Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

satchel explosives

is it possible to have a satchel charge placed at the begining of a mission and have it blow afer a sertain number of seconds? if so how?

hm i think its possible with a little trick at least.

let ai place a satchel via scripting commands.

once he is finished run a script doing the time count

and once it reaches the desired time, let the script

order the AI to blow it up smile_o.gif

i can do that way but i want it to be the opening to a mission cos its like a car bomb attack. tried a mine but its not sensitive enough anyway of reducing its sensitivity?

Well this is how I would do it, there are probably easier ways but I don't know them.

Place the car and name it 'car'. Then place a trigger with the size quite large (so it encompasses a unit) and the activation to "anybody", then set Min/Max/Mid to whatever time you want. In the init line of the trigger type the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Boom="Shell125" camcreate [getpos car select 0, getpos car select 1]

That should do it, from there just play with the size of the explosion (Heat/Sabot/Shell, 75-125).

works now any other ways? and what other values can you have its not powerfll enough for wht i want it doesnt kill civillians around it?

if you gave a name to the civilians you could auto-kill them like so:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Boom="Shell125" camcreate [getpos car select 0, getpos car select 1]; civ1 setDamage 1; civ2 setDamage 1; civ3 setDamage 1; etc...

If you have a LOT of civilians, then use a bigger bomb (can't tell you which is the biggest though).

is there away of doing the satchel explosion cos they are the most powerful or the LGB bombs? and using the shell the driver of the car manages to walk out alive lol

Just place a satchel then make a trigger with "satchelname setdammage 1" in the activation field. Put a delay for the trigger to however many seconds you want.

One problem I've found with placing satchels in editor is that they tend to float around depending on where you place them. So they may not be where you placed them when you start your game. Just have to test it and see.

"laserguidedBomb" camCreate getPos car

or alternatively

bomb = "pipeBomb" camCreate getPos car

~0.1

bomb setDammage 4

LaserGuidedBomb is a more powerful explosive i believe.

unfortunately, a time delay doesn't work in a trigger. I recommend using the LGB also...

Time delay doesn't work in trigger?

Seems to work for me...

car bombs usually are powerfull world trade center bombings in 1993 were big!

is there away of gettin the explosion to happen just before the mission begins so that the buildin tht was destroyed previously is destroyed in the next mission?

depending on the type of building, find its ID number and you can simply put the following into the init.sqs file -

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(object ID_number_here) setdamage 1

no need for explosives, although there will be an almighty roar as the building is destroyed. consider using 0 fadesound 0 at the very beginning until a few seconds after the setdamage command, then 5 fadesound 0.8 to return sound to normal.

No, if it's an 'original' building (already on the map).

If you've placed it there, then yes;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

deleteVehicle buildingname

*edit*

Buildingname is the name you must give the building in its Name field.