Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

Do you need some palms with coconuts for your Plant pack? I do still have some beta's I got from a frind for my mindanao island.

Do you need some palms with coconuts for your Plant pack? I do still have some beta's I got from a frind for my mindanao island.

thanks but im actually in the process of finishing some.

yeah! it's really impressive! Great job notworthy.gif

Damn, if this island would be a chick I'd hit that. If you were a chick and the island would be a chick then we'd have ourselves a threesome.

help.gif  ahem, um... thankyou I think? biggrin_o.gif

Here's some more screenshots of the U.S. base in the region of TucSong.  I've decided that the Echelon will now be a meager outpost, occupied by an SOG group, totally isolated from other forces with the exception of the occaisional fixed wing asset or rotary wing asset over head...  

Please bear with me as I know I said I'd release a public beta a week and a bit ago, but theres a few things that I think should be added before the beta goes out.  Thanks for your patience.

*PICTURES NO LONGER HOSTED*

he looks incredible! grass, bushes, plants everything is a genius! new objects are also splendid! I cannot wait until wink_o.gif

2 screenshots of the U.S. outpost in the TucSong region as dev wraps up.

*PICTURES NO LONGER HOSTED*

Daniel @ June 21 2006,18:46)]That looks so atmospheric. Spot on.  thumbs-up.gif

Thanks alot man.  I hope enough people take interest in this.  I wanna organize a big game online when the public beta is released soon.  If I get enough interest in the project/mp organized game, I'm gonna do a couple of mp missions for TucSong ranging from BF2 control point style missions to strategic co-op operations.

mmm.... very very nice! i dont have words smile_o.gif

mmm.... very very nice! i dont have words smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif Heres a pic of the A.O. map (WIP) located in the soon to be completed TOC bunker breifing room.

*PICTURE NO LONGER HOSTED*

Sgt Anderson, Tuc Song Island looks very nice, but I've got a question: When will have u done it?

BTW: AO Map's link doesn't work.

I don't think he wants to give release dates, it's practically impossible to measure when you have something that you do in your freetime done. And I think it's fine, they do it for free and use their own sparetime for it, greedy, greasy bastards like me get our hands in them when they're done and we don't need more accurate release dates.

Map looks great.

how big (MegaBites) will be island ?

As far as file sizes are concerned so far...

->TucSong.pbo 25mb

->TucSongObjects.pbo 23mb

Heres the a.o. map..

aomap2xf.th.jpg

Use ImageShack.

I hope that 48Mbs is the actual size of the stuff and not like "And oh, it requires VTE because I like one of their bushes". Nothing against VTE of course, just that 400Mb is way too much for my HD space. (or my C drive actually where my OFP is installed, if OFP would support loading the addons from another disk I'd propably have much more of the new big mods, but with the current situation even installing Unsung made me cry and smile at the same time)

Use ImageShack.

I hope that 48Mbs is the actual size of the stuff and not like "And oh, it requires VTE because I like one of their bushes". Nothing against VTE of course, just that 400Mb is way too much for my HD space. (or my C drive actually where my OFP is installed, if OFP would support loading the addons from another disk I'd propably have much more of the new big mods, but with the current situation even installing Unsung made me cry and smile at the same time)

Tuc Song is 100% self-sufficient not relying on any Mod, and thanks for the ImageShack link!!!

Here are a few more screens of the TOC bunker.  Other bunkers being finished up are a communications bunker, and 2 empty bunkers suitable for living quarters.

toc29jx.th.jpg

toc36fs.th.jpg

toc19hp.th.jpg

Looks great! But will it be possible to have different division insignia at the doors, perhaps with setTexture?

more maps on walls ;]

make new chairs, tables etc.

Looks great! But will it be possible to have different division insignia at the doors, perhaps with setTexture?

Now that would be cool.  If anyone wants to help me set it up, I'll do it..  The only thing is, can you do setTexture with WrpTools placed objects, I know I could do it in mission editor in the init line...  Im not much of a scripter.

more maps on walls ;] make new chairs, tables etc.?

Sure thing! Gotta figure out what kind of lighting system to rig up for the base as well... laterns or lights?

Guest Ti0n3r

I don't have anything better to say than; This looks pretty damn nice smile_o.gif

I don't have anything better to say than; This looks pretty damn nice smile_o.gif

well thankyou very much! biggrin_o.gif

Heres some pics of the TOC bunker.  Need to make an officers desk, a binder and a pen and paper etc but thats about it I think.  

Last things left to do:

-furnish living quarters

-furnish comm. bunker

-finish barbed wire fence around base

Then Im gonna release the beta yay.gif

toc15jw.th.jpg

toc21xq.th.jpg

Gotta figure out what kind of lighting system to rig up for the base as well... laterns or lights?

Keep lightning to minimal in the base. SF bases didn't have much lightning outside near the wires especially, since it compromised the bunkers and other positions to possible enemy spotters and snipers. If lightning was available, they were provided by a generator, later by two larger generators to provide lightning inside buildings, but very very rarely was there any lightning outside. Better be in the dark than in the sights of an NVA sniper. wink_o.gif If you need other information on SF camps, let me know. smile_o.gif