Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Wars Mod Addon Pack Release

Quote[/b] ]artillery limbers with deploy and re pack artillery scripts

Very cool

It sound good new addons, coming out. But, keeping with the realism of these new addons are you going to includes; DOMINIQUE-JEAN LARREY_ Ambulance Volante (Flying ambulance) and I research campsite of Napoleon and discovered that the enlist camp in BIVOUACS (Bushes, Blanket or what ever for cover, with feets toward camp fire).

As for the wagon will the AI be able to board it?

And, the medical is kind of cruel, but I still prefer a addon

showing it (hospital area).

looking forward !

Yes, AI will be able to board vehicles, and to deploy or repack artillery.

I'm currently working on an ambulance system based on the transport wagon, not healing but picking up wounded immobilized by my "medicshout" script and bringing them to a given place, at the end of the battle.

Wounded carted off to a casulty collection point would be great to see.

@ Sixy : in this mod, Baker riffle isn't more accurate, but its maximum range is twice higher than 1777 Musket. Maybe accuracy should have been higher, but it's quite powerfull already. And lowering 1777 accuracy reduces fun (prob that occured with first Cwmod release). But you're right, i should have reduced dispersion coeff and increased init speed. Anyway, troops using baker are globaly better than line troops (better camouflage, better ability to spot targets).

Any chance you could remove the sword bayonet from the baker rifle as I have it from a good resource that it was rarely fitted?

Baker Rifle

Could you also make a nock volley gun to equip the sergeants?

nock volley gun

I think you can see where I am going with this…

chosenmen_lge.jpg

Can you also tell me how to get a group to go prone on order (not everyone), as I would like the 95th to be able to use cover.

they are in Setpos "up" mode, set them to "Down" or "Auto", the nock gun is far to rare for practical use wink_o.gif

I have tried

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setunitpos "AUTO"

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{setunitpos _x "AUTO"} ForEach Units Group This

and it does not work?

Quote[/b] ]the nock gun is far to rare for practical use

Shame sad_o.gif

Hi, all I have a new reference source and it a book.

The book is name TACTICS AND THE EXPERIENCE OF BATTLE IN THE AGE OF NAPOLEON, this book is suppose to give insight into line combat.  It uses diaries and memoire,

to improve insight about that age.  It author is RORY MUIR.

If it is good, I hope to let you know what type of sounds file would be approiate.

Hi, did you know that women serve with Napoleon?  Did, you know they serve in three classes?

The answer is YES, they serve in the CANTINIERE, VIVANDIERE AND BLANCHISSEVESE.

The Cantiniere, was originally a woman authorized by the civilian authorities to prepare and serve food for the Non-Commissioned Officers (they also sold merchadise).

Vivandiere, were charged with the distribution of essential and non-essential food stuffs to the other Ranks on campaign.

BLANCHISSEVESE, these were the washerwomen.

The clothing were the ordinary except for the present of

military coat or whatever military ornament.

I though you might wants this for a STATIC DISPLAY reasoning.

If anyone wants to know how many per military group let me know.

Another, issue is it possible to keep the OPEN FIRE, mode from

being the OPEN FIRE AND ENGAGED MODE?  I usually use the

open fire mode but the unit usually engaged.

The open fire and engaged mode should be used at real close

range in this mod.

One more issue will you be making a horse artillery that is mobile instead of static?

@ Nicolq Craig : movable artillery will be horse artillery.

I'm working on the campaign, 9 missions already done, using civilians, artillery limber and caisson, wagons, camp stuff etc..., so i'll release the campaign and the new stuff together (the campaign may have something like 30 missions, so it won't be released so soon). I've created animated doors to put in the 19century island's fortress. I've reworked the line script and it works very better (more natural + no lag).

As i'm not good at making weapons, i asked a few times ago Jdb from House Divided about some of them (brown bess and pistol), but it seems that he is very busy with his mod, which I understand.

About baker with no bayonet, i've added a bayonet to it to fit with every light west unit (austrians, prussians etc...). But i can always release a baker with no bayonet that you'll use with 95th soldiers + a script to "rearm them". (that's easy).

A few pictures :

camp stuff :

14campgb0.jpg

French caisson and limber with canon attached :

14fracaisir5.jpg

British limber with canon attached and deployed :

14britcaisvq6.jpg

Russians, Austrians, Prussians do also have limbers and caissons. Player can attach and deploy through action menu, AI can attach and deploy just by changing combatmode of the unit (red=deployed;blue=attached).

Awesome work dude! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

It's good to see that some progress with this mod has been made.

Can you tell me some info about the civilians in napoleonic mod?

Will there be some farmers? womens? townfolks ,etc?

From left to right : industry worker, woodcutter, countryman and various townfolks ; in the rear, transport waggon, horse supply waggon (already released, able to "refuel" horses) and supply waggon. No women at the moment. They are available unarmed (civil side) and armed with sword, spears, forks and throwable stones for west and east sides.

14civilxn4.jpg

Quote[/b] ]This is looking very good, the civilians could be used as pirates very well.

Of course  tounge2.gif

Amazing ! tounge2.gif

Nice citizens u have there...

Are you going to release those as a new pack or as a mod?

I think the mod would be cool. Theres so many napoleonic packs out there right now..

@ snuffy : there's only two packs released for my new version of Napoleonic mod, and yes it's a mod with its own config :

Release 1 : january 2006 : First pack (1805-1812 era) + mod config

Release 2 : april 2006 : Second pack (1812-1815 era)

The next pack will be released as an addon of the two releases linked above, with civilians, waggons, camp stuff, stretcher, movable artillery, and a campaign (France 1814) showing what you can do with Ofp and 19th century way of fighting (through scripts like units walking to battle in line formation and with weapon on the shoulder, defence scripts with units staying where they are and kneeling after each shots, screaming woundeds immobilized, woundeds evac with a stretcher, burying deads at the end of the battle, squares fights against cavalry etc...)

Some update of the upcoming campaign and objects : all pictures are from ingame missions, not cutscenes...

Hanging of Royalist partisans, with a working gallows (vehicle with only one cargo position, that killed the cargo) :

cof1zl5.jpg

Bury script, for saving FPS and realism : civilians are burying every dead soldiers on the battlefield :

cof2gr0.jpg

A working stretcher, picking up woundeds immobilized by my wounded script :

cof3is1.jpg

any chance that you'll continue this mod into Armed Assault? I'd love to see next gen FPS napoleanic combat!

Seems very good indeed! Actually, that burying script is something I've wanted for ages, I hate to have dead friendlies lying around when I've captured a position.

Is the stretcher script the same as CWMOD?