txalin

William Porter's Blog

8x8 km compared to nogova's 8 x 10?  That's a step in the wrong direction.  I'm pretty sure BI would not introduce islands that are actually smaller than the islands in their previous games.

Ingame map with Sahrani island is 419.4304 km2.

Thank you, i coudlnt hear this specualtive nonsence anymore! smile_o.gif

(So that means the grid scale changed right? wink_o.gif )

Why is the URL for the image:

ttp://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6348/sahranigoogleearth3ft.jpg

Are you asking why is the image hosted on imageshack instead of armedassault.com? For that "hey I just found Sahrani on google" authenticity I suppose.

Or are you asking something else?

Edit: ahh well the URL is truncated in your post, but in replying I noticed you've emphasized the 3ft. I don't know, does Google Earth use an imperial scale system and if so are you wondering if we might derive the islands scale from google earth's scale?

No, reread the post above yours. It automatically made it a hyper link but I was trying to point out the '3ft' part.

EDIT: I personally think its a subtle hint that the island isn't real because google cant zoom into 3ft.

imageshack always add random letters and numbers to a picture name when you upload it on their server.

So the 3ft should mean nothing actually wink_o.gif

If i host a screenshot named

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ElderScrollsArena.jpg

This is what imageshack gives after hosting :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1117/elderscrollsarena5ma.jpg

like i said earlyer after looking accross the globe at every possible island GUADELOUPE! was the only one that come close and if you edit its shape a little you get ARMAs island.. thats all i can say and that picture on google earth is a fake, theres no other like it.. smile_o.gif and its a good fake 2 tounge2.gif ...

Unless some1 can give us some google cords, i hope they can.. lol biggrin_o.gif

imageshack always add random letters and numbers to a picture name when you upload it on their server.

So the 3ft should mean nothing actually wink_o.gif

If i host a screenshot named

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ElderScrollsArena.jpg

This is what imageshack gives after hosting :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1117/elderscrollsarena5ma.jpg

Wow that is kind of ironic though. Probably not a very good chance it would try out being 3ft (3 feet). I thought it was a hint. Oh well learn something new everyday.

The blog comments were updated look what got posted wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]#

25. William Porter | April 27th, 2006 at 9:49 pm

It’s fake, the Google screen is a fake, the end. Donkey was a unhappy employee at Bohemia Interactive, until Marc fired him.

The blog comments were updated look what got posted  wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]#

25. William Porter  |  April 27th, 2006 at 9:49 pm

It?s fake, the Google screen is a fake, the end. Donkey was a unhappy employee at Bohemia Interactive, until Marc fired him.

Lets think about this.

'William Porter' is a 'soldier' on an island for the blog.

He is a BIS member.

Would they post that screenshot and then call it a fake?

Would they break charcter so they can say that a satellite image that they posted is fake?

Does anyone else realize that anyone can post as William Porter?

Why would a BIS member call their boss Marc when it is Maruk?

My guess is some kid just screwing around.

Also check out post 27 on the blog.

It probably isn't a real place in the real world but I am fairly sure that that William Porter guy who said it was fake isn't really 'The William Porter'.

I get the feeling that there could be a sudden influx of William Porter comments appearing in the blog!  biggrin_o.gif

I did a theoric map of Arma, we don't know where Sahra is located in this map so i put it in the left bottom (it could be anywere on the map), it should show you the scale of Sahra in the Arma world.

a101e96f20b1771f34e97d8ce920.jpg

We must ask William if he visited the other islands around.

Very nice theory, L etranger wink_o.gif

I can't imagine how epic some user made missions will be if the whole 400km square can be used.

I would really like to know how the streaming technology will work on a mission editing point of view, for such huge game surface.

I think the best thing we can do is forget the whole break of Will's character and just keep bloging.

I don't think anyone's gone out of character.

Did you notice the clever fellow who pointed out that anyone can post a comment using the name 'William Porter'?

It's true. Anyone can post using that name. . . Even me.

was it not said that we should expect a video this week?.. what ever happend to that? huh.gif

No, reread the post above yours. It automatically made it a hyper link but I was trying to point out the '3ft' part.

EDIT: I personally think its a subtle hint that the island isn't real because google cant zoom into 3ft.

Quote[/b] ]I don't think anyone's gone out of character.

Did you notice the clever fellow who pointed out that anyone can post a comment using the name 'William Porter'?

smile_o.gif I realized that in the beginning but I didn't want to say anything because I felt that maybe someone might start doing that to be a prankster on us.

Well after a little less than four years I finally got my 1000th post here. I can be a happy man now.

I don't think anyone's gone out of character.

Right,  just thinking whatever the cause, I'm going to ignore it as much as possible and continue..  smile_o.gif

Edit: Congrats on the 1000th post yay.gif

The blog comments were updated look what got posted  wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]#

25. William Porter  |  April 27th, 2006 at 9:49 pm

It’s fake, the Google screen is a fake, the end. Donkey was a unhappy employee at Bohemia Interactive, until Marc fired him.

This post was not made by William as he told me in email. There was a bunch of fake posts in comments.

I did a theoric map of Arma, we don't know where Sahra is located in this map so i put it in the left bottom (it could be anywere on the map), it should show you the scale of Sahra in the Arma world.

Are you sure that Sahrani island with 2 countries (Kingdom and Repubublic) is on island which is just 9x9 km large? Are you sure with you proportions guess? whistle.gif

I think that lower left Island of Sarah is as big a Nogova or Malden. smile_o.gif

UPDATED!!!!!!!!

http://www.armedassault.com/william/

Quote[/b] ]Got my Camera! It’s great! 6 megapixels, and it does video, and it has amazing zoom and everything. I got so excited when it came in that I just started taking pictures of everything I could find. I’ve posted a whole bunch of them so you can see what kind of quality I can get out of this little beast… it’s quite the gadget, as you can see.

Then brand new photos!!!!!