Sign in to follow this  
blacknight_pl

SCAR'S SU-30 and LEOPARD 2 A6

Hardly the easiest thing to simulate in OFP. I think while it was a good idea, it is pretty impractical as you have to go into command view to use them

You arent by any chance refering to the R-73 Back missiles...which only lock on to targets flying behind them are you?

Yep I'm referring to that variant of the addon. How are you supposed to know what's behind you to lock onto it, seeing as you need to get a visual or at least a radar contact to get a lock huh.gif Or does it come equipped with a rear hemisphere radar too? huh.gif

Yea, sukhois are equipped with a rear monitoring radar. Scans up somewhere between 8 to 15 km I recall from a reference book.

I'm aware of this system, but its use in OFP is rather impractival and complicated

You arent by any chance refering to the R-73 Back missiles...which only lock on to targets flying behind them are you?

Yep I'm referring to that variant of the addon. How are you supposed to know what's behind you to lock onto it, seeing as you need to get a visual or at least a radar contact to get a lock  huh.gif Or does it come equipped with a rear hemisphere radar too?  huh.gif

If you go to the Russian Aviation Page:

http://aeroweb.lucia.it/rap/RAP.html

There's an OLLLLLD article on the system. Granted yeah it's 2006, it's still something to get an idea on how it should be, or how it turned out.

r73's are "hyper agile" missiles they can be fired any which way as long as the target was illuminated

You really don't need a radar for firing IR missiles. However they do extend their detection range (but I don't think range is that important with rearward-firing missiles).

Now back to the addon:

-cannot turn your view past 90 degrees inside the cockpit - biiiig minus!

-As someone pointed out, backward-firing R73:s don't lock onto targets. AI will still use them against you, but you get no missile warning (provided your aircraft is equipped with it).

-Handling doesn't really feel as flanker-y as I think it should (as If I know how an SU-30 should handle! :P). I'm thinking more the likes of Spetsnaz's Su-27.

-Canopy animation has no meaning (You can enter the aicraft without operating the canopy, and it can be opened without a problem in mid-flight, ergo it's useless eye-candy). Recommend automatic animation according to engine on/off status.

-Model: WOW!

Conclusion; needs some work, but pretty damn nice for a beta! smile_o.gif

Can someone tell me if the gunner's + commander cupolla error has been fixed with SCAR'S Leopard? When the commander or gunner is turned out and the turrent moves around, their position is static. I think this is a model error. Anyway, I was always under the impression that BWMOD should have taken this model and its beautiful texturing and fixed these errors and added their own flourishes, like the KMARNs mod did. But eh, you know, they can do what they want biggrin_o.gif

Scars has released an update for the Su-30MKs

Rough translation of the updates (I think):

Added the other missiles to backward R73 unit

Addition of air-brake

Added Kh-31 to Su-30MKI

Changes to the amount of ammunition and missiles carried

Moving canards and fixed shadow LODs

Corrected geometry

Corrected AI landing gear operation

Texture corrections

Download:

http://labo3.hp.infoseek.co.jp/addon2.htm

Those Anti-Radar missiles are a bit odd, Im sure the real versions would be grey (orange is used for testing AFAIK) I would have prefered regular Kh-29 missiles of the older version, but thats just my 2 cents

Me and Codarl tried the Su30's in MP last night.. They look amazing, but there are a few huge flaws with it..

Not that "the [small negligible object] wasn't on the [something] version of the plane" etc kind of problem, but..

- Problem A, it's extremely over powered in game.. It starts of at ~1500km/h which is far far to fast for OFP

- Problem B, it seems too strong for the game.. I "landed" it at around 200km/h, and amazingly it was fine..

- Problem C, enemies seem to ignore it (Placed 6 Vulcans, and flew around them for a bit, nothing)

- Problem D :

PlaneWash.jpg

(The plane was fine, flew out the water/back in several times)

Their just a few config tweaks, but unless I'm missing something make the plane pretty much unuseable (The AI-ignoring you one particularly), sort the problems and it'd be an amazing addon..

Such a nice model deserves an equally nice config tounge2.gif

- Ben

hmm amphibious plane tounge2.gif the sukhoi as far as i remember has got a relativly high landing speed so... and about the high speed let me put in context to how i feel when flying it its like being in control of the uss enterprise (startreck)

Very good addon! smile_o.gif Gj SCAR

--------------------------------

bug6eq.jpg

huh.gif mg fire bug?

Today i found this video. You can see russian fighter jets in action, for example Su 30, Su 32, Su 27, Su 47....

Great pictures, great pilots, great action! Download and see!  notworthy.gif

Video (89 MB)

Hi, thx all   biggrin_o.gif

explains the usage of back R-73.

1, The range is 900m in the rear side.

2, right and left 120 degrees,

also

top and bottom 35 degrees,

The enemy within those ranges can be attacked.

3, And, listen to the beep sound.

if the enemy is in those ranges.

4, If back R-73 is launched, it hits the enemy.

Because all the inducements are reproduced in the script,

it cannot be done to do the lock-on like a usual missile.

5, Moreover, the enemy also similarly shoots it.

The possibility of the attack rises by the skill high.

mg fire bug is cured because of the next update.

Thank you

Hey Scars I have a question,will we ever be seeing your Mi-24? I heard that RHS has it and they were looking for a scripter and they supposedly have one,we'v seen images but heard nothing,are they just teasing us an never going to release it or what?

Hey Scars I have a question,will we ever be seeing your Mi-24? I heard that RHS has it and they were looking for a scripter and they supposedly have one,we'v seen images but heard nothing,are they just teasing us an never going to release it or what?

RHS is taking care of Scar's hinds. They are coming soon