Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

Cam created jet and Napalm

Footmunch's A6 has Napalm Bombs.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7210

I have cam created the a6 in flight and also cam created the bombs in flight. The only trouble is that the bombs don't have any napalm effect. If I change the bomb type to the napalm bit then the fire just comes out instaed of the bomb. How can I attach the Napalm script to a camcreated Napalm bomb?

not familiar with the addon, but it sounds fairly simple. first question though: do the camcreated bombs fall?

if they do, then you should trigger a script which calculates the bomb's height above ground. for a moving/dropping bomb this is tricky as the height of the ground will change along its trajectory.

i'm a wee bit rusty with this, but i suspect that if you create a GL and setpos it using the bomb's x and y coordinates it will move along at ground level. in a fairly fast loop, match the x and y coordinates to the bomb and determine the distance between the bomb and the GL. once it gets within an acceptably small limit - say a couple of metres - use the GL as the starting position for the napalm effect.

if the napalm script uses a directional vector - no idea what the napalm effect looks like but they're generally lines spreading off in the direction of fire - use the x and y of the bomb 4 metres up and 2 metres up. that should give enough of a difference for a vector.

however, a much simpler answer would be to have the a6 there with a pilot, and get the ai to fire the bombs.... is this for a cutscene? how come you're camcreating these things?

Hey Bedges, how are you?

I'm cam creating because the ai keeps flying into the ground on bombing runs. Also I want the player to be able to choose where the bombs go and the ai pilot will not listen If I give him a free reign. Instead I cam create the jet and the pilot. The jet flies to a marker on careless and then when it gets to the marker I camcreate the bombs under the jet at the jet's speed and they fall to the ground. That way the ai doesn't fcuk me about.

I posted a link to the A6 because I don't know how it all works with an addon. What you wrote doesn't really make sense to me.

Quote[/b] ]Hey Bedges, how are you?

married. you can work out the rest for yourself wink_o.gif

anyways, i'm downloading the addon and i'll take a look at the scripts concerned. the basic principle holds though - if you camcreate the bomb you can give it a name, and using the name track its course. telling when it's near the ground is the tricksy part, but we'll see.

i may even be able to put a sample missionette together, no promises wink_o.gif

EDIT - hmmm, can't seem to locate the fire script... there's a script for bomblets, nothing for the napalm... i still think there must be a way of getting the AI to play nice, perhaps in combination with an invisible target, a setpos command... there's always a way! confused_o.gif

It might be easier to use Skumballs/LCD's Airstrike Napalm script, this will camcreate the plane, bombs and call a napalm script. This method does rely on the Napalm addon but you have that anyway right? wink_o.gif

Rip apart this if you want:

http://files.filefront.com/Hornets....fo.html

This relies on VTE but if you don't have it just de-pbo the mission and look at airstrike_naplam.sqs, the lines for Footmunch's F4 are commented out so it should be relatively easy to convert.