Sign in to follow this  
Jambo17

Massive slowdown

I've started to encouter an unusual problem with Flashy. Basically after a while in whatever i am doing, it could be a big missions, messing around in the editor or even fiddling with my settings, I'll get massive slowdown to the point where I have no FPS (Even in mission editor)

Buttons can't be pressed and the mouse stops responding but Flashy continues but very slow.

2.4 AMD at 2.0

512DDR

9800SE

XP Sp2

-nomap -nosplash?

What addons/mods are you using or running.

Has it always been like this are you using newest drivers if not maybe try installing latest ones.

Your specs are much better than mine but I get super smooth gameplay on high settings. Don't know.

Are you using hi-res sky or island addons? THey eat up a lot!!!

Try-

-Downloading new driver for graphics card(fixes many things)

-Defragmenting(Speeds computer up a lot for me)

-Don't use programs in background(Depends what programs ur using)

-Delete temporary files(Depends how much useless files u have...I had 1 gig)

-Pagefile. It is extremely useful. Your max pagefile should be around 768(1.5 of your RAM). This is because if you have too much(e.g I had 2Gb of pagefile, thinking it would speed up my pc, yet it caused a great loss in fps. So I lowered it to 768 and my performance was great.

Thats all I can think of right now.

I am using ECP and I was using FFUR 2006 (I exepcted my fps to be low on that anyway)

I'm afraid drivers make little difference it would seem, usually worse. I'll try the paging the file however, I have 2 HDD's one very small one and one very large one split into two sectionds

(D:\wink_o.gif and (G:\ - Games where flashy is located) On which Partion should I put my page file?

On windows it says put pagefile on the hd where your system files are NOT located. I have not tried which one is better. Try experimenting to see which is better.

ALso try playing other games. If they lag too then its a problem with your pc if not then its a compatibillity prob with flashpoint.

Some issues that can effect FPS

- Free disk space (you should have AT LEAST 5GB free), more if you have only 512MB as you do.

- 3rd party programs ..... dont rule them out. I used to have similar problems with MSN Messenger. I ALWAYS switch that bloody thing off now before I play.

im experiencing the same problem only after using SEP M1A2 (the latest version) against a couple of ICP-Armours....in short after a tank battle...........same slowdowns even in the mission editor...never happened before..........

hang on just relised ive also had this not sure what was the problem i made some mission on Anjou i got upto 1fps in game and about 8fps in editor but when i changed editor to everon then back to Anjou it would speed up back to normal again.

Maybe an addon issue?

hang on just relised ive also had this not sure what was the problem i made some mission on Anjou i got upto 1fps in game and about 8fps in editor but when i changed editor to everon then back to Anjou it would speed up back to normal again.

Maybe an addon issue?

yeah man it definately seems to be an addon issue.......certain conflicts b/w addons....well........no worries....cuz this cannot affect my daily dosage of flashy flashy.... tounge2.gif

Open up Task Manager before you start OFP, and once you encounter slowdown, Alt-Tab to the Desktop. Look at the Performance tab to see the memory utilization at a glance, or go to the Processes tab, and enable the display of the Peak Memory Usage from View -> Select Columns.

I'm sure you'll find that memory has been exhausted and the system is thrashing as it is paging to and from the swap file -- 512MB is really not much anymore.