ammo that's there to restore you for the next room, you move on to the next room, you know it will be full of monsters, ad infinitum. Nothing new, no real tactics, just the same old, same old from beginning to end: move, lose health and ammo, kill, find the cache, move on.

And that's precisely what the MOHAA demo is, except they pretend the rooms are actually outside environments and the monsters are in Nazi uniforms. Again, there's nothing wrong with that if it's your kind of thing, but these days I find repetitive, linear, totally scripted games very, very dull (including Half-Life, where I eventually played the last third in God mode just to get through it without dying of boredom). OFP may be largely scripted, but there are multiple ways of playing almost all missions, and numerous tactical options.

Yeah it's to cheap health wise...some missions I am finding at the end it says hits taken 90......

I hate how the snipers can see like hawks....I mean it's very very difficult to get a sniper in your view without him seeing you....and were not talking he is looking through his scope he is just standing looking around and always sees you....I find myself walking along get shot by a sniper hit F9 to reload and then ok I know one is there now.....

It's still a good game though......great sound effects, great graphic's.....

I just beat the game and shit what the hell kind of ending was that?...short ass game to...not a cutscene in the game....CHEAP....some of those levels were fun but shit unless you get multiplayer working you wont get your money's worth....

Stop complaining you did not even buy the game, you my friend are CHEAP

Shit you know how it ends....just like any other mission then it says the end.....

Only 3 reasons people would complain about me downloading games..

1.they are not massive gamers like me...

2.they don't know where or how to get free games and they are jealous....

3.they have enough money to buy any game they want..

Trust me if I had the money I would buy all my games....

I just spent awhile on multiplayer though and it's pretty fun.....800 people on gamespy playing it so you wont have a problem finding a server......but what sucks is the cheats work in multi player....they fixed that in 1.1 but not everyone is up and running on it yet...

Saw that flashpoint is on gamespy also...have to check that out...never played it online before.....but I have never used gamespy before........

I wonder if the retail version is any different from the beta, pathetic if the ending is simply "The End"...........

It is....you mow down a few guys get on a train and the place is blowing up and your guys say "look at that" then it fades off and says the end.....