txalin

William Porter's Blog

If they would give the troops ACU armour covers and ACH helmets, I'd be very happy. If not, I'm going to do a little work when the game comes out.

I agree with the above comments - nice patrol stance. smile_o.gif

Hm,is it me or are the soldiers in the front walking faster than the one in the back? Speed variation? If so neato,no biggie if not. I like the video alot,its better than I expected,it looks more like real life if ya ask me,more realistic than anything else,I'd definatly have to say their doing a great job,the new patrol animations look lifelike. And no Bravo6 this isn't old footage,I'v got every video and picture of armed assault from before OFP:E was even released and there was confusion between the two,its much newer. I like how the trees sway in the wind without having a helicopter to come make them move and whatnot,guess thats a civy ural? Hmm..and one thing that bugs me,I can't decide if its the quality of the video or if theres some kind of filter on it,like one of those smooth stained glass ones or somethin..just the way the stuff blends together makes me wonder. Oh damn I hope it comes out sometime this year >.<

If they would give the troops ACU armour covers and ACH helmets, I'd be very happy. If not, I'm going to do a little work when the game comes out.

Well watching footage from Iraq taken in the last week I'd say the ACU/BDU mix is accurate of the current situation. From what I've seen it seems there is a shortage or distribution problem with ACU armour/helmets.

now i know i should have read all 40+ pages but...is this the will porter that works for pczone?

chris

now i know i should have read all 40+ pages but...is this the will porter that works for pczone?

chris

lol no, our William is a fictional character which most likely will be one of the main characters in the Armed Assault campaign.

He (or better: BIS) uses the blog and William to introduce the situation on Sahasomething and reveal pieces of information to us, the communiy.

Bonsoir aux francophones....

Vous pourrez trouver une traduction complÄte du blog de William sur le lien suivant :

Cliquez ici !

Nous essayerons de mettre Å• jour rapidement ce blog en cas de nouveaux posts.

A bientôt.

Kasper

Arma-fr.com

Arma french community

I agree with Cameron. In a couple of years from now, we are going to see this game and wonder why there is a mixture of two completely different camos. There is a good number of units in full ACU equipment and of course you got those under supplied guys with the mix (who won't be very soon).

I think that video (although short) is one of the greated releases as of yet, you get to see some of the animations they have and also the textures used

I think im in love! inlove.gif

hope the fix the static tree shadows, prolly implemented the swaying trees without making them generate dynamic shadows, would make it look even more tropical with the slowly moving tree shadows.

cant wait to see ArmA at E3 yay.gif

IT does look nice, but the palm swaying is a bit over done. Perhaps it's because they sway from the very base upwards, whereas in reality, you'd probably only notice the sway from 50% to 75% upwards. Still, it could have been an earth tremor tounge2.gif

Good job on the animations, better then I expected. notworthy.gif

But, I don't like the moving trees. I never saw a tree sway that much in normal conditions, it doesn't look like there's a storm huh?

I mean...have you seen the thickness of that trunk of that palmtree, how many wind does it need to sway that much? Only the leaves should move...

Also, the trees are not swaying in the wind imo, AFAIK see they sway in a random direction. Well, ok... that's niggling. tounge2.gif

I like the idea of swaying trees when a chopper's nearby, tho

I think the basic idea is that we can have selections on trees now that can be animated wink_o.gif . somebody could always remod the bis trees so only the leaves are animated.

Good job on the animations, better then I expected. notworthy.gif

But, I don't like the moving trees. I never saw a tree sway that much in normal conditions, it doesn't look like there's a storm huh?

I mean...have you seen the thickness of that trunk of that palmtree, how many wind does it need to sway that much? Only the leaves should move...

Also, the trees are not swaying in the wind imo, AFAIK see they sway in a random direction. Well, ok... that's niggling. tounge2.gif

I like the idea of swaying trees when a chopper's nearby, tho

It's an earthquake, why then camera is moving so much?? :P wink_o.gifrofl.gif

just got time to watch video , neat piece really smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I like that yellow truck

I´m not sure if you would still like it 10 seconds after the video ends and it turns into a remote detonated inferno-delivery-truck.

Looks like the camscripting will get interesting with ArAs. I don´t think it got edited with 3rd party tools. Looks ArAs authentic to me.

Yeah, I have grown up around palms all my life and I have never seen them sway that much maybe when it is really windy. Great animations though.

Quote[/b] ]I like that yellow truck

I´m not sure if you would still like it 10 seconds after the video ends and it turns into a remote detonated inferno-delivery-truck.

I don't think so. That guy somehow managed to post the video on the blog. So obviously he survived and not just survived (he was far enough for that), but wasn't called in for a clean up duty...

If those trees were pine (and 60-70 ft tall), and not palm, the animation would be perfect. My pines sway day-in and day-out like that with only slight wind.

(hope it's _swaydeviation = .22 in the tree config)

otherwise absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, I have grown up around palms all my life and I have never seen them sway that much maybe when it is really windy. Great animations though.

Yeah I grew up in palm springs and the palms dont move that much, there really sturdy.

Yeah, palm trees are very rigid.

Check out the textures on those walls. Thumbs up.

I'm looking forward hows the campaign is going to be smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

The yellow truck is hot. It looks more like a civilian supply truck than a military one to me. inlove.gif

im guessing its the property of the south sahrani goverment maybe? smile_o.gif or just some civilian truck.