Sign in to follow this  
wildo

New ACU soldiers

Ah no textures until the WHOLE model is done, got to get the main thing done smile_o.gif

It will get them all in good time

Wildo

Wildo, would there be any way to try and simulate the IFF chips on the shoulder pocket. Something similar to what BAS did with the cateyes on the helmet band, though giving it a different effect? Thanks

Wildo, would there be any way to try and simulate the IFF chips on the shoulder pocket.  Something similar to what BAS did with the cateyes on the helmet band, though giving it a different effect?  Thanks

Hmmmmmmm... to be honest I havnt even thought of that, how so do you think it would be implicated?

Wildo

I have no idea to tell you the truth, but thought of it as I had either seen little squares made to look like IFF chips on either DLEM's or FFUR's ACU units. As far as the actually implementing of it I'm sure you could either ask some of the BAS members or any other talented addon maker. Thanks

Heh? Cateyes are enough, I reckon. See HYK's helmets, if you want an example.

Nice boot, Wildo. Keep posting them pictures... I've kinda self-appointed myself as the accuracy-complaining-guy-and-trying-to-help-out-but-mostly-be-annoying-guy for this addon.

Heh? Cateyes are enough, I reckon. See HYK's helmets, if you want an example.

Nice boot, Wildo. Keep posting them pictures... I've kinda self-appointed myself as the accuracy-complaining-guy-and-trying-to-help-out-but-mostly-be-annoying-guy for this addon.

Haha no problem  biggrin_o.gif Atleast someone to tell me where ive gone wrong in places  tounge2.gif

Ill work on the leg later today, for now, I must plan what alcohol to take to a BBQ!  biggrin_o.gif

Wildo

//EDIT//

Right, I got abit bored of planning what booze I need (Well...I have the whole of Å3 in change and nothing else so it isnt going to be alot!wink_o.gif, so I thought id show off Geralds leg (He is now named Gerald...for no reason, but it gives him life! biggrin_o.gif )

Heres the 3/4 prt of the leg in a test anim to see how well it is disformation wise, and its damn good so far biggrin_o.gif

legtestanim2xc.jpg

As for knowing more than I know, well, maybe only about MultiCam (and scripting, and most other OFP topics).

I'm thinking "I know something that you don't know" might have been more appropriate, but in anycase ACU is boring.

I saw some army guys wearing it today, sticks out pretty well.

Anyways, just out of curiosity, what are you going to do that hasn't already been done?

I think in a report they said that the purpose of ACU is not necessarily to blend in but to identify,but it was a long time ago when they were first introducing it,friendlies not mistaking them for enemies and getting "friendly fire".

Leg looks nice. Just make sure you make them ankles thick enough - though they look fine, IMO. If you're working with Neph, there shouldn't be any problem. biggrin_o.gif

Just while I'm here - what are you planning to put on the model in general?

Nephs only giving help smile_o.giftounge2.gif

Currently just doing a base model and then Ill build up from there, the ankle "looks" ok, but ill test it out again later, the boot is made from a side on picture of the actual boot so it should in theory be "the correct size" wink_o.gif

Wildo

I'll be more than happy to share some pictures/textures of Combat Issued ACU seeing that I have a set right next to me along with Issued Desert Boots.

Just ask, hell, I'll even model the stuff for you  wink_o.gif

I'll be more than happy to share some pictures/textures of Combat Issued ACU seeing that I have a set right next to me along with Issued Desert Boots.

Just ask, hell, I'll even model the stuff for you  wink_o.gif

Oooooo

Do I get catwalk glamour style then Wilco? biggrin_o.gif

Id be happy for pics definatly wink_o.gif

Couldnt give me a close up of the seams of the arms attached to the torso could you? whistle.gif

(You know... the shoulder bit thingy... icon_rolleyes.gif )

Wildo

Aye definatly what I was looking for!

Havnt got any from the front have you? tounge2.gif

Muchos gracias Wilco!

Wildo

Ahhhh perect! biggrin_o.gif

Many thanks Wilco!

Many many thanks!

Wildo