Sign in to follow this  
Rogue2020

Medal of honor

Yeah, it's had great writeups and it's hard to say bad things about any game where you get to shoot Nazis, but in the end it's just WWII Quake: which is fine if you like that kind of thing, but I've progressed beyond linear shoot-em-ups where you can carry an M1911, Thompson, BAR, sniper rifle, rocket launcher and probably more weapons and ammo all at the same time, where you know that any time you go round a corner into a new area there'll be enemies waiting in exactly the same place as they were waiting last time you played.

I also wasn't impressed with the AI in the demo, particularly the soldiers who'd run ahead and alert the enemy machine-gunners when I was getting ready to shoot them from a distance with the sniper rifle, and the one who killed himself by standing only a few feet away from the bomb I'd placed while I was running screaming for cover before it blew up.

And that's after the lockups and the time wasted getting it to work in the first place: it loses the mouse focus if I start it up without first disabling my Internet dialup, and no mouse-look makes it unplayable. Oh, and they disable ALT-TAB and CTRL-ALT-DEL, so after it had lost the mouse focus I had to hit the reset button to get out of the game: in my opinion that's a sin that should send them to the lowest levels of Hell.

I may buy it when it hits the bargain bins, but aside from better graphics there doesn't seem to be much to make it stand out from the original Wolfenstein-3D...

Oh, but as for the bush labyrinths, I believe it's actually fairly realistic: I read a historical account of the Normandy landings a couple of years ago and the thick hedges were a major reason why they progressed inland so slowly in the first few weeks after the landings. Until someone figured out how to build a gadget to let tanks tear there way through, they were a major barrier to troop and armor movement.

Realistic? Nah they just put them in to hide the fact that the Quake III engine can't handle a real outdoors area.

Plz stop comparing all war games to opflash, btw opflash has realistic tank armour (Sarcasm Detector goes off the scale) Its fun so plz stop comparing every game to opflash, one thing most mods have done loads of there work off the Demo so BoB and SPR mods will be out soon unlike all the supposed mods for opflash ( if thye dont all shut up shop).

OFP is much better and much more realistic. And MOF:AA isn't really a war game, it's a Quake III "realistic" mod with lots of running around bush labyrinths. Except most mods aren't called entire new games like this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 23 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Realistic? Nah they just put them in to hide the fact that the Quake III engine can't handle a real outdoors area.<span id='postcolor'>

That too, but from what I read, at the time the game was set there were relatively few battles in large outdoor areas: the hedges were so thick they were rarely able to see the enemy from more than two hundred yards away on the ground, and often much less. So in that sense it is fairly realistic.

the game isnt just set in Normandy though it also has places like North Africa,

my advice is Save your money!!, go buy Half life (its about Å10 now) and download day of defeat 2.0 (to be released any day now).

it is much more realistic than mohaa, guns have accuarate recoil, like ofp running while firing with most guns is pointless, it also has realistic damage, 1 shot can kill you !!, and it also has blood implemented, plus to get the most out of it join a clan and prepare for some serious team play

and btw, the half life engine may be old but graphics dont make a game, gameplay does

That reminds me that Half-Life was a much better game than MOHAA. And it wasn't realistic either.

Moh AA has too much scripted scenes in it, games like that lack replayability

True, but the mods are gonna be good for it.

Why in MOH:AA can the AI go prone but the player can't? That's dumb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 23 2002,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why in MOH:AA can the AI go prone but the player can't? That's dumb.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you haven't figured out ur keyes yet tounge.gif

Maybe you need to configure them tounge.gif

Or maybe Q3 engine doesn't model the player going prone wow.gif

You can't go prone but the enemies can. The enemies can also walk faster than a potato unlike the player character.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 23 2002,19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe you haven't figured out ur keyes yet tounge.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

It's not that I've checked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Maybe you need to configure them tounge.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

It's not that I've checked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

If the AI can go prone then I see no reason why the player can't go prone.............Is it national "come up with dumb answers" day?..........You want a slap or something?..........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 23 2002,20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

If the AI can go prone then I see no reason why the player can't go prone.............Is it national "come up with dumb answers" day?..........You want a slap or something?..........<span id='postcolor'>

sorry sad.gif

just trying to help sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 23 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL he knows I love him really wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nod.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 23 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL he knows I love him really wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

chips.jpg

Sorry could not resist

Yeah the AI can do allot more than you...like they said the AI can shoot around a corner with just exposing his head..you cannot....

I have never played quake 3 but when I think of quake 1 and that type of game play what the fuck are you talking about?...quake games have no story at all...the game is an LMS with shitloads of guys running at you..

Half life is a good game....I'm going to download those next....maybe all of them....not sure if blue shift is better than counter strike though.......

I did finish downloading MoH:AA but I'm gonna have to wait to play it because I'm out of CD-R's.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 23 2002,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah the AI can do allot more than you...like they said the AI can shoot around a corner with just exposing his head..you cannot....<span id='postcolor'>

Dumb, very dumb, and annoying, very annoying etc. smile.gif

Having said that though MOH:AA is a very fun game, I'm near the end but I've enjoyed playing it, it's kinda like being in one of those classic war movies of years gone by.......

Yes its a fun game, not supposed to be realistic

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Jan. 24 2002,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes its a fun game, not supposed to be realistic<span id='postcolor'>

flashpoint is both FUN and REALISTIC wink.gif