Sign in to follow this  
sim

Ashau Valley

This is not an official Unsung Project but is made by one of our very talented team members, Hawkins.

Ashau Valley... dare to walk in it?  wink_o.gif

hawkashausf20fl.jpg

hawksashau1nb.jpg

hashau21mk.jpg

hashau16jh.jpg

hashau8tf.jpg

ashau_pr8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed that lot  inlove.gif

sim

and more pistols.gif

ashau_pr7.jpg

ashau_pr6.jpg

ashau_pr5.jpg

wink_o.gif

Looking good, seem to give a nice Nam feeling.

Thouhg, my shitcomp won't take it sad_o.gif

Lower your viewdistance a bit and add a bit of fog and it should be ok. I get about 20FPS.

Looks nice.....new Vietnam feeling smile_o.gif

Imutep

Thanks sim for posting this! smile_o.gif

There shouldn't be any big performance issues with the island, it runs pretty good compared to the amount of objects it has. And as sim said, lowering your viewdistance and/or adding some fog always helps. It also makes it more claustrophobic. But, I'm aiming at having a good 900m viewdistance without any considerable lag. With that setting, I get around 25-30 FPS, and my comp isn't that up to date. smile_o.gif

Lower your viewdistance a bit and add a bit of fog and it should be ok. I get about 20FPS.

On Tonal (in the desert, near the biggest town, whatever the name is) I had 2k viewdistance, got ~15-20fps, and then i lowered it to 500m, but still at ~15-20fps. Tried this with different conditions (objects, units, air, sea, land etc) and the difference between 2k WD and 500M WD is maybe 1 or 2fps better, where it's best.

So.. Well tounge2.gif

I think your comp should be able to handle it tounge2.gif

Did some tweaking, can you guess what kind of tweaking? wink_o.gif

ashau_pr9.jpg

oooo I can I can, but I'm not allowed to say sad_o.gif

tounge2.gif

To shed some more light into this, here's some more info on the coming release:

Release date: When I feel it's ready

Includes:

New objects and ground textures, single player and multiplayer missions, totalling around 8 or more if I have the time to make them. A campaign is also planned for the island, and will most likely be released with the island if it's ready by then. All the missions will be tested before release to make sure they work, so they will not be beta releases. Stay tuned for more information. smile_o.gif

Two pics from Hawkins A Shau Valley:

Sneaking around...look at them concentrated eyes

jfever14hp.jpg

Contact! Get some Charlie!

jfever27rr.jpg

Addons:

- A Shau Valley by Hawkins (unreleased);

- Jungle Fever by Hawkins (unreleased).

Greetings,

Warrior X™ {The Unsung}[Zeus]  smile_o.gif

Small pic from A Shau valley.

jfever6kl3.jpg

Addons:

- A Shau valley (unreleased);

- Jungle Fever (unreleased).

Hawkins is still working on this project wink_o.gif

Mm, will we be able to destroy the bridges with explosives? I hate when many islands have wooden bridges that look like they could easily be destroyed with some TNT but which do not even get scratched by 10 LGB:s. And think about playing as VC and blowing up an US platoon walking on a bridge!

Heh just tried that. The bridge is explosion proof. Will tell Hawkins about this, good point. Although i am not sure he will be able to fix that. As far as i know the bridges used are part of a pack or something. So he would have to change the model. Buttah i am not expert at addons lol. I'll just tell him.

Just to let people know, Jungle Fever is released. Look here for a link.

Guess this thread should be either moved, or closed (if Hawkins makes a new thread in the A&M:C board). I feel I'll leave that decision to Hawkins. Just wanted to let you all know it's released, since it's a great minimod smile_o.gif

Seriously guys, I do really recommend this!!!!

Download now and you won't be dissapointed wink_o.gif

Damn yay.gifinlove.gif

Truly a great Mod. What else can one say....it captured my heart like a free WP artillery barrage.

Had some intense moments defending a hill with 12 men squad against 12 DAC generated groups of VC.

In the end my men dropped one by one and i´ve finally been torn apart by rpd fire, but we gave ´em a good fight!

Trying to take a shot on charlie while Mr.MG does his best to supress the incoming waves. (chaos light flare script really comes in handy here)

fieldfight.jpg

shouldn't this be in A&M : C by now ?

the mod looks good i like the tigerstripe guys and the island

This should be in A&M:C as it has content released, it can be moved if someone makes a proper "released" post so it's not a case of playing "hunt the download link" as I just had to do wink_o.gif

Alternatively it never hurts to make a fresh new "released" thread in A&M:C (in which case use RPTM to have this one closed).

Guest Ti0n3r

You all have to download it. It's the best 'Nam stuff out there as far as I'm concerned notworthy.gif