Sign in to follow this  
PainDealer

IDEA Games at E3

The new trailer is very awesome indeed, I just pray that BIS fixes the minor bugs mentioned by other forum users, like the animation problems.

Btw: Am I just the only one who is seeing this, or are there really three soldiers sitting in that yellow truck?

I know nothing special about three people in the truck, but if you look at the faces/outfit they don't look like the American soldiers at all!

Maybe the enemy/locals?

Here is the picture:

Picture

yea. i was hoping it was fraps that caused the frame rate :-)

otherhow, yes. it looks amazing :-)

When you see the truck passing by, you can see some soldiers near the gate it's at 0:46. They don't look american and have ak's in their hand.

I see arty at the back of the line-up section... fantastic!!! notworthy.gif

thankyou finally

that place looks huge and that big hill. shit imagine driveing

of that if you made a wrong left turn in your abrams pistols.gif

The city movement looks pretty adequate. I think it would be great to order ai to bunch up a little more, preventing them from getting lost in the close spaces. Well, hopefully BIS already has a good system for making AI spread out in wide open spaces, and to stick together in closer spaces.

i wonder why they wont show us those communists.. ?

After looking at the vid at around 0.46 i think they maybe just be using place holders as the two soldiers don't realy look like they represent any particular force.

I'm not getting to hyped at the movement of the soldiers in any part of the vid because after all it's just a snippet and though it is gameplay footage it looks pretty much like OFP to me. I can't see how that AI movement in the town could lead you to believe it is any better than OFP, or is it just wishfull thinking...

i wonder why they wont show us those communists.. ?

After looking at the vid at around 0.46 i think they maybe just be using place holders as the two soldiers don't realy look like they represent any particular force.

I'm not getting to hyped at the movement of the soldiers in any part of the vid because after all it's just a snippet and though it is gameplay footage it looks pretty much like OFP to me. I can't see how that AI movement in the town could lead you to believe it is any better than OFP, or is it just wishfull thinking...

Wishful thinking on my part pretty much. wink_o.gif

video looks good i wonder if BIS gunna update ground, rocks etc. textures as they look somehow bland and w/o detail ...

i hope the quality will match or beat these "photorealistic" hi-res texture packs done for OFPR already ...

and why the smoke of burning oil rigs looks so strange is that because of video compression ?

hopefully that can be improved too ...

last i want to see is some reviewer comparing ArmAs vs ET:QW and giving ArmAs low score due to low quality textures on terrain and objects....

Okay, here's some more detailed comments.

For the forest scene I measured a frame rate of 8-10 FPS. I hope they're not using FRAPS: what's wrong with encoding the video out?

Lots of flying cameras. These can get irritating after a while.

As a whole, the trailer doesn't strike me as something they spent a lot of time putting together. That's not a criticism; just what I saw.

Oh yeah, and it does look like a M119 in the back right of the line, and some other towed job on the left.

edit: Already been discussed banghead.gif

But i liked the trailer hopefully there will be stack formations so Ai can preform better in CQB.

Just saw it, finally (Im on a Wireless B Router here at home, so downloads stop randomly). It was some good stuff! This game is going to be a blast....imagine the mods...three years from now?!

That Blackhawk is dropping off troops in a pretty tight spot, and seems to climb away more steeply than in OFP. Makes me wonder if the AI's vehicle handling has been improved. Maybe just a fancy bit of scripting for the trailer.

Anyway, impressive, most impressive thumbs-up.gif

Very nice video, particularly the animation of those two soldiers <homersimpsondrool.jpg>

However, some parts were choppy (capture problems?) and given that it has been reported that ArmA is at late Alpha stage in development; I wish that BIS would put a "Work in Progress" watermark on their video and screenshots.

I liked it. I just love the fact that the viewing distance is now like real life, and the cities are big. Anyone want to place a cow in the city and napalm it? nener.gif

At the end when it zooms down the road by all the vehicles and troops you'll notice there are three types of troops shown. First ACU, then once the camera reaches to about the yellow Ural you see desert BDU, finally at the end just before it cuts to the next scene there are some Russian looking troops.

I think the russian looking troops we have seen so far are the South Sahrani soldiers. I think they are keeping the North Sahrani Opfor a surprise.

love the video, always happy to see more of ArmA, especially like the soldier animations, i do have some criticism tho:

the trailer looked quite amateurishly done, parts of it had slowdown, you'd think they could at least pre-render it or get a decent system to run it. the compression of the video was pretty poor, colours were a bit funky in places.

as for the game, i hope they improve those particle effects, they look quite bad (i hope its WIP), i prefer the OFP one tbh.

and the Humvee's didn't render and shadows (its a small thing i know).

i also saw the comment about the funny running animations made in the black hawk scenes, i got a screenshot of it, haha biggrin_o.gif

ArmA.JPG

i don't want to have sounded pessimistic but i have high expectations of ArmA tounge2.gif

keep up the good work BIS

Lol, i hope thats caused by the video compression, otherwise the person who made that anims needs to nlean his monitor wink_o.gif

(Oh, well, most of the anims are nice, im 100% sure that that bug wont be in the final game)

just noticed that in the first scene none of the soldiers have shadows either (but all do later on in the trailer)

so hopefully it was an earlier build.

Quote[/b] ]i also saw the comment about the funny running animations made in the black hawk scenes, i got a screenshot of it, haha

thats wip like the broken fingers... im pretty sure that small "bugs" will be fixed

anyway i like that, its funny smile_o.gif