Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

I am wondering for some time, why the two of you (Anderson and Hawkins) aren't working together. Both of you making awesome stuff.

So. I hate to ask, but how close is this to being done?

Ideally id like to release this as soon as humanly possible, the forces of nature will in the end be the big determining factors. (kinda like constipation).

Right now I am just adding a few small plants and OPTIMIZING face/point counts to get better FPS and lets face it - the better set up this stuff is, the better the performance is... as you well know!

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't really matter how good it looks if it's not at all playable. The new VTE is a wonderful example of how something that looks like it would eat FPS... doesn't.

So. I hate to ask, but how close is this to being done?

Ideally id like to release this as soon as humanly possible, the forces of nature will in the end be the big determining factors. (kinda like constipation).

Right now I am just adding a few small plants and OPTIMIZING face/point counts to get better FPS and lets face it - the better set up this stuff is, the better the performance is... as you well know!

Couldn't agree more.  It doesn't really matter how good it looks if it's not at all playable.  The new VTE is a wonderful example of how something that looks like it would eat FPS... doesn't.

Exactly.  Currently the player will still have to have fog set fairly high due to the engine limitations but I am workin away at balancing the LOD optimization, in addition to object, face, and point counts.

Hey Hawkins, nice units. The tones of green you used for the tiger striped uniforms in your mod match the tones of green on Dak Nhe quite nicely.

1on9.th.jpg

They seem to blend in well indeed. smile_o.gif Glad to see they fit other islands too, makes it even better and gives more islands to play with them in. Looking very good! Especially the last three screens look very nice! I'll be making some missions for this island when it's out for sure. smile_o.gif

They seem to blend in well indeed. smile_o.gif Glad to see they fit other islands too, makes it even better and gives more islands to play with them in. Looking very good! Especially the last three screens look very nice! I'll be making some missions for this island when it's out for sure. smile_o.gif

Awsome!

I am looking forward to seeing what people do with this map.  I should note ive been exploring around some of the areas that have been randomly generated and no 2 valleys or hills look alike.  Very very easy to get lost unless you stay focused.  Without a compass, moving using the shape of the land and landmarks for navigation purposes is difficult at best with general visibility range not being much further than 100-125 meters at best in the bush.  

It seems so far with Dak Nhe (or any other dense map), you must rely on all senses to survive in the firefights and not just sight.  Learning to use the sounds of war to your advantage and generate actions based on what you hear and what they indicate can provide opportunities to gain the upper hand in certain situations.  I mean, if your caught in an ambush crossfire theres only so much ya can do;)  

Im no expert on warfare but ive found that you cant play these dense maps in the same fashion as other maps where you can see a target approaching from a distance away and have time to gather intel and form a strategy, its a bit of a different ballgame so to speak.

4yf3.th.jpg

5qa1.th.jpg

6vn4.th.jpg

7dx7.th.jpg

what can you say.... simply stunning smile_o.gif

edit: now this is why I didn't even bother with jungle for tonal, lol.

what can you say.... simply stunning smile_o.gif

edit: now this is why I didn't even bother with jungle for tonal, lol.

Ebud!  You're too kind with your words.  I should be complimenting and congratulating you on your team's amazing work on the new Tonal project! notworthy.gif

Wow! That's all I can say right now

Wow!

Quote[/b] ]Im no expert on warfare but ive found that you cant play these dense maps in the same fashion as other maps where you can see a target approaching from a distance away and have time to gather intel and form a strategy, its a bit of a different ballgame so to speak.

That's why I play Vietnam mods most of the time in OFP. I just like that feeling that you're never sure of your status in the battlefield.

WoW!!! Incredible, mate!

When you will relase it? smile_o.gif

hey Loony!  I am hurrying as quick as possible... thats all im gonna say right now! wink_o.gif

2qp9.th.jpg

3ba3.th.jpg

4aq7.th.jpg

5yq8.th.jpg

6fx1.th.jpg

Damn these pics look like they've been taken from another game! I love those rocks in the jungle, looks good. You say you randomly generate the jungle? Do you have forest objects which you generate randomly with the region tool in WRPTool? I'm interested in seeing how you've used the objects, meaning if you use single objects or clusters of objects, or various forest tiles. Either way, it looks very nice! smile_o.gif

OH MY GOOOD!!!

Now THIS is a jungle!

I don't think i wanna fight in that.....i'm afraid.... crazy_o.gif

...eurm...i wanna shag that jungle though  tounge2.gif  It's beautifull!!!

Extreme good job Sgt Anderson. Your skills have improved a lot. How ya did it i have no clue but damn man keep doing what yer doing!  wow_o.gif

Damn these pics look like they've been taken from another game! I love those rocks in the jungle, looks good. You say you randomly generate the jungle? Do you have forest objects which you generate randomly with the region tool in WRPTool? I'm interested in seeing how you've used the objects, meaning if you use single objects or clusters of objects, or various forest tiles. Either way, it looks very nice! smile_o.gif

Hawkins, I added u to my MSN list. Lets talk Wrptool some time.

X, u were laying out battle plans for some key areas on the island for the VC to have their bunkers/tunnels/etc (was it u who was doing this?  i have alot on my plate right now).  I will have to send you some new "stuff" to make your plans around.

Anderson

X, u were laying out battle plans for some key areas on the island for the VC to have their bunkers/tunnels/etc (was it u who was doing this?  i have alot on my plate right now).  I will have to send you some new "stuff" to make your plans around.

Anderson

Yep that would be me. Tunnelrat/bunkerbuster down at the Ho Chi Minh trail  smile_o.gif

We need to talk. Got some questions about the tunnels. (nooo....i do not want to ask where the light switch is in them dark tunnels! )

p.s. Yeah as you can notice from my late reaction. RL is a bitch at the moment for me as well  wink_o.gif

Sorru to be bopping around here all the time, but do you need any help Anderson? All things I can do to help I will do. Just send me a PM, e-mail or message over at MSN. I'll be away for the weekend but I'll be back sunday evening. smile_o.gif

Sorru to be bopping around here all the time, but do you need any help Anderson? All things I can do to help I will do. Just send me a PM, e-mail or message over at MSN. I'll be away for the weekend but I'll be back sunday evening. smile_o.gif

yes we could possibly discuss this when u get back

Nice looking objects!

They fit in perfectly with the surroundings. And they have that worn in look like they been in the jungle for some time.

Great work man! It's gonna be awesome running...around and ....dying.....all over the place  crazy_o.gif

help....mammy.... tounge2.gif

No wai, ma man biggrin_o.gif

I've got only two words:

one fps

tounge2.gif

Anyway, great work. These houses on trees looking awsome wink_o.gif like the rest of that amazing island notworthy.gif

No wai, ma man biggrin_o.gif

I've got only two words:

one fps

tounge2.gif

Anyway, great work. These houses on trees looking awsome wink_o.gif like the rest of that amazing island notworthy.gif

well, on a good day I get 17-20fps with fog cranked, and 500view dis. The pics are of a vc obsertation deck, a lean-to shelter, the first pic is just some misc valley god knows where. I will get some progress shots up later on today!