Download (Right click -> SAVE AS...):

WPSoldiers 0.55 - mid-90's infantry

OFPL Extension Pack 1.0 - current day infantry

OFPL Mi-8/17

Required addons:

facestex2.pbo <span style='color:red'>UPDATED 14/04/05 15:24</span>

JAM3 - FIXED6

To sum up the improvements and new additions:

- soldier models were vastly improved, some equipment details were added and I've switched to Llauma 2.0 head model

- brand new or redone weapon models: SWD-N/M, U/PKM-N, Sako-TRG21/22 (several versions), PM-84, RPG-7W/N. Now we have a total of over 50 weapon models here.

- Star 266 track reammo version

- Mi-8/17 several versions, tri-color, NATO olive and Navy paint-schemes, with armament and without. Insertion and extraction scripts thanks to BAS team. smile_o.gif

Mi-8 pic, another Mi-8 pic, yet another one, Mi-17 here

- dozens of other fixes that I can't even remember...

Important note...

Mi-8/17 model is open for anybody to modify and re-relase (on the following terms: no commercial use, you must credit us). If you need MLOD model or psd textures, just PM me. smile_o.gif

Great job on these updates Agent! Just downloaded them, though I cannot play them until later when I get back home.. sad_o.gif

I get following error message when starting OFP:

Addon "WPS_Char" requires addon "custom_head_textures"

But I downloaded the facestex2.pbo and put it in the same folder as the OFPL addons.

What addon am I still missing?

Very nice. I've always been a big fan of OFPL addons. inlove.gif

However, I found an untextured place from the head model.

nose2jn.th.jpg

crazy_o.gif I also keep getting the same error message as King Homer does.

Anyway, nice job! thumbs-up.gif

Very nice models! the texturing work here is just absolutely gorgeous.

Keep it up!

Regards

Thunderbird84

But I downloaded the facestex2.pbo and put it in the same folder as the OFPL addons.

Try to run it with the first version of facetex.pbo.

Amazing job just like usually by the way. It's good to see an update for this mod thumbs-up.gif

Okay, tested it and the face texture seem to work properly.

Indeed it's a really nice addon. I like the quality of the textures and there clear look-a-like.

Just found some minor bugs and glitches:

- The 20 and 30 rounds magazine for the mini-Beryl looks the same

- PK (1996) and PKM (2005) have same magazine box with different ammo capacity (100 rds & 200 rds)?

- PKM & PKM-N have brass colored bullets but the empty shell casings are green

- PM84P muzzleflash has no lighting

- MP5A5 muzzleflash has no lighting

- the MP5 cocking hammer doesn't move while firing in reality

- MP5 and all other small caliber weapons have 5.56mm shell casings

- For completeness: All the weapons have nice and small cool features but the pistols don't, you could add some nice firing effects and animations

- most weapons do not have tracers but the MP5A5 has a bright yellow one, better remove that

That's all I found out until now.

With kind regards

Homer

Try to run it with the first version of facetex.pbo.

Amazing job just like usually by the way. It's good to see an update for this mod thumbs-up.gif

Damn, I know I forgot something...! I forgot to remove reference to the old face pack. sad_o.gif In fact requires the new one, but the config entry is invalid. Sorry, the fix is on its way.

In the meantime, you can open up config.cpp and replace each occurence of custom_head_textures with custom_head_textures_2

In the meantime:

A quickfix for missing nostril and teeth textures.

facestex2.pbo <span style='color:red'>UPDATED 14/04/05 15:24</span>

Quote[/b] ]- The 20 and 30 rounds magazine for the mini-Beryl looks the same

- PK (1996) and PKM (2005) have same magazine box with different ammo capacity (100 rds & 200 rds)?

Yeah, I know, but that would require a whole bunch of modelspecial variants, so I've decided to accept that small inconsequence instead.

Regarding tracers: you can enable built-in custom bn880-based tracers for all weapons -> read OFPL Events readme on how to do it.

I get a CTD when I try to use the Navy Mi17 in the editor  huh.gif

The Mi8s work fine though.

Other than that, this mod is looking great.  thumbs-up.gif

*EDIT* After further testing, it seems to be the map (Lechistan) that is causing the crashes, as the Mi17 works on all other maps i've tried

Just a little niggle, maybe you'd consider using the actual JAM3 G36 Mags for your absolutley perfect g36's it would mean more compat mags for pick up because when you are in the middle of a firefight dead guy with a jam G36 next to you you should be able to grab his mags not have to go and run around like a headless chicken looking for "JAM_W556_30mag" or using a sidearm sad_o.gif

"JAM_W556_G36_30mag"

"JAM_W556_G36_30HDmag"

"JAM_W556_G36_30SDmag"

"JAM_W556_G36_30SDHDmag"

"JAM_W556_G36_30Submag"

"JAM_W556_G36_30SUBHDmag"

Maybe even do what BB is doing to his SCAR and code them for all of the 5.56 mags from JAM

You could also in the future make a version of the '36k with a nightforce NXS or S&B rifle scope, just a thought

Would be wondeful if you could code the JAM G36 mags still great work though smile_o.gif

As of right now, G36 uses the same JAM mags as M4A1. The thing is that our versions of G36 don't have the burst mode. I haven't really thought about your argument, sounds fair enough for me, maybe it will make it into the next releases (if there will be any...). wink_o.gif

okies i still have sgt eversmanns g36's to wait for aswell and yours will be hard to beat they are flawless after testing them for a while i cant fault them apart from the mag thing of course. Keep up the good work and maybe the mag thing could be rectified in a patch at a later time rather than a whole new release wink_o.gif

*edit*

I suppose that you could keep the m4 S,E,A mags as the primary and just make them compat with the G36 ones because then that wouldnt mess  with  the issue of yours not having a burst function huh.gif of course it is entirely up to you mr smith i wouldnt want to annoy an "agent" now would i wink_o.gif

*edit*

I suppose that you could keep the m4 S,E,A mags as the primary and just make them compat with the G36 ones because then that wouldnt mess with the issue of yours not having a burst function

Yup, that's what I'm going to do. Let's wait a day or two and see if anything else to fix comes up. If not, I'll release a config patch. smile_o.gif

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but this might not be advisable.

The problem is this: when the fire modes (single, burst, auto) of a weapon and magazine are different, it can cause CTDs when AI use them.

As your G36 doesn't have a burst mode, but the JAM G36 mags do, you might run into trouble. sad_o.gif

As Polish versions of the G36 seem to use single/auto only, sticking with the current setup seems like the best solution. Actually, the JAM_W556_G36_30mag differs only in sound and fire modes from the JAM_W556_30mag - the crucial muzzle velocity, damage and accuracy values are exactly the same.

Cheers,

CH

Quote[/b] ]Damn, I know I forgot something...! I forgot to remove reference to the old face pack. sad_o.gif In fact requires the new one, but the config entry is invalid. Sorry, the fix is on its way.

In the meantime, you can open up config.cpp and replace each occurence of custom_head_textures with custom_head_textures_2

have you already ,done this ?

i downloaded fom ofpbase and was not fix, i did like you said, if ya want the fixed version to save your time, lemme know ags.if you done already, then no prob , next smile_o.gif

nice addon thanks all concerened.

Well I had no problems, atleast. And opening the .cpp, I think I saw the fixed thing... just used the first link or ofp.info and it is fixed.