txalin

William Porter's Blog

I think I saw that in the ArmA demo I played at GDC.  Glad to see you pulling ideas from the community Medvidek

Don't forget we are still watching these forums smile_o.gif

I think I saw that in the ArmA demo I played at GDC. Glad to see you pulling ideas from the community Medvidek

Don't forget we are still watching these forums smile_o.gif

And here I thought you had all bought a private island (as modeled in the recent blog entry) and where just reporting on the local vegitation and climate wink_o.gif

Back to the topic whistle.gif

William just sent me an email that he made some new pics which is going to post on his blog very soon smile_o.gif

Tell William we are all waiting smile_o.gif And tell him I want to come back to Sahrani and visit him soon. I didn't get enough time while the GDC was going on!

Amazing idea, you guys are really creative.

Much better than the EA tv adverts "Girls, Guns, Bang, Movie Tie in".

This fits in perfectly keep it up biggrin_o.gif

William just sent me an email that he made some new pics which is going to post on his blog very soon smile_o.gif

I wonder if we see William and Frank in these pics and maybe other guys smile_o.gif.

Here is my question, and I don't ask you to reveal anything big. tounge2.gif

Is there a plan on the regular updates of the blog? Like every 4 days or weekly, or it's just random when you get time?

Quote[/b] ]Here is my question, and I don't ask you to reveal anything big.  tounge2.gif

Is there a plan on the regular updates of the blog? Like every 4 days or weekly, or it's just random when you get time?

Try to check William's weblog every day and you will see how it is smile_o.gif But Will said something like he is not able to get to the internet every day...

medvidek I want to go back to the island and join him, see if he can arange a flight/visit for me again smile_o.gif But tell Will to get updating, he's had us waiting several hours.

Long time BIS contacted me with a request, they wanted me to draw something , a kind of angry man very badly , without any talent.

[ig]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9912/gene8mw.jpg[/img]

...Is this true?  confused_o.gif

Of course it was a (bad attempt at making a) joke wink_o.gif

mad_o.gif Crazy fool  You had me going then!  mad_o.gif

@deanosbeano

Quote[/b] ]

hmm long ago a mainstream dev asked me to make a map also,

i too did a bad drawing, i tried to create ambience and wild life feeling ,grass etc.

btw i think william porter = medvidek

pic

@deanosbeano

Quote[/b] ]

lol same place i got this ??

lol not really of course yours are much better, robert or should i say William ,lol

[iG]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8180/istanbulmaybe6jh.jpg[/img]

( wink_o.gif )

Guys, have you noticed how "frank" isn't actually looking out of the front windshield?

Interesting eh?

Looking at the comments section seems to me like BIS will have to close it pretty soon just like had to on the Arma webpage,shame really confused_o.gif (Still no reason to keep that link for yourself and your friends btw tounge2.gif )

Looking at the comments section seems to me like BIS will have to close it pretty soon just like had to on the Arma webpage,shame really  confused_o.gif    (Still no reason to keep that link for yourself and your friends btw  tounge2.gif )

It's only got to run for two more months.

Then we can get out there and help old Will in the Armed Assault. yay.gif

actually i think this blog is just to make us mad.. tounge2.gif

why would BIS creat a blog like this? What for?

If they want to expose info they should do in a normal way, not like this... this is torture, psi-war arf!

If this blog/info was created it should be updated regulary to make sense.

nothing make sense now..

Guest Ti0n3r

@bravo6

It's pretty obvious to me. The blog is not there to expose ArmA to the press (ffs). It's there to provide a prequel to the campaign. That's not tortue, just a gift to the loyal fans. xmas_o.gif I doubt it will give out any info about the game itself.

So if you don't like the blog thing then just ignore it.

BIS has always been creative with communicating towards the community. No stupid/boring news reports on the website, but hidden, funny stuff like the Fun pages and this blog. The only normal thing from the last few years that I can remember are the E3 press releases and the letter to the community.

Quote[/b] ]If this blog/info was created it should be updated regulary to make sense.

course it makes sense , it certainly beats, flashnews and the arma progress thread lol, theres more info in the blog in 1 day than 2 months here lol, use a little imagination man smile_o.gif. gotta love easter eggs ,they get the old grey matter working .

@bravo6

It's pretty obvious to me. The blog is not there to expose ArmA to the press (ffs). It's there to provide a prequel to the campaign. That's not tortue, just a gift to the loyal fans. xmas_o.gif I doubt it will give out any info about the game itself.

So if you don't like the blog thing then just ignore it.

The blog is not there to expose ArmA to the press (hum..)

That's not tortue, just a gift to the loyal fans.(if its not updated frequently, its torture)

I doubt it will give out any info about the game itself.(what about that island image?)

(what about that island image?)

I cant call a not ingame map real info about the game, it doesnt even have a scale thing  tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

We just know the name and the shape, thats all  tounge2.gif

EDIT: Made the quote easier to understand.

Guest Ti0n3r
That's not tortue, just a gift to if its not updated frequently, its torture

what about that island image?

If you really think that's torture then you need to get a hobby. yay.gif

What I meant was that I doubt there will be blog entries like "Today I saw a blackhawk with 2 manable machine guns" or "Today the weather was clear and the viewdistance was about 5km, it didnt kill my FPS".

heheh its like everyone needs a new shot of arma too keep em high {give me more } biggrin_o.gif

Is it just me or does the northern part looks ALOT like the southern part of everon turned 180 degrees

confused_o.gif