Sign in to follow this  
RaDiuM

The battlefield map need to be changed!

Armed_Assault_russian1.jpg

Look how the map looks like! this is ugly!  sad_o.gif

Where are all the cool marks?

What are those squared blue arrows? Shame!  mad_o.gif

They need to improve the map!  crazy_o.gif

No-one said this was final either.  Now I'm understanding why BIS doesn't show much until just before release.  confused_o.gif

Heh, you have no idea what the final map is going to be. Stop hyperventalating. For all we know that could be a map from a multiplayer screen where the commander has placed arrows on the map for his men for all we know =-\.

Said it once, said it a million times, they've had 5 years to figure out the best format, chances are that as a highly skilled team they already know that and are working on it!

even IF it is going to be what the final map looks like im sure someone will redo the icons like there is in OFP with standard NATO or equivilant markers! Chill out smile_o.gif

I want my notepad back tounge2.gif

I hope this anit the final version as to me its butt ugly sad_o.gif

A map doesn't need to be pretty, it needs to be based on the system that the US uses (in other words, realism). Pretty looks are not important in that system, usability is.

When the final Mission overview looks like this, there is a base to discuss about it. In this stadium a discussion is....useless.

Yup. Hold off on the pics BIS! Only show us the final ones! then you'll only hear whining instead of complaints about stuff you've already fixed. tounge2.gif

*slaps self silly*

it would be nice if the final one was based on the VBS1 map  tounge2.gif

Yea, hi, how is that any different than the one in OFP (other than the notebook)?

Anyways it only makes sense that BIS is going for a more modern look for the map in ArmA, considering that it IS set in a modern era.

Anyways it only makes sense that BIS is going for a more modern look for the map in ArmA, considering that it IS set in a modern era.

Let´s hope they´re not going for cellphones..

9210.gif

.gif

crazy_o.gif

i kinda of liked the different and more cartoonish look of the map biggrin_o.gif looks different than the old one wch sometimes made my head heavy, especially after seeing the same design map view after all these years tounge2.gif

I think it's better, for a few reasons:

1. No more losing equipiment! Once, I tried to see if I could get the notepad off the screen. I got it back about 6 months later.

2. It's more modern. It's kinda like a GPS map.

3. You can always ask the community for a new one. Remember: OFP has a MASSIVE mod community.

4. WHO CARES. So it's not perfect. Sue BIS.

It probably isn't the final one anyway. There aren't any trees or bushes shown on it, so they may well change it.

You people are arguing over a map...ffs the one in OFP works well enough,it gives you what you need and gets you where you need to go,it doesn't have to be high tech and in pretty colors like a MFD's would be,I mean hell,doesnt the army still use paper for most of their maps and the computers for the high tech navigation and gps system? icon_rolleyes.gif

Sahrani is obviously a bit behind "modern",the military is in there yes but judging by its size and the small force there I would tend to believe they would use "simple" maps,of course I could be wrong,this is just a speculation.

But arguing over a map isn't worth any headaches