Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL OFP to ArmA

Guest RKSL-Rock
thx for the reply, one last thing about the "snap-to-horizontal" thing, it is ok for me, but seeing it stop insteadly from 100 to 0 is still kind of wired, is that anything link to the air speed? it would look nice if the air speed could be lower to, say, 50?

It doesn’t stop instantly if you look properly.  The real harrier goes for 150kts to 0 in 3 seconds on full throttle @100Degrees.  The scripts simulate that if you watch the speed carefully you’ll see I am using the airbrake right up to changing to 100 nozzle and I go into 100 nozzle at about 200kph slowing the plane.   To change the scripts to would also render the system not only inaccurate but mean the breaking transition to a hover almost impossible to control accurately.

OK, I'm gonna do the Ugly American thing and ask if there are any plans to make an AV8B with it? whistle.gif

No.

Its been asked almost everyday since we started modelling the Harrier.  I have no plans to make an AV-8A/B or Harrier Plus and no interest.  There are 2 other mods out there that are making USMC Harriers I see no need to make another.  I’ve explained why several times in the past too.

Sorry if this sounds a bit shirty but if you are the same person that been emailing me everyday for the last month you'll know why.  sad_o.gif

thx for the reply, one last thing about the "snap-to-horizontal" thing, it is ok for me, but seeing it stop insteadly from 100 to 0 is still kind of wired, is that anything link to the air speed? it would look nice if the air speed could be lower to, say, 50?

It doesn’t stop instantly if you look properly. The real harrier goes for 150kts to 0 in 3 seconds on full throttle @100Degrees. The scripts simulate that if you watch the speed carefully you’ll see I am using the airbrake right up to changing to 100 nozzle and I go into 100 nozzle at about 200kph slowing the plane. To change the scripts to would also render the system not only inaccurate but mean the breaking transition to a hover almost impossible to control accurately.

OK, I'm gonna do the Ugly American thing and ask if there are any plans to make an AV8B with it? whistle.gif

No.

Its been asked almost everyday since we started modelling the Harrier. I have no plans to make an AV-8A/B or Harrier Plus and no interest. There are 2 other mods out there that are making USMC Harriers I see no need to make another. I’ve explained why several times in the past too.

Sorry if this sounds a bit shirty but if you are the same person that been emailing me everyday for the last month you'll know why. sad_o.gif

If you would like switch the modes (75/100) very quickly would you be able to make it look less like its stopping instantly...???

So not using 100 nozzle from 200 speed but first slow down to allmost stalling...?

And also whats the stall speed for the harrier? The system is great anyway, just some small details...

And another small question, you did link the buttons to change the nozzles to the keyboard right? So I would be able to use extra buttons on my joystick, because Im definatly using the joystick for this bird.

heya RockofSL, dont suppose you could answer my question from page 10?

bootneckofficer

Guest RKSL-Rock
heya RockofSL, dont suppose you could answer my question from page 10?

bootneckofficer

Hey, sorry I missed your question when I replied!

heya   just wondering if u had any plans to make pilots for all these wonderful creations of urs?

Well im absolutely crap at Avatars/Units so I doubt I’ll be making any.  I am trying to convince UKF to expand their Infantry pack to include Aircrew though.

p.s brilliant vid by the way   can u be my pilot when i next go on holiday? biggrin_o.gif

Well if you have a spare Å30k for me to get my CPL and ATPL licenses etc then yeah I’ll happily fly for you :P

Unfortunately I’ve not flown enough hours to keep my PPL current this last year so no short hops in the Cessna either sad_o.gif

If you would like switch the modes (75/100) very quickly would you be able to make it look less like its stopping instantly...???

So not using 100 nozzle from 200 speed but first slow down to allmost stalling...?

I was trying to stop in the #5 position on the Invincible’s deck so used as much breaking thrust as I could…If you slow down more it would perhaps appear smoother, but isn’t any more or less realistic.

And also whats the stall speed for the harrier? The system is great anyway, just some small details...

0 Nozzle = 135kph

35 Nozzle = 105kph

50 Nozzle = 85kph

75 Nozzle = 70kph

90 Nozzle = N/R

100 Nozzle = N/R

And another small question, you did link the buttons to change the nozzles to the keyboard right? So I would be able to use extra buttons on my joystick, because Im definatly using the joystick for this bird.

Everything apart from the Water and HUD options are key mapped.  I should also confirm that it DOES NOT use any other programs or addons to do that.  So nothing like FWATCH or its like,

Quote[/b] ]I am trying to convince UKF to expand their Infantry pack to include Aircrew though.

ooo now that would be even more impressive!notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Well if you have a spare Å30k for me to get my CPL and ATPL licenses etc then yeah I’ll happily fly for you :P

Unfortunately I’ve not flown enough hours to keep my PPL current this last year so no short hops in the Cessna either sad_o.gif

To be honest ive looked down the back of the sofa and i cant find 30k but maybe if i win the lottery tounge2.gif

thanks

bootneckofficer

Well im absolutely crap at Avatars/Units so I doubt I’ll be making any. I am trying to convince UKF to expand their Infantry pack to include Aircrew though.

no convincing required wink_o.gif

seeing as i've had the great pleasure and privelage of jollying around in rockapes/unn's stunning little toy, Its hard to say no tounge2.gif - and also seeing as rock spent the day helping me getting my pc working again, I think I owe him icon_rolleyes.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Coming Soon: RKSL Test Island #1</span>

As promised we are going to release Test Island #1 (TI-1) and is supporting objects pack this coming week.  

PR-RKSL_TI1_1_th.jpg

(Click the image for a bigger pic)

Before release we need to make clear the this is an ALPHA Release and will not be supported by any member of the RKSL Team.

TI-1 was designed as Flight & Weapons Testing Area.  Incorporating several airbases, bridges, Oil refineries and various other possible targets, the terrain is intended for use with low flying aircraft and SAM and not for Infantry Warfare.  It’s been used extensively to test both the Harrier and Fire Control Addons and well as most of the community made planes and vehicles.  As such its content has changed and evolved over time.  Some areas have been developed, others are just empty or incomplete.

This is not a finished product by anyone's imagination. This pack represents part of the salvaged files from the 'Great RKSL Server Suicide' earlier this year and contains quite a few older models from dates varying from 2+ years ago to the last few weeks. The quality isn’t great on some so don't expect every object to be finished. Some aren't much more than place holders, others are abandoned projects.  We're releasing the island now as an "open resource" to the OFP community.  Anyone may take objects form this pack to use in their own projects providing a credit is given to RKSL for the base models etc.

Expected Release Date: 14-15 August 2006

This is a dream come true! An aviation-orientated island! I love the sound of its features, plus those pictures just confirm how awesome this is gonna be thumbs-up.gif

Now that is Fkn funny... I wanted to ask you about this island. And clicked the discussion topic. And then this topic and I scroll down and crazy_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif OMG Rock you can read minds! wow_o.gif < maybee some small side effects from the server+head situation!

This will be a great island im sure. Finally Finally a REALISTIC airbase! uber great this is! thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
This is a dream come true! An aviation-orientated island! I love the sound of its features, plus those pictures just confirm how awesome this is gonna be  thumbs-up.gif

Dont build this up too much its got its ugly parts. It has been MP tested and it seems to run fairly well on most machines.  It does look rather sparse when you get right down on the ground.

Now that is Fkn funny... I wanted to ask you about this island. And clicked the discussion topic. And then this topic and I scroll down and  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  OMG Rock you can read minds!  wow_o.gif  < maybee some small side effects from the server+head situation!

This will be a great island im sure. Finally Finally a REALISTIC airbase! uber great this is!  thumbs-up.gif

Hopefully this release will mean you stop bugging me about the HAS now tounge2.gif

Just like to say awesome video and thanks to your continuous support for OFP.

Also just like to add i really enjoy reading about your work because your not just dumping addons onto the cvommunity your actually putting them ingame witht here own environment around it ie the SAM system and the fact you have a plan of sorts.

Hopefully this release will mean you stop bugging me about the HAS now tounge2.gif

Yeahhh sure! thumbs-up.gif

From now on I will only bug you about the other 394839 greaat addons that your making! thumbs-up.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

This island will definatly keep me busy for a long time! Ive wanted a realistic airbase for some time now. Cant wait to make it "alive"...

Does the ILS work on this map? >> On some maps the ILS is great you can take awesome pictures, allmost like RL! thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Just like to say awesome video and thanks to your continuous support for OFP.

Thanks so much for saying that.  Both UNN and I appreciate the compliment

Also just like to add i really enjoy reading about your work because your not just dumping addons onto the cvommunity your actually putting them ingame witht here own environment around it ie the SAM system and the fact you have a plan of sorts.

Well we do have a solid goal, and as you say “a plan of sorts†so we’re hoping to do something special with each addon and eventually put them into a greater system.  To explain a bit more…

Take the Harrier.  People have been asking for a good Harrier for a while.  So we thought we’d give it ago.  People have also been complaining about missile spamming and how unrealistic the SAMs are in OFP.  So we thought we’d have a go at Fire Control Systems.  Both The Harrier and the SAM systems are tasked to work against each other.  So we took the next step, we partly integrated them.

The Harrier is going to get shot at by not only the default BIS SAMs but our own SAMs so we added a proper Radar Warning System (RWR).  Now when a BIS missile fires at you when flying a Harrier you get a missile launch light and a warning tone.  When using an RKSL SAM system, the situation changes.  When the Search Radar detects you the NAW light comes on with a tone.  When a SAM Fire Control Radar locks you the SAM light flashes and when it Fires the SAM light goes on permanently while the missile is still tracking.  The same happens with Air to Air missiles and AAA.

Our Search Radars are affected by the earth and terrain, which means you have to take evasive action or use the terrain to hide.  The Fire Control system allows one radar to direct multiple launchers and engage multiple targets from many directions.  Eventually we may even get Anti Radiation Missiles working so the Aircraft can strike back at the SAMs.

This is one small aspect of what we mean when we talk about integrating addons.  We’re designing our addons to interact with each other to give both us and you a greater feeling of realism.  Eventually we hope to be able to not only give you warning systems and flashing lights but also give you the ability to track an enemy using AWACS,  JTIDS/Stand Off Radar and have the AI serve you target information and orders.

Eventually we want to link all the ‘radar’ systems together and have either and AI controller or possibly a Player directing resources and directing fighters.  This means more accuracy and the MP aspects of the game become more realistic with realtime information and updates.  This is our idea and goal.  

The plan is simple, make one addon at a time, get it in game with the best set of features we can.  Then later on, try to integrate them into a single command and communication system to emulate the modern battlefield.

Further on that that we hope to entice other teams to create and equivalent OPFOR using the equivalent systems.

Does the ILS work on this map? >> On some maps the ILS is great you can take awesome pictures, allmost like RL!   thumbs-up.gif

Yeah the ILS works, you approach from the North over the lake and down into a 2.5km runway.  Its been tested with most every community and BIS made addon I could find.

RKSL/DKM C-130 Hercules – News will follow in a separate thread very soon.

Did this thread ever get posted? Ive been wondering what ever happend to this plane. Its a shame that such a beautiful model never got to see the light of day.

Sorry for changing the subject.

Guest RKSL-Rock
RKSL/DKM C-130 Hercules – News will follow in a separate thread very soon.

Did this thread ever get posted?  Ive been wondering what ever happend to this plane.  Its a shame that such a beautiful model never got to see the light of day.

Sorry for changing the subject.

No the thread never did quite appear.

yeah good question, where did the c130 go?  tounge2.gif

anyword from rksl about it?

Well there was a mention about our cargo enabled planes some time ago but it was a bit vague.  The short and simple answer is that the C130 is on hold.  As is the IL-76 and C-17.

We had reduced the priority of all the cargo planes until we could develop a working cargo system.  One that preferably allowed us to carry the widest range of vehicles and cargo without any MP issues etc.   Unfortunately we’ve not been able to develop our plans very much because we are still focused on the Harrier and the Fire Control enabled Rapier systems.

Even without the scripts there is still some work to be done to get the Hercy models and textures up to scratch so I wouldn’t expect to see an OFP release assuming ArmA will be out in Nov/December.

As for the 3-4 requests/demands to “hand over†the model to other teams the simple answer is “NOâ€.  We will include it in our ArmA projects but until then you’re going to have to wait.  We’re sorry if anyone is disappointed but we simply don’t have the resources to develop 3 or more projects in parallel.

Thanks for understanding.

Any news on the other project?

I would like to see the rapier and firecontrol stuff working... Like step by step, enemy aircraft aproaches, radar picks it up, plane comes in range, rapiers are targeted, and eventually fired... I think that is also a really cool addon. And offcourse the harrier and its brand new weapon package would be cool to see.

Maybee you could do a layout pic with the harrier in the background and then all the different weapons nicely placed in front of it, as you see often on airshows...

Keep up the good work dude! thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any news on the other project?

I would like to see the rapier and firecontrol stuff working... Like step by step, enemy aircraft aproaches, radar picks it up, plane comes in range, rapiers are targeted, and eventually fired... I think that is also a really cool addon.

UNN is just in the process of debugging some problems in MP use and streamlining the code to reduce the server loads.  Once that is complete and I finish the basic texture mapping I’ll publish a short demo film of both the FC enabled FSC and FSB Rapiers

And offcourse the harrier and its brand new weapon package would be cool to see.

Maybee you could do a layout pic with the harrier in the background and then all the different weapons nicely placed in front of it, as you see often on airshows...

Keep up the good work dude!  thumbs-up.gif

I seriously doubt I’ll have the time to do anything like airshow weapons displays.  Im trying to get all the main stuff done before trying anything ‘fancy’ without adding to the workload with things that don’t add to the project.

Maybe something for the release but right now I just don’t see it as being worth the effort.

thx for the reply RockofSL

You're welcome