Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Hero's Path campaign

PMC Hero's Path OFP Campaign

A campaign of 34 unrelenting WWIII missions on a huge 25km map, Rugen Island.

You will be able to play 6 different characters.

Carlos Edwards SEAL Team leader

Take on silent recon missions or to neutralize enemy air defenses early in the war. Launch tomahawk cruise missiles from sub out in the sea.

Steve Gross Ranger squad leader

Deploy to the region and seize key installations so regular grunts can come in later. Use the skills of your ranger squad to the maximum, bring down arty on the targets etc.

Gordon McKenzie Army squad leader

Take on the hard work on fighting the enemy on basic infantry combat. Use the artillery to your advantage when softening enemy positions before assaulting them.

Roger Tuchek Mechanized infantry (M2A2s) squad leader

Cause serious damage to the enemy positions with your Bradley arsenal. M2A2s, arty support and the works, its time to do real damMage.

David Ruby M1A1 Abrams platoon commander

Turn the Russian armor into burning wrecks, but be careful as the enemy has top of the line main battle tanks to face you.

Bob Walton AH-64 Apache pilot

Unleash the power of gunship helicopter from the skies, watch out for air to air defenses in the area.

This campaign has compelling storyline on the briefings (we really didn't do cutscenes, yet) and it captures a scary atmosphere of WWIII. Soldier/vehicle status is saved to the next missions, so you better keep your team alive and vehicles in working condition. Also the weapon pool of your base is in use, collect weapons from the battlefield and they can be used on following missions.

Required addons

PMC Rugen -------------------- PMC Tactical

LSR Ranger/Deltas ----------- OFP.info

LSR SEALs -------------------- OFP.info

bas Blackhawks -------------- OFP.info

JAM3 (three!) ----------------- OFP.info and patch CAVS vehicles

CoC Unified Artillery --------- CoC homepage

CoC Tomahawk -------------- CoC homepage

CoC Mines -------------------- CoC homepage

Bn880 Tracers v1.24 --------- BIS forum topic

More details at PMC Tactical, PMC Tactical Forums, PMC Editing Wiki and PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals.

Finally, the campaign itself. Download PMC_Heros_Path_v0.3b.rar - 435kb.

Mirror 1 - ofpc.de

Mirror 2 - OFP.4players.de

Edited by Snake Man

Very Interesting. Already downloaded it. Nice to see there are still some people out there making campaigns.  wink_o.gif

Got any screenshots? So i may make a news out of it on ofpc.de

//edit : mirror from ofpc.de smile_o.gif

I tried to play the Campaign, but i have an error: "No Entry config.bin/CfgWeapons_Jam_RPG7Allrocket"

And at the first little Intro i've got an Crash back to Desktop: "Invalid crew JAM_SoldierEHDPilot"

I download all required addons from your list,(inclusiv the addons for the Island) but I don't know whats wrong. confused_o.gif

Anyone had an answer?

Thanks a lot for any help

Imutep

Quote[/b] ]Nice to see there are still some people out there making campaigns.

Funny thing is, this is not really a new campaign. It was first introduced (in alpha version) back in ... uh last year?

Quote[/b] ]Got any screenshots? So i may make a news out of it on ofpc.de

I dont have any screenshot at the moment, I'll try to get some but its kind of hard to capture essence of this campaign into a few screenshots. I kind of dont know even where to start looking for nice shots, not that I know how to take them anyway heh.

Quote[/b] ]//edit : mirror from ofpc.de

New Mirror: PMC_Heros_Path Campaign / 436 KB RAR

Thanks guys for the mirrors. I'll surely try to keep you up to speed when new versions come out.

Quote[/b] ]Are this all addons you listed?

Yep, should be all listed in the first post and the readme. Why you ask?

Quote[/b] ]i have an error: "No Entry config.bin/CfgWeapons_Jam_RPG7Allrocket"

Crash back to Desktop: "Invalid crew JAM_SoldierEHDPilot"

This means you do not have JAM installed, make sure its the JAM 3 (THREE), not the previous one. This version of the campaign uses the new JAM3 stuff so it wont work with previous versions anymore.

Discovered a little error in the Briefing of the first mission :

It's not the Wehrmacht (from 1930's to 1945) who has troops on the island but the Bundeswehr (since 1955). wink_o.gif

And i doubt its the Küstenwache (Coast Guard) who has patrol boats out there. The Bundesmarine (Navy) seems more probable. But i aint sure about that though.

It was fun playing the first missions. Really enjoyed it. But i didnt see the second M17 dropping troops on my left when i was on the fifty => owned. rofl.gif

Well, no problem for the screens i'll have to look myself for some smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I'm gonna give this a try. Looks very nice! wow_o.gif

Note; The mirrors for CoC Unified Artillery, CoC Cruise missiles & CoC Mines are down.

I get a CTD on loading the first intro, no error, just crashes. All addons are installed. Played the alpha version ages ago and it worked fine... sad_o.gif

Anyone else have this problem? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's not the Wehrmacht (from 1930's to 1945) who has troops on the island but the Bundeswehr (since 1955).  

And i doubt its the Küstenwache (Coast Guard) who has patrol boats out there. The Bundesmarine (Navy) seems more probable. But i aint sure about that though.

Ok thanks for correcting that one, I'll forward that to my our storyline guy smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I get a CTD on loading the first intro, no error, just crashes. All addons are installed.

I dont know what to say... works fine here and apparently works fine for few other people too.

I hate to sound like the nagging guy, but are you *sure* you installed all the addons correctly?

How about trying to put JUST the addons into new mod dir (sometimes other unused addons cause problems)?

I hope you get it to work.

btw I updated the first post with the two new mirrors, thanks guys. Also I added additional and basically optional but HIGHLY recommended patch for JAM3 which is the CAVS vehicles. This campaign does work without that CAVS patch since it wont add/remove any units/vehicles, but it adds so much realism into the JAM3 package that its very important.

I'd assume that the M1A1 tank missions are now much more balanced than with BIS values, at least they should be. So better to put in that CAVS patch guys.

I hate to sound like the nagging guy, but are you *sure* you installed all the addons correctly?

How about trying to put JUST the addons into new mod dir (sometimes other unused addons cause problems)?

I hope you get it to work.

Yeah, but I'll try re-downloading all of them and putting them in a mod folder.

I hope it works aswell, I never finished the last version wink_o.gif

Somebody outside BIS forums told me that the enemy artillery is quite deadly, does anyone have feedback on it, comments?

Also for playbalance, are all the missions ok, ie you have ammo and repair trucks etc for the mechanized infantry missions as well as tank missions?

How about the SEAL missions, are they too overwhelming, or are you guys (players) and the LSR SEAL units so badass that there is no problems?

I played the first couple of missions now, it indeed looks very nice! I like the way the storyline creates athmosphere, and although the missions include long walks (skipable by acceleration) they have a nice athmosphere and require many tactical decisions! Nice! smile_o.gif

I played the first couple of missions now, it indeed looks very nice! I like the way the storyline creates athmosphere, and although the missions include long walks (skipable by acceleration) they have a nice athmosphere and require many tactical decisions! Nice! smile_o.gif

Well great to hear that you enjoy the missions, thats the one reason I made them.

I dont know if you've seen my other mission work, but there is alot of that long walk type of thing, ie all my helicopter insertion missions always start at the airbase/base and will ferry you completely to the objective/lz and back, there is no mid-air starts in my missions which would get player faster to the action where firing starts.

I definitely believe that the "anticipation of action" creates the atmosphere for good action then.

Also I have to mention that in PMC Hero's Path the early SEAL missions are really trying to achieve the mood of being deep behind enemy lines. You just cannot go about there shooting your way through. These SEAL missions may seem like there is no enemy in sight, but trust me, if you're having a bad luck, you'll have bunch of enemy patrols and reaction forces coming down on you. Of course dunno how many people appreciate the fact of "hours of boredom and few seconds of terror" which I think the SEAL missions produce quite nicely, although with careful stealth tactics you can pass few of them without firing a shot. Also the PMC Rugen terrain causes a new tactical situation/dilemma for player, such an open spaces there, dare he cross it when there is distant vehicle sound to be heard etc.

The Bradley missions are the same, but there is the help of boarding the vehicle and speeding away. But that way someone has to keep a lookout for enemy RPG soldiers and dangers like that. Personally I only travelled short distances onboard the bradley, then when there were soldiers/danger, I dismounted and hunkered behind the bradley advancing short distances at time coordinating my squad. So massive to see the Bradley fire to the identified enemy units, great fun.

Also I have to mention that in PMC Hero's Path the early SEAL missions are really trying to achieve the mood of being deep behind enemy lines. You just cannot go about there shooting your way through. These SEAL missions may seem like there is no enemy in sight, but trust me, if you're having a bad luck, you'll have bunch of enemy patrols and reaction forces coming down on you.

I have to admit that you managed that very well! The point of long walking is compensated by the comparable "easy" missions, you don't have them 10 times if you plan and act well and tactically.

I did all the first SEAL missions without firing a single shot or having any losses. If you avoid the enemy patrols, which can be really frightening at times, and are fast, those missions are indeed possible. But the athmosphere is exactly what you said: The enemy movement on the ground and in the air makes you a bit frightened of accidentally running into one.

I also like your idea from starting a mission at the real start and ending it at the real end without cutting any part. Due to the fact that these missions don't seem to require a lot of scripts, they can easily accelerated (I do that if I don't have as much time to play them).

Great work!

Downloaded this campaign and I must say, fantastic work! Im about halfway through the SEAL missions so far and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks man!

I have to admit that you managed that very well! The point of long walking is compensated by the comparable "easy" missions, you don't have them 10 times if you plan and act well and tactically.

I'll take my words back now that I've progressed a bit and come up at the quite tricky Ranger missions. Maybe I should stop trying to manage them without any friendly losses . . .

The ranger missions are tricky indeed. I think I've encountered a bug - in the mission ranger path there is available the SR-25 rifles, but there is no ammunition for them.

What is the jam ammo type for the SR-25?

The ranger missions are tricky indeed. I think I've encountered a bug - in the mission ranger path there is available the SR-25 rifles, but there is no ammunition for them.

Yep, same here. You really notice it since the briefing advises you to take a sniper rifle, but there aren't any with ammunition. icon_rolleyes.gifwink_o.gif

Yep, same here. You really notice it since the briefing advises you to take a sniper rifle, but there aren't any with ammunition. icon_rolleyes.gif  wink_o.gif

rofl.gif

Now that is slopy!

Thanks for that, I had a tough day at the work today, I needed something like this to cheers me up. thumbs-up.gif

Now I need to dl this campaign ...

Now that is slopy!

Thanks for that, I had a tough day at the work today, I needed something like this to cheers me up. thumbs-up.gif

Now I need to dl this campaign ...

Maybe, but its easy for small things like that to slip through the net with a 30 something mission campaign.

Definately download it though, its really good smile_o.gif

EDIT - just finished the first ranger mission, so so tense! Ive never been more happy to see the extract helo. I was bricking it after the assault on the fuel depot, really amazing atmosphere.

Quote[/b] ]in the mission ranger path there is available the SR-25 rifles, but there is no ammunition for them.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix this on next version.

Quote[/b] ]just finished the first ranger mission, so so tense! Ive never been more happy to see the extract helo.

There is no substitute for extraction under enemy machine gun fire. Just a technical note, there is no such scripting/editing in my missions, if under fire extractions occur they are just pure OFP (random) magic, not mine.

Glad you guys like it, I'll fix the reported stuff and see if there is anything I can tweak to work more better.

Damn, the ranger missions are really hard. I was happy to manage the assault on the fuel depot, but invading the base is just tricky with all that reinf coming (as said I want to finish every mission without friendly losses) . . . crazy_o.gif

There is no substitute for extraction under enemy machine gun fire. Just a technical note, there is no such scripting/editing in my missions, if under fire extractions occur they are just pure OFP (random) magic, not mine.

Glad to hear you'll still be updating it. Thanks for the response.

The helo thing was just such a welcome sight after being chased through the forest by a squad of angry russians and armour!