Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Wars Mod Addon Pack Release

@ProfTournesol

About the lag, have you tried without the rifle reloading animation ?

Will the next update be about updating units for the previous basic pack : artillery, flags, musical instruments with uipictures,...

The 19th Century is far better done, and even with BIs basic buidlings, the atmosphere is really well done inlove.gif

However, it is a bit empty, I mean, farm animals are already available (cow, mule, rabbit, dog, chicken, rooster, duck) and inside my Napoleon mod folder, but urban civilians and farmers are missing notworthy.gif

@ POPKA

Tried your first mission. Great idea, works fine (no CTD or whatever, destruction of the cannons works fine) excepting that all objectives are completing themselves without real action from me.

In the Napoleonic era, cannons were not destroyed but they were "sabotaged" with nailing the hole the gunner put fire in too shoot the gun wink_o.gif

With civilians, spanish and portuguese troops and iberic guerrillos, the atmosphere will be great yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]In the Napoleonic era, cannons were not destroyed but they were "sabotaged" with nailing the hole the gunner put fire in too shoot the gun wink_o.gif

I thought of that but then thought it would look much better for an outro if I had them blowing up biggrin_o.gif

@ Spad : merci !!

@ SPQR : merci aussi, and yes, reloading anims are creating lag, but could we do without them ? About updating previous units, it's done for artillery (have a look..."canons (with crew)"), adding flags would be easy (just a config modif and new config groups, as they are weapons), but drums are "secondary weapons" and there's a bug on old units on the proxy secondary weapon, so i would have to re-release all previous units...Adding some civilians wouldn't be very difficult, as some Spanish, Portuguese and French spanish campaign's troops. pistols.gif

@ ProfTournesol

I know where's the bug. Effectively you added as individual units inside the editor "cannon (crew)", putting everyone inside the gun as a single unit.

Last evening, I put units on maps, russians vs frenchs, and I added a great russian batterry putting on the maps artillery units from Group (F2)/West/Napoleon Russian army (artillery)/ Russian line artillery. On the other side I had no problem from french guns.

However the russian crewmen couldn't get inside the gun, constantly jumping in and out.

artillery2iz.jpg

On the left hand side, a russian cannon (crew type) and on the right hand side a russian cannon coming from Group (F2).

Maybe it's just the last lone hidden cannon bug, lost in the huge mass of work already done (alone wow_o.gifnotworthy.gif ) and found by sheer luck.

About the anims, I agree that they bring with much force a real feeling. But, as they don't really worsen things while in skirmishes, in big battle, It may not be helping.

What could be the posibilities/opportunities of having Napoleonic reload anims for skirmishes and more simple anims for battles ?

@ Popka

You're right. Moreover you would have to create special anims for cannon nailing and it woud't have been enough obvious as an objective wink_o.gif

@ SPQR : yes, artillery groups must not be used anymore, but i didn't remove them from the config group of the first release.

ProfTournesol, you wished happy birthday to Triglav, but I also see....

BonAnnif08.gif

Joyeuh Anniversaireuh,

Nos voeux les plus sincÄreuh,

Nanani naninanÄreuh  

BonAnnif04.gif

@ POPKA : nice but short mission, hope to see more soon ! whistle.gif (btw, you didn't "kill" the camera at the end).

@ SPQR : merci beaucoup, i'm getting older but always playing with computer's game ! I'm downloading your music file at the moment, thank you. wink_o.gif

Hi, great mod. Just a quick question on the Baker rifle, it is made in OFP to be more accurate then the musket yes? Not meaning to be a pain, but it doesn't seem that different from a musket in terms of accuracy, or maybe it's just me, could you clarify? thanks

@ Sixy : in this mod, Baker riffle isn't more accurate, but its maximum range is twice higher than 1777 Musket. Maybe accuracy should have been higher, but it's quite powerfull already. And lowering 1777 accuracy reduces fun (prob that occured with first Cwmod release). But you're right, i should have reduced dispersion coeff and increased init speed. Anyway, troops using baker are globaly better than line troops (better camouflage, better ability to spot targets).

Well, if you don't mind, would it be all right if I edit it myself, if you could point me to the pbo file containing the information needed?

@ Sixy : No problemo, you can edit everything you want, the pbo name is "MNdiv1.pbo".

Great mod mate! i was getting tired to those modern war conflicts anyway!

Btw, on those posts u writed earlier u said something about Napoleonic Wars campaign? Does it exist?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways i wish that u will continue ur brilliant work for ArmA.

PS. There should be more missions on the pack. But dont mind about it the fans will come up with something! Great mod . wink_o.gif

Thanks a lot for your support. wink_o.gif

Popka was working on a campaign but i dunno if he's working on it anymore.

I was planning to make one about France's campaign, i've done some civilians on that purpose - it would be the story of a French countryman during 1814 invasion of France -, and the first mission of it...I should work on it again !!!

That sounds cool man.

Are you doing all the work by yourself? the islands and units, etc.?

confused_o.gif

Yes, alone, re using some of Spad's or Gavin's Napoleonic units' gear or models, Civil War mod things, Phlicommando ships, etc... Picking things here and there... whistle.gif

This mod is pretty cool, but definatley has some bugs.

Probably the most annoying one i find is after you shoot your musket, there will be a little blurp of what sounds like the gun wanting to make the gunshot sound again but just cutting it off.

And of course the annoying rowboat noise.

Also i think the reload animations are realistic and all, but they should be speed up a little for playability purposes. I hate it when units get left behind out of a line of men because they saw a enemy and took a shot and are 100m back reloading.Maybe you could make not fire until they are in with a 100 meters of the enemy? Is it also possible to keep units in line with out charging at the enemy and seperating the group

There is also a problem with AI shooting at close quarters, which i find happening alot in this mod. AI should be more accurate at close ranges with their weapons. I hate it when they will pass up a enemy unit 5 feet away and fire at a guy 500m away, or fire at the guy 5 feet away and miss.

Ok, i cannot modify this mod as it can suite every one's desire, so reload anim is in fact an average solution between realism and gameplay. For "act as a group of that era", see missions included with scripts that try, with my poor means, to recreate 1800's feeling inside OFP limitations.

About weapons, ranges of fire (and of AI engagement) are quite historically accurate, considering that minimum rang is 5 meters, so that AI can use (i.e. choose on its own, even if not as often as i would like) bayonet system under 5 meters, but it's true that AI logically prefers firing on farther targets than bayoneting closer ones... And historically again, weapons were in fact VERY inaccurate - 80% miss at least, sometimes clothes stopped bullets !! - and that's why soldiers were mainly firing in groups, to increase their chance to hit something. Under 5 meters, close combat or run away...

I can deal with those bugs, but this Blurp gunshot noise after youve taken a shot is really annoying

Hi, I just tried your Napoleonic War Mod v1.0. It look good, right after I tried I download a lot of Napoleonic era information mainly from this site; http://www.web2.airmail.net/Napoleon/NAPOLEON_FOREVER.html .

I hope that your Napoleonic War Mod Addon Pack, includes camp site materials and the SAFE mode fix (the units kept behaving as it is in an AWARE mode).

Look forward toward anymore addons!

In the web address that I showed NAPOLEON_FOREVER.html has an underscore, the address does not show this.

@ stlk : i'll check that

@ Nicolas Craig : no, there is no camp material, but you can get some with CWmod. The SAFE mode isn't a bug, but the consequence of units beeing "setunitpos "up"" configwise, so that they can use close combat ability - only working in OFP when units are up. It's very easy to get rid of it if you dislike it : put a big trigger covering all your units, activated by anybody, once, with this in the on activation field :

{_x setunitpos "AUTO"} foreach thislist

EXCUSE ME I DID NOT READ THE PART THAT SAY

POSTING HTML IS NOT ALLOWED!

IF ADMINISTRATOR PLEASE ERASE MY HTML

SORRY FOR INCONVIENCE.

Thank if you have corrected my error. About the reference I could have mention, I found it by using AOL search (Napoleon, page 4) it is listed as Napoleon, His Army and Enemies.

I did not find any tents in CWmod, I know pictures show them in building but I prefer to conscentrate on Company and Battalion aspect of Napoleon era.

How do you use medic, when there is no medic?

You have a medicshout.sqs but where is the medic?

What is the appropriate use for medic, repair, rearm--?

Excuse me but according the reference I have mention, the Medic is considered to be a Muscian (drumer, brugler). Although soldiers were not complete healed by him, the injure

drag to Field Hospital (another reason for tents of various type). I cannot heal with my brugler or drumer.

@ Nicolq Craig : the link isn't working, could you post the good one ? You should look closer to CWmod, there are severeral tents, gunstack etc...About medic, medicshout.sqs is only a way to implement woundeds shouting on the battlefield. I've implemeted for CWmod a stretcher and a way to pick up woundeds on the battlefield, but i didn't do it for Napoleonic mod, cause at that time only officers were treated by medical service, most of the time severely wounded soldiers stayed on the battlefield waiting for death...

Finally, as requested, i've made some camp stuff (tent, gunstacks, camp fire, torches, drums on the ground with playcards on it, etc...) and some new vehicles updating old spad's stuffs (artillery limbers with deploy and re pack artillery scripts, artillery caissons, transport waggon, supply waggon).

Pictures will follow soon. whistle.gif