Sign in to follow this  
Twinke Masta

Project 941 Akula Ver 1.2

Yeah this is very good looking Typhoon SSBN.

Akula class in Nato is know also as Bars Type 971 in Russia

The Type 941 realy name is Typhoon and this is orginal Soviet name of this submarine.

So i think you should change name of this addon to Project 941 Typhoon  tounge2.gif

Edit.

Sorry you have right this is Akula 941 also know as Typhoon (NATO designation) it is also very nice that NATO SSN Akula is orginal Russian designation Szczuka/Bars - projekt 971...

Very sorry, my fault sad_o.gif

Very nice, How will the Weapon systems work?

I think AGS will figure that out, i think maybe a gunner slot?

Probably a good suggestion would to use the MCAR system so the AI will launch CoC torpedoes.  There would need to be an invisible turret to shoot "bullets" out of, which through eventhandling scripting deletes the bullet when fired and replaces it with a torpedo about 3 to 5 meters away from the "invisible" turret at 0 meters height.  By using this method, you could also limit the range in which the unit will fire at targets.

You might not even need MCAR for that, but that's the most simple and effective means.  Remove the bullet fired from an invisible turret in the front of the submarine and replace it with a CoC torpedo at the same bearing the bullet was fired and space out the torpedo far enough away from the firing ship with 0 meters height.

However, I must say if any of you are planning on doing a Oscar II SSGN, I'm currently on a project to give such a sub some "teeth" and its also to work with other stuff as well.  It's still WIP so don't bother asking specific questions about it until I'm satisfied with it yet.

However the most desired effect I want to see is an OFP Nuclear SLBM launch and actually target some OFP islands for some "overkill" to infestation problems.  Once the SLBM launch is successfully done and the SLBM races up in a good ballistic path, all that must be done is have a re-entry warhead model comming down in re-entry ballistic path and soon as it touches ground, a nice nuclear detonation occurs.

Anyone planning to do a Delta or Yankee SSBN?

welcome.gif The Akula class 941 is superb nice to see more of them i made the seme submarine 3 years ago and this is a evolution since then i whood like to congradulate you for a joob whell done!

I'll see you around wink_o.gif

Mike USNavyMOD Leader

OFP USNavyMOD

Wonderful model Twinke Masta biggrin_o.gif

Sucked it into Flashpoint and we get this ....... wink_o.gif

Weapons are next, but time is a problem ......

Sub_7.jpg

Sub_8.jpg

Sub_9.jpg

Sub_6.jpg

(and other in the photography thread) wink_o.gif

OMG wow_o.gif

even Kuznetsov looks small wow_o.gif

thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

great work!!!

looking great, fantastic, exellent, awesome.... !!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

plz give us more pics wink_o.gif

but one question: is the water in opf deep enough??

Could you adapt it to shoot CoC Tomohawk style missiles by making the "Tomohawk Launcher" follow the sub?

I am not sure if torpedos are important in OFP (so, far). But the ability to fire cruise missiles and target areas on the map will be cool. The sub sits quietly under water somewhere near Nogova. Then the Spetsnasz boys call a strike on some enemy installation. Then a missile gets fired from this bad boy and with conventional warhead takes out the installation. The audience goes bananas! yay.gif

This kind of scenario is very OFP-like. So, is it possible to implement something like that with this sub?

then it should be Granits, not Tomahawks biggrin_o.gif

Torpedoes are important since everytime we do have more Naval Platforms on OFP and because the real thyphoon carries them.

The CoC Torps are just great and have already been impleemented in other subs like the KILO.

Make the fansites actually understand its a typhoon smile_o.gif

Now all this thing needs is some ICBMs shooting out in SCUD-like fashion... with the multiple warheads... bye-bye islands!!! whistle.gif

then it should be Granits, not Tomahawks biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, It would just be a case of asking for permission to alter the CoC system wouldn't it?

ok to everyone that is asking about subs launching all kinda missiles, I may not be an expert but this is what I know:

from what I understand this is an Akula class submarine. and Akula class is a hunter-killer sub, designed to search and destroy enemy subs... NOT to launch any "sea-to-land-guided missiles" (or whatever you call those, cruise missiles wink_o.gif ) so if we want a sub that would launch those missiles these guys who did an amazing job at this sub, would need to make us more and different kinds... at least if you want to make realistic mod... and it would be very stupid to have a russian sub shoot american cruise missiles (tomahawks)

btw Buzzard... ICBM means Inter Continental Balistic Missile and there is NO sub in the world that fires those things. ICBM's can only be launched from land based missile silo's, and I think only the USA and Russia have missiles that can fly as far as over continents. the missiles you mean are SLBM's (Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile). for more info on all missile and nuclear stuff check: http://www.armageddononline.org/nuclear_warfare2.php

anyway, it would be cool to have different kinds of subs. I am curious btw to the size of this akula in the screenshots, how big is this? it seems nuclear subs are far more bigger than hunter-killer subs...

last: CRIMSON TIDE RULES... not seen this movie? go watch it!

from what I understand this is an Akula class submarine

Well this is where you're mistaken wink_o.gif

It's quite clearly a Typhoon class SSBN, and this has been pointed out numerous times before in this thread

Also, SLBM and ICBM are basically the same thing. SLBMs are derived from ICBMs, modified so that they can be launched from submarines.

The SS-N-5 for instance can be fired from the Barents Sea and hit any target in North America.

I'd say that's pretty Inter-Continental wink_o.gif

I'm sure it's been noted in this thread before, but here we go again, TYPHOON is the NATO designation for this boat. Project 941 Akula is the Soviet/Russian name for the boat known as the Typhoon in the west. The Hunter/Killer sub known as the Akula in the west was designated Bars / Shchuka-B by the SU/Russia. For that NATO and Russian designation of Russian boats go here.

Soviet/Russian Subs w/names and NATO names

Guest RKSL-Rock
from what I understand this is an Akula class submarine. and Akula class is a hunter-killer sub, designed to search and destroy enemy subs... NOT to launch any "sea-to-land-guided missiles" (or whatever you call those, cruise missiles  wink_o.gif )

OK lets put this one to rest…

Project 941 = Akula (Russian name) = Typhoon (NATO Reporting name)

Info link Here

Where as:

Project 971 = Shuka B  (Russian name) = Akula (NATO Reporting name)

Info Link Here

So Twinke Masta is perfectly correct, as he and others explained several times.

As for subs launching Intercontinental Ballistic missiles, FIVE countries currently have confirmed subs capable of launching SLBM… and depending on the missiles they range from medium range to intercontinental capability.

United States

Russia (Former USSR)

United Kingdom

France

China

Getting back on topic slightly:

@Twinke very nice model – any plans to make some more subs?  SSKs (Diesel Electric) maybe? Possibly western ones too?