txalin

William Porter's Blog

Hmm, looks right.  Good job.

...I seriously hope that is not the whole size of Sahrani, though crazy_o.gif  tounge2.gif

-Pilot

Guest Ti0n3r

@FatJoe

If you're right.. Then I'm VERY disappointed. It would make the new island into a joke.

I will keep my fingers crossed. Hope you're wrong. confused_o.gif

From da press release they posted in December '05;

Quote[/b] ]New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined)

Wouldnt that make the southern island at least about the size of Malden? If so then I'm a very happy Tioner.

Well if I'm wrong, then theres some strange coincidens that the road still match.. :P

@FatJoe

If you're right.. Then I'm VERY disappointed. It would make the new island into a joke.

I will keep my fingers crossed. Hope you're wrong. confused_o.gif

From da press release they posted in December '05;

Quote[/b] ]New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined)

Wouldnt that make the southern island at least about the size of Malden? If so then I'm a very happy Tioner.

Take a closer look at the map screenshot, then compare the relative size to the full map. It appears to be bigger than you think.

Guest Ti0n3r
Take a closer look at the map screenshot, then compare the relative size to the full map. It appears to be bigger than you think.

Let's just hope you're right (And I think you are) smile_o.gif

I thought that this was just one island in a chain of islands that make up Sarah, or at least that's what I thought the blog stated:

Quote[/b] ]I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

Am I reading too much into that?

-Pilot

I wonder if that is a statement to the modders.

Hope there's a little more though.

I'm guessing this blog is a prelude into the story line of AA. William porter is likely the main or a lead character in the story. He's writing his blog from his deployment much like today's troops write blogs.

The total map is suppose to 400 km2.

I can't fit 400 km2 on this island alone. Can you? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As for the political situation, the island is split into two countries. The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

If I understand this correctly, this may indicate that this is like the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and the Republic of Cyprus (two counties on one island). And ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ is the mainland-Turkey (Invader of the northern part, or at least, the remote "ruler" of this part of the island).

Though this is just a geo(graphical/political) suggestion on how the situation is on Sahrani.

Quote[/b] ]I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

Which again says this isn't the whole map.

This island maybe small, but I will guess there is alot more to it then what we see here.

Well,If the lower part of the island is as almost as big as Malden(See and compare RoadSize on briefing screen to OFP like somone else pointed out) that whole map is easily 20kmx20km

I assume btw that with "more of the local islands" the fictional blog character means small offshore islands

I'm guessing this blog is a prelude into the story line of AA. William porter is likely the main or a lead character in the story. He's writing his blog from his deployment much like today's troops write blogs.

no, really? hehe

william

Quote[/b] ] Sahrani is based on real satelite datas but the shape whas modified to fit our campaign and ideas

hope this helps island finders smile_o.gif

I hope there are several big islands on one map. And I hope they all have their own airport!

Now that would be an improvement of the engine.

You could have invasions or air raids starting where they should.

Not the map switching like for example in he original A10 missions.

I hope willy has some time off this weekend so he can visit an internet cafe. =)

I will say monday. His last two posts were posted on a monday wink_o.gif

=) Oh oh, at least now I know I won't have to refresh the page at each ~45min crazy_o.gif hehe.

=) Oh oh, at least now I know I won't have to refresh the page at each ~45min   crazy_o.gif  hehe.

You can subscribe to the RSS feed so you dont have to check the weblog every hour

You can subscribe to the RSS feed so you dont have to check the weblog every hour

Do you know a good RSS Reader ? Maybe with a function which inform you via popup or something like that... ?

Try using Wizz RSS 2.1.2. Wizz i use this, it has a watchlist tool as well which notifies you of changes.