Sign in to follow this  
Yoshiro

Armed Assault at the GDC

The collision detection has been improved in Elite. You can't even pass through a steel fence bar without ducking or crawling underneath. In halls ways and tight areas you can't even swing around while laying down, you have to kneel or stand up and then turn. No reason why it wouldn't be improved in AA.

Ok I'll stir the consipiracy pot tounge2.giftounge2.gif

The pictures of you at the event showed you watching the movie xmas_o.gif not necessarily playing the game! I bet BIS didn't know it had a whole forum full of detectives nener.gif

I really see no point in setting up a PC with keyboard, mouse, joystick, TrackIR just to watch a video...

*Drools over UE3 shots*

EDIT: Also, what did I tell y'all about the reason they we're showing excessive amount of Blackhawks with pilot looking around. whistle.gif

-Dawnrazor @ April 06 2006,13:42)]Sorry, but i can only see a guy watching the Video nothing more

Yeah must be awesome to watch that video using trackir rofl.gif

@yoshiro: next time use a smoke grenade and run with the demo tounge2.gif

Now seriously, your digital camera cant take movies? whistle.gif

Umm.. The movie was made off (at least partially) the tech demo. nener.gif

Wasn't my digi camera, it was my fellow devs, and his sucked. Mine is much better.

As for TrackIR functionality. It didn't control aim, it just allowed me to look around, and was infact disabled in iron sights mode.

Ralf, your dead to me smile_o.gif And yes I was a smile filled fool when I was told I could play hehe.

And yes collision detection was better then OFP's. Having never played the Xbox or VBS versions I can't say if it was the same or better as anything in those.

And AI seemd fairly competent. The few I was shooting outside and in the city seemd to be near cover. I don't know if that was random luck when as to how just where they where when I reached em or if they actually went for it.

The game started off with me landing in the helo as part of a squad. Or commander then ordered us over this hill and we see a city. At this point a few allied tanks start coming down the road and your commander points out that the enemy has AT guys right down their at the front of the city so you get ordered to head down there and take em out before you loose a few million in precious firepower.

After killing about 5 guys (no idea how much my squad took out there) we moved into the city down the main street I'm assuming, and started clearning it out, then about half way through we took a left down a road. More baddies here for my shooting pleasure and an order to wait around for something to happen. At this point I left my squad and starting roaming to take a look at the island so I don't know what happens next in the mission.

Could you answer if the game ran more fluent? I mean, OFP always felt kind of stuttery, even at FPS' above 60, altough never got into the way of gameplay, and with time, you got used to it.

Could you answer if the game ran more fluent? I mean, OFP always felt kind of stuttery, even at FPS' above 60, altough never got into the way of gameplay, and with time, you got used to it.

The game seemed to run fine even with the glitches. I have no idea what kind of system it was running on but I can only assume near top of the line.

Even with far view distances and sometimes vehicles appearing as blocks, and then suddenly turning into artistic pleasure (screwed up LOD I assumed) nothing seemd to give it a sudden drop in frames.

Is this a constant thing for the whole game? I couldn't say. If you add 100 bots to a mission in the same area that requires intensive CPU power you might see the old stutter friend return smile_o.gif

I doubt any current generation game can handle that many NPC's in one area. wink_o.gif

Did you blur those images on purpose? I mean, why are they all that bad quality crazy_o.gif

Nope, my fellow devs digi cam just sucks. To see pics from my cam check this link

http://yoshiro.kirbyz.net/GDC%202006%20PICS/

but the only pics I had of me playing ArmA came from my fellow devs cam so thats what I posted for you guys. The pics in the above thread will probably make no sense to you.

As for TrackIR functionality.  It didn't control aim, it just allowed me to look around, and was infact disabled in iron sights mode.

What were ironsights like? Same old black outlines?

Sounds to me like same old AI. From your recollection of the "battle", they were not much of a challenge. biggrin_o.gif

A Demo? What Demo, when can we try it out. banghead.gif

Sounds to me like same old AI.  From your recollection of the "battle", they were not much of a challenge. biggrin_o.gif

A Demo?  What Demo, when can we try it out.    banghead.gif

Im tellin ya, AA is going to be a dressed up OFP GOTY on a bigger map and new networking. And we will probably see it at Christmas.

what about some images about Armed Assault?

no..?!

As previously posted

http://yoshiro.kirbyz.net/YoshPlayingUT2k7Arma/

Bad pics though smile_o.gif

Those are not pics from the Real and Recent ARMA, didtn you read what Placeboty wrote?

and in those pics the fat man is not playing ofp, hes looking at the video of the fake ARMA.

http://yoshiro.kirbyz.net/YoshPlayingUT2k7Arma/IMG_2714.JPG

i dont know why he have the hands in the keyboard. If you notice the screen theres a video runing because the screen is black in the top and bottom (like and intro or the video we saw about fake and old ARMA.)

when i said new pics i meant new pic from the real Arma and obviously Official ones.

Placeboty is very anoyed with me cause i use the same old vocabulary (new pics, new info, more, more.. and so on).

i use the same vocabulary cause noone teach me more.. hope placeboty wount be made at me crazy_o.gif

I think he was about to play the game. The picture was taken while the mission's intro was rolling.

But yeah, early tech demo for sure.

... in those pics the fat man is not playing ofp, hes looking at the video of the fake ARMA.

rofl.gif "the fat man" rofl.gif

Thats just nasty and clearly 'flamebating'

The aforementioned "fat man" is actually Yoshiro!

You nasty so-and-so biggrin_o.gif

well, i can't see a point to giving someone video to watch with use of latest TrackIR hardware smile_o.gif

that means we will be sure when NaturalPoint host the video on their site.

and that means that we're jealous about that someone had opportunity to play Arma ..... smile_o.gif

Hi there,I am sorry to interupt you suspicious bashing,but consider this for a second: There's a tech demo featuring one mission right.Thus it can be played(that mission has cutscenes btw). Now then, both a russian magazine and the TrackIr people get it.The russian magazine makes a video clip out of it and the Track ir guys use it to show off Track-ir(still expensive as hell btw and I am a consumer that wants to buy it once it is a tidbit cheaper*wink wink) stuff at the GDC . To me the highly interesting thing ain't that "Someone might be playing a video",the interesting thing to me is that this fake,old,outdated ArmA is quite spread smile_o.gif

For all nonbelievers: Picture

Every mission and every cutscene is a little bit different in OFP and as you can see, in ArmA. The picture in the bottom was taken from the video. It was the closest frame to look like Yoshiro's picture.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Maybe we can expect a more upto date demo soon on the front of a magazine or downloadable yay.gifyay.gif