Sign in to follow this  
Die Alive

Mike Tyson vs. Lennox Lewis

It's a USA vs UK fight, that must interest some people.

-=Die Alive=-

usa.gif<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>vs.</span>great-britain.gif

-=Die Alive=-

It's a good thing I don't live in either of them so I don't have any reason to care

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 22 2002,14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's a good thing I don't live in either of them so I don't have any reason to care<span id='postcolor'>

Well thank you for sharing.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Op @ Jan. 22 2002,22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lennox lewis is canadian<span id='postcolor'>

I believe he was born in the Carribbean (sp?) and moved to Canada at a young age and trained here. I think he lived near Toronto for a number of years. Then he moved to England and started speaking with some fake ass British accent and he now calls himself British.

Oh well, I hate boxing anyway. tounge.gif

Tyler

yeah me too, just wanted to point out he int British, same with that tennis player dude, cant remember name

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Op @ Jan. 22 2002,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah me too, just wanted to point out he int British, same with that tennis player dude, cant remember name<span id='postcolor'>

Rosedsky? or Henman?

rosedsky i think, def not henman

i was just watching the news and tyson and lewis just had a pre match fight biggrin.gif

tyson took a punch at lewis but missed, the bodyguards rushed in and lewis landed a punch on tysons head biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Op @ Jan. 22 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rosedsky i think, def not henman

i was just watching the news and tyson and lewis just had a pre match fight biggrin.gif

tyson took a punch at lewis but missed, the bodyguards rushed in and lewis landed a punch on tysons head biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I read about it on skynews!

Apparently, Tyson was bleeding, and Lewis claimed that Tyson took a bite out of his foot!!! (yuck confused.gif)!!!

blah! tyson will just bite off lennoxs' ear and than lennox will cry like a little girl, than tyson will win j/k personally i like the tough man contests now thats real fighting

During that press conference they fought like a pair of ol' grannies

what happened to their boxing technique anyways?

I guess they can't box for shit

The fight will more than liekly not happen now, since their little scuffle at the press meeting, the funniest part is that Tyson bit Lewis's Fing leg LMMFAO. They said they were on teh floor and you really couldn't see anything, and Lewis pooped up with no shoe and a no sock, and said that Tyson bit his ass lol. BTW Lewis would kick his ass, Tyson is dried up and really has no chance at being a "respected" boxer anymore. I wouldn';t be surprised if he wasnt banned at his hearing again.

yeah boxing is a complete fix but i hope taht mike tyson gets knocked oot rapid style, and that be the end of him, that man dont deserve to take part in high profile sports after his history with women.

tough man contests are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. no gloves, just 2 guys in a cage duking it out with just about any fighting style.

Lewis was born in London and moved to Canada when he was about 9.

Tyson of 10 years ago would have destroyed Lewis of today, depends which Tyson turns up on fight night, one thing a boxer never loses is the power in his punches, he may get older and slower but the power is always there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 23 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lewis was born in London and moved to Canada when he was about 9.

Tyson of 10 years ago would have destroyed Lewis of today, depends which Tyson turns up on fight night, one thing a boxer never loses is the power in his punches, he may get older and slower but the power is always there.<span id='postcolor'>

Power is useless if he is slow though. If Lennox just dodges his power punches, then Tyson will get tired and then Lennox will take him out slowly but painfully - which looks like a very likely scenario to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 23 2002,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Power is useless if he is slow though. If Lennox just dodges his power punches, then Tyson will get tired and then Lennox will take him out slowly but painfully - which looks like a very likely scenario to me.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't say it's useless if he's slow but it needs to be combined with a good chin and a good defence, same as being fast is no certainty of being a good fighter, no good being fast if you have no power in your punches, if Lewis had a decent chin he would be an outstanding heavyweight, unfortunately combined with his suspect stamina they are his two major flaws, his major strengths of course are his speed, footwork, jab and of course he does have a fair punch on him, the problem is that Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman have both proven that all it takes is one shot right on the "sweet" spot of the chin and Lewis can be out, they've both proven that a lucky punch can win the world championship, Tyson probably has the power of those two combined so if he lands anything it could well be over quickly.