Sign in to follow this  
Delirium

AK Sopmod version

So horrible.. get all the crap off that gun confused_o.gif

Let the people who want to SOPMOD rape guns stick to their own Western platforms.. sad_o.gif

Oh no sad_o.gif . Thats like putting neons on a ferrari..

Modernisation icon_rolleyes.gif , more like "We cant build reliable weaponry so we put weight on them to make them look cool, fashionable and stupid..".

Oh no sad_o.gif . Thats like putting neons on a ferrari..

Are you shi..... me? It's not a ferrari but a volkswagen.

Blasphemy! AK's should be left as Kalashnikov intended!

Anyway, a local gun magazine did a much better job on a .223 SAR M1 in a series of articles where they bought and converted the standard rifle for 1000€.

Oh yes! How funny that armchair commandos like American, British, German, Israeli, Australian, Italian, French, Norwegian, Polish and Jordanian (better stop here before I take up the page) special operations forces and SWAT teams want their rifles to be modernly equipped! In fact, everyone who can afford it seems to be sticking a ridiculous amount of useless gizmos on their rifles! How silly!

Games forum posters know how it should be, those sights and vertical grips are all just dead weight and makes the rifle look ugly! We should go tell the Serbian, Bulgarian, Slovenian, Czech and Slovakian special forces that use "modernized" AKs like this, I'm sure they will love our input.

Only the well-respected "drug, Islamic and Communist guerrilla" expert special forces circles seem to be free of this stupid craze.

Oh yes! How funny that armchair commandos like American, British, German, Israeli, Australian, Italian, French, Norwegian, Polish and Jordanian (better stop here before I take up the page) special operations forces and SWAT teams want their rifles to be modernly equipped! In fact, everyone who can afford it seems to be sticking a ridiculous amount of useless gizmos on their rifles! How silly!

Games forum posters know how it should be, those sights and vertical grips are all just dead weight and makes the rifle look ugly! We should go tell the Serbian, Bulgarian, Slovenian, Czech and Slovakian special forces that use "modernized" AKs like this, I'm sure they will love our input.

Only the well-respected "drug, Islamic and Communist guerrilla" expert special forces circles seem to be free of this stupid craze.

All the silly "gizmos" are useless until you start using them. Or maybe a rifle is too gizmo for you too. Better stick with a bow. It is lightweight and silent.

It is not about looks but comfort and being effective. It is much efficient to use a foregrip than standart handguard.

I would trust more experienced teams like those form US or UK rather than those propably of no combat experience at all, excluding ex-jugoslavian, who didn't really care what they used.

Please, don't compare Serbian, Bulgarian, Slovenian, etc with armies like UK, US or Israel with almost 50 years of combat experience.

Quote[/b] ]All the silly "gizmos" are useless until you start using them. Or maybe a rifle is too gizmo for you too. Better stick with a bow. It is lightweight and silent.
Or maybe I should start using [sARCASM] tags so everyone can understand?
Quote[/b] ]I would trust more experienced teams like those form US or UK rather than those propably of no combat experience at all, excluding ex-jugoslavian, who didn't really care what they used.

Please, don't compare Serbian, Bulgarian, Slovenian, etc with armies like UK, US or Israel with almost 50 years of combat experience.

Regardless of your absolutely ridiculous statement that Serbian etc. special operations forces don't "care" what they use, they use the same attachments as these mighty Western forces you mention, the only difference is that the platform is an AK instead of an AR.

rofl biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]All the silly "gizmos" are useless until you start using them. Or maybe a rifle is too gizmo for you too. Better stick with a bow. It is lightweight and silent.
Quote[/b] ]I would trust more experienced teams like those form US or UK rather than those propably of no combat experience at all, excluding ex-jugoslavian, who didn't really care what they used.

Regardless of your absolutely ridiculous statement that Serbian etc. special operations forces don't "care" what they use, they use the same attachments as these mighty Western forces you mention, the only difference is that the platform is an AK instead of an AR.

1. Maybe it is too much "gizmo" for me or it was just enough for you to understand.

2. Good for them, at least they can make some use of that technology that you seem to think is obsolete.

1. Maybe it is too much "gizmo" for me or it was just enough for you to understand.

2. Good for them, at least they can make some use of that technology that you seem to think is obsolete.

Somebody doesn't know what sarcasm means it seems... crazy_o.gif

Chill out Delirium, I'm on your side tounge2.gif

I am chilled as a summer beer. No worries there.

I think They should modernize the Ak's in the way all the addons were as friendly as possible.

The Americans already have (or are getting) the SCAR which can use AK mags. I think that gun is just a waste of time, the only reason you'd want to use an AK is cause its simple and reliable, putting every fancy yoke on it takes away from that

Guest Ti0n3r

Pfft, my swiss army knife has got more gadgets than that. help.gif

The Americans already have (or are getting) the SCAR which can use AK mags. I think that gun is just a waste of time, the only reason you'd want to use an AK is cause its simple and reliable, putting every fancy yoke on it takes away from that

The military-grade electronics used on these rifles aren't nearly as flimsy as people think, and they have extremely long battery lives. They have been battle-proven, and even if they have a (extremely small) chance of failure they dramatically increase the usefulness of a rifle. I can personally say that an AK or AR with a good red dot becomes a whole new killing machine. And if they fail, you can just take them off and use the original sights, no loss at all.

A modern Ak would be an AK-107/108/109 with the BARS recoil system...

For all those "tactical" lovers, Izhmash also does railed handguards.. They also come standard with sidemounts and folding stocks, so no aftermarket parts needed for those..

And if you insist on a vertical grip.. you could always use what most Russians use, which is the magazine.. wink_o.gif

And if you insist on a vertical grip.. you could always use what most Russians use, which is the magazine.. wink_o.gif

I was under the impression that using a mag as a grip is a very bad idea, no?

Only if you are using an Armalite variant with weak magazines whistle.gif

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Scroll down a bit.

How to customise an AK without making it look ghey whistle.gif ...

And why did they do that "modernised" abomination?

Perhaps because there are hundreds of western manufacturers whose profit derives from creating accessories that increase the lethality of not so great weaponry.. perhaps they wish to expand their market with their "cool" looking accessories. Perhaps its just a comercial stunt to make an impression since weapon accessories seem very fashionable these days ..

I didnt mean to ofend anyone really but that "modernised" AK looks like clumsy bs, there are better alternatives imo.

I don't know what to say... sad_o.gif

Thats got to be the most horrible picture of an AK i've ever seen!

To be fair i cant see the usefullness of having dot sights and the like on a gun but if you're gona do it to an AK then you should at least use Russian attachments.

If you want a front grip then use the mag as FW200 suggests...or use a Romanian AK... whistle.gif

Anyway, it maybe one hell of an ugly gun with all that tat on it, but remember that nothing kills quite like an AK does  nener.gif

Biscuit (AK lover pistols.gif )

Guest Ti0n3r

Hah, the ergonomic pistol grip and the mag makes it look like some fucking Batman gadget lol. yay.gif

I don't think you would put all that gadget on that rifle, but having a rail system expands a lot of options. So making a new rail system is a good move.

There are certain group of people who love putting loads of stuff on the rail and modify it. But it does not represent the fact that a rail system is a very good one to have. Rail systems allow users to add what they want with ease. Some people would prefer Aimpoint over Trijicon and if there were no rail system putting it on or chnaging it would be a pain in the ass. Same for forward grip. Different people have different arm length so having adjustable length is good too.

It may look "tactical wannabe-ish" but if you are on the frontline and need all the help you need, having a rail system would be a plus. Enemies don't look at your rifle and say, "That's one ugly rifle".

yep ralph smile_o.gif

besides..

i think is a very practical thing for sf operators

imagine your otta there in the desert...

your m4 mags are empty...

btu youve got dozens of ak mags lying around from killed insurgents or wotsoever...

only would be clever to use them..

and overall..

it doesnt really matter wot rifle you fire..

m4 and ak74 are identical in terms of that

ak74 is more powerfull though :P

so befor you folks piss it off just by looks

better thing again and take a different view on it smile_o.gif

thanks smile_o.gif