txalin

William Porter's Blog

hes probly on a beach drinking bacardi watchin all the girls

thinking too himself hmm icafe or here yay.gif

please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD give us some more info :'(

we were told it would be released in H1 Meaning in the next two months (which is looking ever more unlikely) and all we get is a rough image of an island :/

goodnight.gif

poor william. we just got word that he glitched in a house and cant get out. help.gif

poor william. we just got word that he glitched in a house and cant get out.  help.gif

LMFAO rofl.gif

poor william. we just got word that he glitched in a house and cant get out. help.gif

LOL he got stuck in a wall or something rofl.gif

please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD give us some more info :'(

we were told it would be released in H1 Meaning in the next two months (which is looking ever more unlikely) and all we get is a rough image of an island :/

goodnight.gif

I think it's pretty clear now that it will not come out this summer nor spring.

I think it's pretty clear now that it will not come out this summer nor spring.

Placebo stated in the interview on the polisch site that it still remains the same. He wouldn't tell us that if it wouldn't be true. I'm sure much more info will be released when the game is finished and published.

In the mean time, William's blog revealed something about the story, it's like an introduction. That means that something is going on. What would be the use of  starting to tel the story when the game wouldn't be out in the next months. Normally you wouldn't know anything about the story untill the release of a game. So go BIS, and stop whining about releasedates, it's out when it's out and being pessimistic won't change a thing, staying positive is the best way to go.

I compared this map and this screenshot and came up with this..

briliant thing

yay?

Great job! Inteligence agencies should really recruit their agents among BIS forum users wink_o.gif But im getting back ontopic. Considering those screens the island looks quite small. But there is a way to figure out if it covers 400km2 or not. If someone could estimate a distance between any two points on the map from the second screenshot (how far can it be from player's start point to the city? 300m?) we could resize it to the big map preserving the scale and then knowing approximatly the scale of the big map figure out how many km2 it covers.

hmm maybe this ISland pic of sarah is just a small Island like the Training Island on Malden tounge2.gif

Alsthought i hate guessing stuff and such,I personally believe the distance between Gulan and Somata is about 1km,thus making the island as big as it shall be.

I believe the island will be as big as we have been promised, but not as big as we have allowed our imaginations to construct.

Nice way to divulge information.

The island is big enough I think. whistle.gif

LOL proberly a load of small islands = 400km2 then the rest water biggrin_o.gif

i hope this game comes out soon. i dont know if BIS have some masterplan, but from the videos, the gfx and such looks quite dated even now. its ok if the game came out soon, but in anouther 6 months it'll look stupid ;-/

i hope this game comes out soon. i dont know if BIS have some masterplan, but from the videos, the gfx and such looks quite dated even now. its ok if the game came out soon, but in anouther 6 months it'll look stupid ;-/

I agree whole-heartedly.

Even if they release it now it might not stand the test of time....but having said that OFP is still as good today as it was then even though new games are far superior in every way except; playability and possibility.

dont compare arma to other games, compare arma to OFP:R. Thats what matters, not if some unreal 55 engine game looks good.

Quote[/b] ]Considering those screens the island looks quite small.

Quite the opposite in my opinion. If you look at

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armademo_2.jpg and see how many hills are there on the map in that area. Then compare it to this http://joe.simnet.is/sarah1.jpg and see that the distance between towns (Honoria and Gulan) is a tiny bit on the map but IRL it's gotta be at least 1km. Judging from these aspects the island's total land area looks to be around the promised 400km^2 (20km x 20km).

Yup. And the north is larger than the south... Yes, it is the size. smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Looks small if you ask me.. and didnt he say in the blog there were other islands which didnt fit into that picture biggrin_o.gif

you have to remeber from that picture you see there can you imagine all the ofp islands joint together fitting on that island cos i dont.

Edit: Also do you see any water within the island (lakes, rivers). which we got told we would have.. ?

Maybe the island isn't what BIS said, because the play terrain now allowes you to go from Nogova to Malden and all the other islands?

I'm just thinking of what else it could be, because that map looks no were to the promised size :O.

i know gfx shouldnt count. but in reality, they do :-) how many times have you turned a game box over, seen that it looks like pac-man, and moved on ? i know i have, and many of the times i didnt, i wished i had.

i was playing opf:res today and its fun and all (even with its faults), but if that hit the shelfs today, it'd get laughed at.

anyhow. come on BIS ! you got a large base of players litrally biting at the bit to buy this game, i know of entire clans (including my own) waiting for this game to release. battlefield 2 is fading, and hell, we're **bored** !

i dont understand why BIS is playing it like this ? the public releations / advertising has been really really low level. Sometimes it seems like i want people to know of ArmA existance more than its makers do ;-/

Guest Ti0n3r

Kaitnieks, those islands won't be in ArmA at all. One island.

The way I see: Either all the talk about a 400km2 island was a bunch of bullshit OR maybe the island is alot bigger than it appears to be, wich sounds like a possibility to me. icon6.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also do you see any water within the island (lakes, rivers). which we got told we would have.. ?

No we haven't got told that, stop making stuff up.

Anyway guys stop speculating for all you know that map could be the size of Britain.

Anyway guys stop speculating for all you know that map could be the size of Britain.

and let's pray it only mirrors the size, and not its state :-)

keep britan tidy ! -- bin an idiot.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway guys stop speculating for all you know that map could be the size of Britain.

and let's pray it only mirrors the size, and not its state :-)

Well it would be a departure from the communist story line, but a dictatorial facist state isn't much different at the end of the day. I would certainly enjoy overthrowing Blair and his state police much more than some fictitious dictator.

Back to the subject. We were shown lakes in the first unofficial trailer. I think the reason we don't see any water or forests on that map is because the scale is too small. Which would fit with William's comment about other islands, i.e. there are small costal islands which don't appear on a map because they are too small at that scale. It also explains why the overall area seems to small to some people.