Sign in to follow this  

Whats your FPS like?

Just wondering what my FPS compares to more recent computers, i have over a 5-6 year old computer.

My average FPS on desert island with just me is about 80.

When i move onto Everon and have a small fire fight about 2 squads or infatry either side i drop to about 10-15fps.

When i move to a heavy firefight about 4 squads of infantry either side with a few BMP's i got down to about 5-10fps. Any more squads or armour in a mission i get lower then 5.

So whats your fps like in those situations.

I tested with DXDLL without water reflection, modulsky's, WGL replacement textures no other effect packs.

Anyway how does my FPS compare to new computers?

Hmm....i probably average 130fps on my own, and it goes no lower than 25fps unless i stick more than 20 squads.

This is with a Geforce FX 5700 256mb Card, 512 Ram 2ghz AMD Sempron. But i have a view distance of 1500, Landscape detail low.

Mine isn't exactly new (Probobaly 4 years old now, not sure), but it's been upgraded a few times..

2.8GHz P4, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9550

On the desert island, I get around 60-70FPS normaly (Stopping at the refresh rate of 75 I think)

On "normal" missions, I can get anywhere from 10 to 40 FPS.. Varies a lot, depending on how many units/vehicles (And what units/vehicles), how close they are, how much their firing, if stuff is exploding etc etc..

Last thing I can accruatly describe, Ocean Island docks, 4 squads (Of the Russian version of the SUCH MArines, whatever their called..), 3 or 4 BMPs (Y2K3 mod's default ones), a cessna, and two HYK US Soldiers.. Got around 25 fps, increasing the more enemies killed..

The biggest change I've seen is going from a Geforce FX5600 to the Radeon 9550, post processing doesn't slow the menus/game down nearly as much as it did (To the point where I only disable it if theres lots of enemies around)

Oh, all these FPS are from multiplayer in serve/play.. The FPS are lower than a friends slightly-lower spec'd PC, which will be because of the extra processing hosting has to be done.. I really need to set the OFP dedi-server up on a space PC or my laptop.. hmmm

- Ben

And mine average FPS on Desert Island is 40.

I I have a small fight on Drago Island with one BMP on each side I have about 25 fps in average.If battle is in heavily vegetated wood it drops to 15.

My options are-800 metres view distance,-3.000 LOD BIAS,DXDLL used on all it's power (exept the water-1024*1024,10* bump,but 41 m. distance),FFUR light enchancements,16* AA and High Quality option in driver.

My system-AMD 64 3800+,2 Gb RAM dual channel Kingston,one (oh my God,why not SLI?I'm loser...) 7900 GT +diffirent enchancements programs like CoC Clever Cache and various Windows Tweakers.I know it's not hte most powerful pc in the world,but good graphics (yes,in my opinion OFP on my PC have good quality modern graphic for it's large areas)-not bad computer.   tounge2.gif

Yes forgot to say-Desert island was personally modified to use 2048*2048 sandy textures from Hi-res malden.And islands are all with at least 512*512 textures and Berhoffs vegetation.Units are like privately enchanced Laser's SF series with Llauma heads and 1024*1024 textures.

2000m viewdistance, normal terrain detail, everything else to full - rarely drops below 20 unless I'm using UWar grass like the nutcase I am. And this is with EVERY good Russian and US addon you can imagine, with ECP enabled, and the best skies, islands, etc etc etc. I love my computer.

Compy specs as below. inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]2000m viewdistance, normal terrain detail, everything else to full - rarely drops below 20 unless I'm using UWar grass like the nutcase I am. And this is with EVERY good Russian and US addon you can imagine, with ECP enabled, and the best skies, islands, etc etc etc. I love my computer.

WOW i could never run close to that with my comp. with ECP (DMA Army config) and all my other things i have enabled. I get even less then 5fps on high numbered missions.

Cant wait till i get my new computer. Playing with really low FPS cant be good for my eyes can it? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2000m viewdistance, normal terrain detail, everything else to full - rarely drops below 20 unless I'm using UWar grass like the nutcase I am. And this is with EVERY good Russian and US addon you can imagine, with ECP enabled, and the best skies, islands, etc etc etc. I love my computer.

WOW i could never run close to that with my comp. with ECP (DMA Army config) and all my other things i have enabled. I get even less then 5fps on high numbered missions.

Cant wait till i get my new computer. Playing with really low FPS cant be good for my eyes can it? confused_o.gif

The DMA "Naval" config should do a very lot better in the framerate department than the "Army" config.

Laser and RHS soldiers used in the "Army" pack have easily 2 times (and sometime 3 times) the amount of faces Suchey&Earl units (used in the "Naval" pack) have in the 3 first distance LODs.

Hmm....i probably average 130fps on my own, and it goes no lower than 25fps unless i stick more than 20 squads.

This is with a Geforce FX 5700 256mb Card, 512 Ram 2ghz AMD Sempron. But i have a view distance of 1500, Landscape detail low.

man not even my friends 7800GT can play like that.... it plays like the first post...

i have a 5200 sad_o.gif

Thanks for your tip sanctuary, im willing to use that pack though cause performance means more to me then looks even if i do prefer the looks of the Army pack.

But thanks for that. Cant wait for my new comp sounds like ill be able to play ofp very well.

Planning on getting.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800

1GB Corsair value RAM

Geforce 6600 GT 256MB AGP

Asrock dual Sata PCIE and AGP Mobo

What do you think my framerates will be like?

Geforce 6600 GT 256MB AGP

Spend a few bucks more and you'll get much better card like 6800GS for example wink_o.gif.

Yeah,spend a bit more and you'll get 7900 GTX. tounge2.gif

Like I did already. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Geforce 6600 GT 256MB AGP

Oh yeah thats already bought got it a bit ago for my system at the moment putting it in my new one cause i havent got my money's worth yet, then when i do ill buy a PCIE board the explains why i got an AGP and PCIE mobo

Edit - Oh and sanctuary took your advice and installed DMA Naval pack instead and ive noticed a big improvement and i dont get a missing texture of the M203 like in the Army pack.

My computer is 1-2 years old, it has a radeon 9800 pro and 1GB or RAM with a 2.6 ghz pentium 4 processor.

I get around 60fps around desert island.

During combat with the ecp mod, FPS can get as low as 10. On average in combat I have around 25.

However, this is with minimal settings. My viewdistance is set to 500. My terrain detail is "Very Low."

Interesting how people's framerates are better than mine but their configuration isn't as good as mine... huh.gif

My computer is 1-2 years old, it has a radeon 9800 pro and 1GB or RAM with a 2.6 ghz pentium 4 processor.

I get around 60fps around desert island.

During combat with the ecp mod, FPS can get as low as 10. On average in combat I have around 25.

However, this is with minimal settings. My viewdistance is set to 500. My terrain detail is "Very Low."

Interesting how people's framerates are better than mine but their configuration isn't as good as mine... huh.gif

Shove the settings up more.. You'll be surprised how little effect on frame-rate they have.. I was trying to get a mission to run at more than 10fps, so I put the terrain detail to very low (from low or normal), the viewdistance down to 500 (from about 2000), the detail sliders down etc.. Nearly no different, so I shoved them back up icon_rolleyes.gif

OFP is really limited by the CPU (Unlike "modern" games whos lag is caused by trying to shove to many pretty colours out at once), and theres no really any settings to adjust CPU usage..

To prove that to myself, I set the settings as low as possible (300x220 screen res, etc....), and (amazingly managed to) start the Battlefields mission, and I gained, erm, about 5 FPS...

- Ben

i found a really big framrate killer for me having trileaner textures on in DXDLL i took them off didnt notice a difference visual wise but my frame rates improved by about 5fps. I also have reflected water turned off cause of my gfx cards it seems to kill the fps with this card Geforce 6600 AGP.

As far as DXDLL goes, turning off water reflections for anything else than taking pretty pictures/movies is a good idea. The water reflections will chop your FPS in half. I'm not exagerating! I've compared this a few times, and that's how much you'll lose. It doesn't matter at all if you can see the water or not.

Summery: Constant -30 FPS hit for which you gain nothing 50% of the time = not worth it. Not by a long shot.

Turning post processing on and off with DXDLL makes about 10 fps of difference to my PC. Going to check my DXDLL setup (its useful to run if for nothing more than the screenshots and remove UI options) and see what else i can gain.

I also switched from 1024x762 32bit to 1024x762 16bit. I noticed no difference in visual quality, but my game has less tendency to chug along now. Not sure how many FPS this saved but... wink_o.gif

postproccesing doesnt do anything to my FPS but Trileaner and water Reflections chop my FPS into quarters crazy_o.gif

Buy ive turned both features off and my fps is more playable i can actually run a mission which i wouldnt run with Trileaner settings on in normal OFP but can play the same mission the the effects off with ECP and still play it with around 7FPS did get about 3fps without ECP can play the mission with about 10-13fps

I get 60 max. (60 Hz refresh rate?)

Rarely drops below 20. I've got a view distance of 2000m, res. of 1280x1024 32Bit and 4x AA and AF on. I'm also running ECP, Llauma's skies and DXDLL.

My machine - Athlon 3000, Nvidia 6800 256 (LE), 512 MB ram.

It has bad days though, which is really weird!

I get about 20 on Desert Island. I am using this notebook I bought back in 2001. It is has 1GHz, 128MB Ram, 32VM (shared). So yeah, it sucks. I bought this laptop back in 2004 that costed $2100. It was 3.06GHz, 512MB Ram, 64VM (dedicated). After one semester of owning it, my room-mate decided to drop coca-cola on it...there goes that laptop (I never got to enjoy OFP on it). So I am back with this old notebook from 2001. I learned my lesson so I am going to get a desktop soley dedicated to BIS/BIA games/simulations. It will be 3.20GHz Pentium D Dual Core Processor, 4GB DDR2 Ram, 256MB GeForce 6800 (not getting the new 512MB video card yet so I can save money as I can usually upgrade it in the future when it gets cheaper) and Sound Blaster X-Fi.

I am hoping to enjoy current and future BIS/BIA applications with this machine. It was either this or a rugged laptop that could probably only run OFP1 without enjoyment ($3700  crazy_o.gif )

Edit: Current price I have set for this desktop is $2200 (Getting it from Dell, don't like to build my own computers)

1.5Ghz

512 RAM

32mb ATI RADEON 7500

I play with low terrain detail(so no bumping), high textures and medium for everything and 1024x768 resoloution. On battlefields I get 40-60FPS.I do not understand how some high-end PCs can't cope with Operation Flashpoint.

I even play call of duty 2 with 50-60 FPS...