Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Wars Mod Addon Pack Release

I love it, although just wondering what the Brown Bess sights might looks like if they didn't have any.

@ Shinkansen : thank you !

@ odakenshin : maybe...why not...but with help this time i think ! Working alone makes me feel neurasthenic... tounge2.gif

@ Dynamite_cow : no, the stretcher model is the same but the script works a lot better ! And the burying script works very well.

@ Connors : look here for Brown bess pictures

I never cease to be amazed at the continuation and progress of this mod Prof T, some excellent work ol' chap! Keep it up! wink_o.gif

Few pictures :

Another transport wagon (a covered one still exists) :

14twagopenrb3.jpg

And a calash (should get better textures for it...) :

14calashqz3.jpg

et c'est pour quand la sortie!!

when do you plan to release all your work proft ?

plenty of addon is good but now i hope some people will make some mission or campaign

Yes i know that Spad...i'm working slowly on my campaign, which i intended to release with these "environnemental" addons...maybe i should release these addons before... confused_o.gif but in fact it's the campaign that makes me imagine new addons...

Haha the coaches are delightful ProfT, keep up the good work, we may have some models we would like to swap you for use of some of those coaches too wink_o.gif Keep up the good work tho!

Hello everybody : i've decided (and done) to adapt the excellent Nogova island in a Napoleonic style, much more suitable for creating campaigns than more little islands (as my 19century one).

I've replaced every modern style looking things by old styles ones (houses, roads, bridge, bench, fences etc...) using BIS objects, farmland ones, BB woodenbridge and retextured or created ones by me (bench, 12 houses, covered market, fortress wall and tower).

napnog1jr9.jpg

napnog2fd7.jpg

napnog3xu2.jpg

napnog7qq8.jpg

Good looking job so far smile_o.gif Hope we see more soon. keep up your good looking work

Thank you guys. The two airports have been transformed into nothing special, roads and some barns...I'm currently thinking of building a new bridge, in stone and in a napoleonic style.

By the way, i should have named my mod "RHS napoleonic", quite popular at that time, isn't it  nener.gif (6 or 7 topics at the same time...)

Hi Prof,

i must say your mod looks really impressing good. smile_o.gif

I just wanted to provide you a link to a texture site,

where you probably can find lot's of good textures

fitting into your mod perfectly (if you don't already

know it);

Dave Guerra's textures

The textures are for free use as long as you don't make

profit with them.

~S~ CD

Thanks Chris, most of my "houses and objects" textures are done using David Guerra's textures... xmas_o.gif

The new houses look really good inlove.gif

In the same time, will you ?

- replace some textures, paved roads instead of usual OFP roads

- replace sand textures (riverside, desert) by grass textures

- add more/larger cultivated areas

- slightly modify the altitude of some geographical points and reduce the width of the main "river" on the map ?

Modified Malden may also be great as Spanish land  smile_o.gif

A little transport ship to move around and inside the island, a modified and retextured model of the very first napoleonic mod. For more realism, the sail is turning according to the direction of the ship. It can transport 20 soldiers, and works as well as Ofp small ships. According to tide, it can or cannot sail under the bridge.

napship1ca9.jpg

@ SPQR : thank you. Roads have been replaced (only dirt and paved roads now). I'm not sure about sand, as this island is meant to be an island (even if i know that every island does not have sand), but i was thinking that it could be a fictional island near the south of France (names have been replaced by French ones) ; the idea of a campaign would be : in 1814, several French battalions flee on this island after the battle of Toulouse. After 1814 Napoleon's first abdication, these soldiers are demobilized and most of them settle on this island, under British protectorate. Regular British troops and navy are holding harbours and a fortified town, French Royalist troops and governor the main town. Bonapartist activists are holding the North of the island, and are hunted in the North mountains by undisciplined Allied troops (Hanoverian, Nassau or Brunswick troops) and royalists partisans. Then Napoleon comes back from Elbe island, and former battalions are reformed, with a support coming from the continent. Undisciplined troops are replaced by regular ones, and the fight becomes more "conventional".

This kind of story allows skirmishings, convoy attacks etc..., in brief what Ofp was designed for. The island, designed as it is - "European South island" - is then suitable to this kind of scenario. Of course it isn't historically correct, but it remains plausible. What do you think about this ?

Sounds quite good to me. I actually like fictional battles, because it gives the mission designer(s) more options and history buffs less reasons to complain.

That is a sharp looking bridge!

and that Transport looks good too!

nice work ProfT!

Thanks All for that Texture link as well.

An excellent site for textures.

stonewall

Everon, Malden and Kolgujev are fictionnal islands (even if they use real island sealines), so why couldn't a fictionnal island be used for Napoleonic era ? icon_rolleyes.gif

I find your campaign idea really interesting. Nevertheless I would modestly add something. What about :

- being an envoy of Napoleon himself ordred to find demobilized troops,

- organize an army,

- and prepare on the island an insurrection against the current governor,

In order to prepare the return of our mighty Emperor in France, taking in (recueillir) the Emperor himself after he fled Elbe island, just before sailing to France for the last 100 Days ? wink_o.gif