Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

Gotta figure out what kind of lighting system to rig up for the base as well...  laterns or lights?

Keep lightning to minimal in the base. SF bases didn't have much lightning outside near the wires especially, since it compromised the bunkers and other positions to possible enemy spotters and snipers. If lightning was available, they were provided by a generator, later by two larger generators to provide lightning inside buildings, but very very rarely was there any lightning outside. Better be in the dark than in the sights of an NVA sniper. wink_o.gif If you need other information on SF camps, let me know. smile_o.gif

yeah I was thinking of maybe having just a few simple coleman style lanterns for interiors... def no big ol yard lights;)  

Anderson, report status! biggrin_o.gif

i can't wait!

More screens to come very soon.

communications radio based on the RT-524

rt6uv.th.jpg

adminsitrative junk

rt21rw.th.jpg

section of motorpool

motor0kv.th.jpg

Looks great! Unable to wait! notworthy.gif

Mate, this is looking absolutely fantastic! Looks like we'll get a top notch object pack for 'Nam island creators. smile_o.gif Very nice work! Can't wait for it. smile_o.gif Any layout pics of the SF base that you're working on? wink_o.gif

Mate, this is looking absolutely fantastic! Looks like we'll get a top notch object pack for 'Nam island creators. smile_o.gif Very nice work! Can't wait for it. smile_o.gif Any layout pics of the SF base that you're working on? wink_o.gif

Thanks dude.  I'll probably just have the objects avaliable in binarized format for WrpTool.  On the subject of the base, I'll upload some pics of the base later on today... although  I'm sure that some people will be able to come up with some more creative layouts than I!

yay!! great work! it's really awsome yay.gif

keep it up smile_o.gif

yay!! great work! it's really awsome  yay.gif

keep it up smile_o.gif

thanks man. smile_o.gif

heres a quick pic of the officers desk in the TOC bunker

tocsmokes5cn.th.jpg

and a pic of an after action report sitting on officers desk now..

aar1tp.th.jpg

the infamous c-ration

cration11kq.th.jpg

nco3no.th.jpg

yeah! i don't have a words to name that!

notworthy.gif

yeah! i don't have a words to name that!

notworthy.gif

Thanks again Loony, your constant words of encouragement feed the fires of motivation. hahahaha

Personally, I don't like vietnam nonono.gifconfused_o.gif, but look this bunkers more and more larger desire on these climates smile_o.gif. Excellent addon Sgt Anderson. thumbs.gificon_salut.gif

Looks great notworthy.gif

Can't wait gfor release of the Pack and your Tuc Song Island

Keep it up

Imutep wink_o.gif

Each picture makes this island look better and better inlove.gif

Thanks dude. I'll probably just have the objects avaliable in binarized format for WrpTool. On the subject of the base, I'll upload some pics of the base later on today... although I'm sure that some people will be able to come up with some more creative layouts than I!

Does that mean no objects in the editor? Please, no! I want to create my own bases using the editor and these bunkers!

Thanks dude.  I'll probably just have the objects avaliable in binarized format for WrpTool.  On the subject of the base, I'll upload some pics of the base later on today... although  I'm sure that some people will be able to come up with some more creative layouts than I!

Does that mean no objects in the editor? Please, no! I want to create my own bases using the editor and these bunkers!

ok, i'll send it out cfg'd for mission then, cause there are certain advantages to having them in editor i guess:) However, I wouldn't really recommend building bases in editor at all.  Just placing objects in editor severely effects performance in-game as apposed to designing your base layout in WrpTool.  some of the stuctures have rather high point/face counts right now so me thinks it will get chuggy if ya build yer base in-game matey.

Question:  Would people prefer preassembled, "lived in" bunkers with objects (beds and such) , or empty bunkers with all of the bunker accessories simply avaliable in the editor or WrpTool for the mission/map maker to use?

I say pre-lived in ones. Adds for effect and saves time with editing. Or howabout one of both? smile_o.gif

I say pre-lived in ones. Adds for effect and saves time with editing. Or howabout one of both?  smile_o.gif

Sounds, interesting! Good suggestion, I'll have the regular pre-lived-in ones and then I'll just include a few empty sizes of bunker so that the mission maker can have more free reign over his base design.

That sounds like the best way smile_o.gif Eagerly awaiting this one thumbs-up.gif

Heres a pic of the general infantry living quarters in progress.  Gonna add some posters and other crap

barrack5ti.th.jpg

nco living quarters - variant 2

nco26le.th.jpg

Looking very good dude! thumbs-up.gif

For the other crap could we possibly have some dirty boots laying around or some spare equipment about the place smile_o.gif If you've got that in mind already even better! yay.gif

You need pin-up posters on the walls. Lots of them. biggrin_o.gif

rodger dodger biggrin_o.gif

Was wondering if people will be able to live with no village objects in the public beta? If not, it'll be a while more before public beta comes out... I mean, people could just use another mod's vietnam huts for missions and bear with me until v1.0 final:)?

Yes, most likely we could live sometime with the many vietnamese huts we already have. At least I could.

One big reason why I want the objects availabe in editor is that it makes making indoors cutscenes easier (put em on flat surface instead of on hills etc) and sometimes I just want that one object in, say, Ia Drang.

But yeah, keep up the good work! Any more pics of the VC/NVA bunkers though, that's something I'll love to go n' clear.