txalin

William Porter's Blog

Quote[/b] ]There's nothing wrong in speculating, and since there is no other information available it's all we can do for the moment!  

Until things get out of hand...

(example only)

"The island will be 242 sq/km!"

"The islands landmass will be 242 sq/km"

"The island is only 1/3 the map shown so it must be 600+ sq/km!!!"

"The islands landmass will be 600+ sq/km with desert on the southern half!!!"

"The islands landmass will be 600+ sq/km of desert on the southern half so the north will be 600+ sq/km of jungle!!!"

etc...

etc...

Then the game gets released and there are a bunch of pissed off community rumor-mongers. biggrin_o.gif

The only facts you have are vague or general descriptions given by BIS that can be interpreted many different ways. I would just take their word for it and not over-hype something that is going to be genuinely good and sit and wait for some more 'news'

popcorn.gif

The only facts you have are vague or general descriptions given by BIS that can be interpreted many different ways. I would just take their word for it and not over-hype something that is going to be genuinely good and sit and wait for some more 'news'

popcorn.gif

No need to be a killjoy mate!  nodance2.gif   nodance.gif     scoff.gif          rofl.gif

for I a while I thought it was going to be every week we'd get something new.

I'm sure William had that plan as well, and will possibly try to keep to that plan whenever he's able to do so, but of course life doesn't always work out that way. William will undoubtedly have more to share with us very soon smile_o.gif

I'm sure William had that plan as well, and will possibly try to keep to that plan whenever he's able to do so, but of course life doesn't always work out that way. William will undoubtedly have more to share with us very soon smile_o.gif

well thats good news so i hope he is talking lots of pictures on the way :P

I wonder if BIS is on easter-vacation smile_o.gif?

I wonder if BIS is on easter-vacation smile_o.gif?

I don't know, but I sure hope that William Porter is!   biggrin_o.gif  headdance.gif

Ths blog will be updated?? It looks like "Fans, take it and wait"smile_o.gif

So we only have to wait one more month for E3?

Then they'll find a publisher, and the game will be out in June...?

Ain't gonna happen.

More likely;

E3, find publisher,

Discuss and hagle with publisher over prices and commision,

Magazine reviews, playable demo,

Long winded ad campaign (possible averts between "Lost" or "WWE"),

Release in shops, 1.1 patch available in first week of release.

I think each item will take about a month. Meaning the game will be out late Q3 to mid Q4 this year.   icon_rolleyes.gif

the game maybe ready to ship right now, but a publisher will want to strategically release the game for maximum porfit. either mid summer or november. since they will probably want to hype the game with an aggressive ad campaign, i'd say release will be in november.

that's not necessarily a bad thing as this will give the devs ample opportunity to tweak the game, and maybe even add a little more content. due to the nature of this game's evolution, i seriously expect ArmA to be very polished when it hits retail.

I thought BIS were publishing it themselves? huh.gif

The blog has been updated.

http://www.armedassault.com/william/

Nice article, but still very bad digi cam... BIS should give him more money, so that he can buy a new one^^ tounge2.gif

Looks more like a picture taken with those new cellphones lol I can't imagen a digi-cam taking such poor pics. firefoxlover.gif

it's good to see that BIS starts weaving a story around this

I think and hope it foreshadows the immersive elements in their upcoming releases

if they indeed manage to increase the CPU-efficiency, their engine has the potential to intensify that unique OFP feeling:

the feeling that you are really training, managing, commanding the resources and people around

The blog has been updated.

http://www.armedassault.com/william/

Nice article, but still very bad digi cam... BIS should give him more money, so that he can buy a new one^^ tounge2.gif

Looks more like a picture taken with those new cellphones lol I can't imagen a digi-cam taking such poor pics.  firefoxlover.gif

As William said before... "pics in the next few entries will still have to be from the phone. " so no surprise for me biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and English

wink_o.gifwow_o.gif

wink_o.gif

tounge2.gif now where can we find an Island in the Atlantic were those languages are spoken?

Falkland Islands :P

French, German = Turists

Spanish, Portuguese = Argentins

English = UK ppl

rofl.gif

The Eastern Atlantic islands, off the North-West Coast of Africa are a mix of Spanish, Portugese, English and probably a little French/German. e.g. The Azores, Canary and Cape Verde Islands.

The Cape Verde islands have there own local dialect in addition to Portuguese (mix of Portuguese/West African languages).

However back in the real world, we might guess that these are the languages supported out of the box in Arma which is good. If that is the case I hope we have all the languages available in each localised version, would be good to practice my Spanish/French. wink_o.gif

Haha, is it just me or did William take a little poke at all the OFP pep's who are getting impatient and rumoring threw the forums

Quote[/b] ]

As you can see, there’s not much going on still. I’d get into some of what we’re teaching them and not teaching them, but I’m sure you’re just glued to your seats.

That's classic. William rules. Great update also. It feels like a excellent story is building up.

I wonder if the language variety will be included in the missions. Something like dynamic ai voices in ECP or even in radio chatter. I can only imagine when you are the commander of militia forces and after giving "All find cover" order you receive such a answers from your squadmates:

2. Roger.

3. On my way. (with terrible accent)

4. aaaaaa.... Say again?

5. Que?

6. Nicht verstehen!

7. Ego non cognosco.

8. Non capisco!

9. Ne ponimaju!

tounge2.gifcrazy_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

(sorry for spelling, my first language is Polish)