Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

You need pin-up posters on the walls. Lots of them. biggrin_o.gif

rodger dodger biggrin_o.gif

Was wondering if people will be able to live with no village objects in the public beta? If not, it'll be a while more before public beta comes out... I mean, people could just use another mod's vietnam huts for missions and bear with me until v1.0 final:)?

Need some authentic 60's pinups? wink_o.gifwhistle.gifhelp.gif

I'd say take your time if you can and add the village objects in. smile_o.gif

You need pin-up posters on the walls. Lots of them. biggrin_o.gif

rodger dodger biggrin_o.gif

Was wondering if people will be able to live with no village objects in the public beta?  If not, it'll be a while more before public beta comes out...  I mean, people could just use another mod's  vietnam huts for missions and bear with me until v1.0 final:)?

Need some authentic 60's pinups? wink_o.gif  whistle.gif  help.gif

I'd say take your time if you can and add the village objects in. smile_o.gif

Hey Hawkins, I take it you have some vintage poster images;) Great smile_o.gif I probably pm you later about that topic...  On the subject of the village objects, I am totally redoing all my village stuff to resemble reference material more.  For this reason, the beta wont have the village objects or it would be a while before I could get a beta out and I am really more interested in seeing how the island runs with different systems more at this point.  

Heres a quick 3d render of a general purpose crate I made for the base.

crate6fn.th.jpg

very good. Make destroy and open creates ;]

very good. Make destroy and open creates ;]

for sure smile_o.gif

Special thanks goes out to my Trident teammate SPK who has generously contributed his time to helping me out by making the cargo proxy for the chair, and a tip of the hat to CJ525 for suggestions.

heres a short "off the editing floor" video clip of a chair that has the sit option.  Doesn't represent the final result, definitley a work in progress.. and a nature video.

sitting video

nature video 1

Keep lightning to minimal in the base.

I am 100% with Hawk on that one, it is quite hazardous to ones health.

Sgt Anderson (Zeke if I may lol?) - I've seen the movies, images and read the thread, but I don't think I noticed one question being either asked or addressed - can the AI 'see through' the objects? IE if I hide in that lovely vegetation in the nature video, will the AI shoot happily away at me while I can't see 2ft in front of me? Secondly, if the AI cannot 'see me' (for want of a more technical description - ask an O2er), does the objects located immediately in front of me cause the objects behind those to 'flicker' or 'dissapear'?

Thanks in advance for your comments and thanks for adding another set of Nam stuff for us "true freaks" to check out smile_o.gif

Para @ July 05 2006,05:28)]
Keep lightning to minimal in the base.

I am 100% with Hawk on that one, it is quite hazardous to ones health.

Sgt Anderson (Zeke if I may lol?) - I've seen the movies, images and read the thread, but I don't think I noticed one question being either asked or addressed - can the AI 'see through' the objects? IE if I hide in that lovely vegetation in the nature video, will the AI shoot happily away at me while I can't see 2ft in front of me? Secondly, if the AI cannot 'see me' (for want of a more technical description - ask an O2er), does the objects located immediately in front of me cause the objects behind those to 'flicker' or 'dissapear'?

Thanks in advance for your comments and thanks for adding another set of Nam stuff for us "true freaks" to check out smile_o.gif

Ok, loved your stuff BTW Para.  

Hehe on the Anderson joke, I know where you're goin with that..

The ai view blocking works 85% of the time. If you are totally covered by grass/plants and havent fired (prone position tends to give better chances of concealment) I've had a group of 12 Vietcong guerillas walk past me column formation, there was only 7ft seperation.  

The flickering you talk of is taken care of.  A simple parameter added to my Geo LODS fixed that!

That's definitely a nice island. Previously i ony have seen pictures of your work. And i liked it then already. Now that i seen the last two vids i must complement you on some very nice jungle grounds. That really looks good. And i really hope that the AI doesn't see you that well like you described. As that would rock. Firefights at close quarters in this jungle would certainly be an experience.

Big thumbs up on your work m8 thumbs-up.gif

looking forward to the final product.

That's definitely a nice island. Previously i ony have seen pictures of your work. And i liked it then already. Now that i seen the last two vids i must complement you on some very nice jungle grounds. That really looks good. And i really hope that the AI doesn't see you that well like you described. As that would rock. Firefights at close quarters in this jungle would certainly be an experience.

Big thumbs up on your work m8  thumbs-up.gif

looking forward to the final product.

thanks for the compliments man!  My compliments to the Unsung Team on their amazing work!

Heres a link to nature video 2.  It's 21.2mb though..eep...good transfer rate though!

nature 2 demo video

I should mention that in one part of the video, a soldier walks through a tree...;) geoLOD comin up!

Anderson

Nice videos mate  wink_o.gif Really looking forward to making some missions on this baby  yay.gif

EDIT: Just watched the chair vid. Suprised no one else has had that idea before... well probably have, just never seen it done. Shame that it makes the noise of getting into a vehicle though. Ah well, still time to work on it, and it's very nice so far smile_o.gif

sim

Nice videos mate  wink_o.gif Really looking forward to making some missions on this baby  yay.gif

EDIT: Just watched the chair vid. Suprised no one else has had that idea before... well probably have, just never seen it done. Shame that it makes the noise of getting into a vehicle though. Ah well, still time to work on it, and it's very nice so far  smile_o.gif

sim

Im pretty sure this has been done before but I just thought it would be good for briefings...  About the sound when they sit down, I think it'll just be a matter of changing object class in config to something other than a car...hopefully wink_o.gif

Maybe, it's a steel chair rofl.gif ... or maybe, it's just an issue with the soundEnvironment parameter wink_o.gif

Cheers Everyone

Maybe, it's a steel chair  rofl.gif ... or maybe, it's just an issue with the soundEnvironment parameter  wink_o.gif

Cheers Everyone

There he is.  soundEnviroment parameter you say....hmmm I'll have to crack the config open today.  The terrain is being tweaked now before release to represent highlands better.  

20br.th.jpg

31fd.th.jpg

43ih.th.jpg

56ui.th.jpg

I would still like to add some more really tall undergrowth (a few more breeds of fan plant, and ofcourse a palm tree.

hmmmm, a potential alleyway for a vietcong bunker or mg emplacement?

killzone6gx.th.jpg

a quick pic of the make-shift firebase rain-water shower...

shower7dp.th.jpg

Heres a link to nature video III...

nature video III

*update*

Heres a link to contact video I

contact I

Ive encountered a little problem though with the elevation changes.  If the elevation is too steep, the objects have trouble keeping ground height and end up sinking about 3ft into the ground!  Any way around this besides less elevation?

Two ways:

Sometimes - and it seems totally object property dependant - you can just use wrptool's align to ground feature.

Alternatively, you do something like this in the island config:

[start script]

//##################################################################

//                       REPLACE OBJECTS - ALIGN TO GROUND

//##################################################################

class ReplaceObjects

{

class F1

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_iles_su_ctver_pruhozi.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_iles_su_ctver_pruhozi.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F2

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_irssz_trees.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_irssz_trees.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F3

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_irssz_brush.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_irssz_brush.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F4

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_imangrove.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_imangrove.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F5

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_imangrove2.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_imangrove2.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F6

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_imangrove3.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_imangrove3.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F7

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_imangrove4.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_imangrove4.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F8

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_imangrove5.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_imangrove5.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F9

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_rubber.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_rubber.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F10

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_low_canopy.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_low_canopy.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F11

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T1.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T1.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F12

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T2.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T2.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F13

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_canopy1.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_canopy1.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F14

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_canopy2.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_canopy2.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F15

{

replace="O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T1.p3d";

with[]={"O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T1.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F16

{

replace="O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T2.p3d";

with[]={"O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T2.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F17

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_low_canopy2.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_low_canopy2.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class F18

{

replace="vte_objects\vte_low_canopy3.p3d";

with[]={"vte_objects\vte_low_canopy3.p3d"};

center="true";

};

};

[end script]

Thats MeeKong's solution btw wink_o.gif

The replaceobjects solution does cause some ugliness when forests, etc, all line up - but thats why you vary the types of forest a bit, helps to cut down on this very small issue - way smaller issue than a floating or sunken tree lol!

Damn those are some cool vids Anderson wink_o.gif

I swear on the contact video the horizon looks like its a picture added in! It looks fantastic inlove.gif

The horizon is the Tropical Sky mod by Yaciek (Tropical Sky BETA 0.1 ) avaliable for download from OFPNAM.

Para @ July 07 2006,04:00)]Two ways:

Sometimes - and it seems totally object property dependant - you can just use wrptool's align to ground feature.

Alternatively, you do something like this....

I'll be sure to check out that feature in WrpTool, hopefully it works for me..  And thanks for the replace objects/align to ground script!

Here are 2 quick pics of the new ground types that will be used for the majority of space for the beta + a pic of the beta palm! Changed them cause I got thinking the old grass kinda made the landscape look weird.

ground19ki.th.jpg

ground24br.th.jpg

ground34ot.th.jpg

OMG! thats incredible dude!! i cant wait for this baby :]

OMG! thats incredible dude!! i cant wait for this baby :]

Not much longer  sad_o.gif

PolishGI has helped today to make the AI view blocking on plants/grass very good for gameplay now, just tweaking ai view blocking settings so that player can still right click on vc when theyre in thick foliage and still be able to target enemy for friendly AI sometimes.

Sounds good to me smile_o.gif and also looks rather nice wink_o.gif

This first pic of the grass is stunning!

You guys are trully artists..

This first pic of the grass is stunning!

You guys are trully artists..

thanks man, not much longer before I release my island.

Oooo an update biggrin_o.gif Downloading vid now, btw mate for some odd reason you've linked the vid to flashpoint1985.com confused_o.gif It works if you copy and paste the link into your browser, just not if you click on it.

cheers

sim

Just looked at the vid, very nice wink_o.gif and the ending was superb, poor guy, that's why you need to "keep your ass in the grass" as the saying goes.

Just looked at the vid, very nice  wink_o.gif and the ending was superb, poor guy, that's why you need to "keep your ass in the grass" as the saying goes.

Thanks for the notice Sim, link should be fixed now.

Anderson