Sign in to follow this  
DLEM

101 airborne

I don't recall there being a Desert ACU.

Fundamentally the argument thats taken place over the last couple of pages. The "desert units" are apparently wearing different coloured vests/mag pouches etc.

eeuh, dude... The ACU on both models is the same. The "desert version" only means the desert-yellow vest. He was also planning a version with green vest. The ACU on both models is the same AFAIK.

You need glasses, dont you, The Desert ACU Units are tinted twords desert colors instead of ACU colors, Thats what I was saying

Who is the one that needs glasses? You have quite a big mounth for a 16 year old, keep it up. I'm sure it works for you..

Take a look at the following picture and you'll have to conclude that the ACU pattern of both models is exactly the same. They both use the same textures. The only thing that's different is the vest, puuches and drop-leg holster (as you can clearly see). I don't know why you think the desert units have the ACU tinted more towards desert colours, since they are the same as on the woodland model:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....461.jpg

One thing must also be noted; in real-life ACU changes colour depending it's surroudings. In the desert it will look a bit more tan/grey and in the woods it will look a bit more green. In OFP you simply can't simulate this, so you need to find a good balanced colour-setting for the ACU which will fot both woodland and desert. DLEM did a great job on that one and made a good balance.

Some people, I tell you... icon_rolleyes.gif

I know, eh Cameron? icon_rolleyes.gif

Abs

hey Dlem m8 smile_o.gif

as I said nice job smile_o.gif

the light-errors on your model can be fixed quite easy!

Just select everything then press F5 for recalculating normals smile_o.gif

You may have to copy paste the googles and sunglasses due to alpha channel errors with o2 but thats not a big deal! smile_o.gif

I can upload a pic of a modifed guy I made just for fun:)

really great work on the units mate! thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

Sgt_Eversmann

thank you man but about F5 i know, because i modeling 3 years, simply it not always works, even on that model that at you on a sreen

would you like some reference pictures of ACUs... nice job, but the shoulder pocket is way too little, etc.

Wow DLEM, these guys look pretty mint. Best soldier model I've seen for OFP. Hope you will consider coming back and expanding this project. The units are the best out there, love the way the camelbak is done.

To me it has set a new standard. It would be great if this project would be expanded, units with a patrolpack, dust covers on some goggles, helmets with no goggles, medics with backpacks. Ahh... just dreaming away here.

Sorry to bring back a almost dead thread, but I never commented on the units. Personally I think they're great, but could have used some improvement. I went ahead and did my own tweaks to the unit. I gave him a new vest texture, helmet, ACU texture, bladder (on his back), and misc. pouches (though far from done).

Figured I show him here.

newacu9vx.jpg

newacu24um.jpg

newacu38ih.jpg

newacu48rs.jpg

This one shows the comparison of ACU textures.

By no means am I trying to take the spotlight or say your addon isn't fantastic (Which it is), I'm just showing how the OFP community uses their opinions and imagination to stem off of addons to create more diverse ones, and to give you some ideas for later on.

I will give you the large vest texture if you'd like, I also have another that is more of Coyote color.

Very good, but I think you cant will release this, because I did not give to you the sanction

Wilco, I take it the new vest is the Eagle Industries Plate Carrier (w/cumberbund)? Anyhow it looks great, hopefully DLEM will give you permission to either include it in his pack or a separate addition. Either way both yours and the original ones by DLEM are kickass. I don't care if FFUR, NUT and Wildo & Sgt. Evers (if/when he makes his version) have made UCP units. All of your guys' work is very well done. Just before I post I want to make sure this is purely a question a request, but DLEM are you going to make it so your units have sunglasses at random? Again all your work is awesome! smile_o.gif

Very good, but I think you cant will release this, because I did not give to you the sanction

Never said I was mate wink_o.gif

Sorry to bring back a almost dead thread, but I never commented on the units. Personally I think they're great, but could have used some improvement. I went ahead and did my own tweaks to the unit. I gave him a new vest texture, helmet, ACU texture, bladder (on his back), and misc. pouches (though far from done).

Figured I show him here.

[im]http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/6699/newacu9vx.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8402/newacu24um.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3692/newacu38ih.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4955/newacu48rs.jpg[/img]

This one shows the comparison of ACU textures.

By no means am I trying to take the spotlight or say your addon isn't fantastic (Which it is), I'm just showing how the OFP community uses their opinions and imagination to stem off of addons to create more diverse ones, and to give you some ideas for later on.

I will give you the large vest texture if you'd like, I also have another that is more of Coyote color.

Which is your retexture? Because the left side (when viewed from front) of the model is too green. ACU is more grey than green.

As not to create any type of uneeded competition, I have moved my personal project over to the new Multi-Cam.

multicam2te.jpg

Not flaming, but could all people creating their addons and don't have the name DLEM, please get their stuff out of this thread?? This has nothing to do with the current addon and are peronal modifications that can't be released (unless DLEM gives you permission).

So stop jacking this thread! crazy_o.gif

If you want tp create your own modification of these units, than ask permission and start your own thread!