txalin

William Porter's Blog

I found some islands,which look a bit alike "Sarah".But in one way or another,they are different.

er how long did the blog for resistance last till there was a trailer or a demo!?!?!?!? help.gif

Hey, the guy is from Rhode Island, have some understanding. tounge2.gif

Har har har... icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm gonna tell my friends Vinny and Rocco you said that...they'll take you for a little ride on Federal Hill and introduce your knees to a baseball bat...

wink_o.gif

This is great! Very nice one :-D

Although Kyle, why would you keep this secret from the rest of us?

Several things crossed my mind:

1. If I was wrong about this, and I went around telling everyone like it was some sort of message from God then I'd look like a damn moron when everyone already knew about it.

2. It seemed a little too secret to me upon further examination, when I was positive that it was new and nobody else knew about it, I questioned wether or not I was supposed to be seeing it (I thought maybe BIS made a mistake and this isn't supposed to be for our eyes). I honestly (and surprisingly) found myself putting BIS' interests before mine.

3. After I finaly agreed with myself that this was another trick BIS was playing to secretly give us information about ArmA, I wanted to make sure that nobody else would claim credit for finding it. Hey, it's something worth being credited for.

4. Since it was such a brilliant idea on BIS' behalf (so I thought to myself), I didn't want to see their fun blog game immediately ruined by someone who didn't go along with their clever act. Was I right community memebers? Wouldn't it have?

5. If it had been kept secret and known to only a handful of community members, I was thinking, it could be a logical possibility that future posts would contain more information or, since only a few people would know about it, BIS would share more secrets as a reward for finding their secret page and playing along with their William Porter blog - a logical assumption, though unfortunately such a goal could never be realized unless the first few people to find it were very dedicated to keeping it secret (as I tried to be). Was I right in thinking that at the time BIS? wink_o.gif (even if the answer is only what could have been)

I would have had more reasons eventually had the secret not spread so quickly, though I feel a lot better now that the air has been cleared. wink_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]56. American Soldier  |  April 4th, 2006 at 9:44 pm

William,

Drop me an email.

mysoldierlife@gmail.com

Thanks for the link!

Is that a 'gotcha'?  Or just a fine mannered BIS fan with a big time blog of his own?

Both would be great.  biggrin_o.gif

Is the guy in the car wearing desert camo?

Does this blog mean we are getting close to release? I figure the game would be released at the part he goes into action...and how much can they update the blog?

Either way, its damn cool.

Also, look at the map...if that is a 400km island, those are some pretty damn big cities.

Not so much the island shape but the whole scenerio looks to be taken from North/South Korea.

-communist north

-US stationed in the south

-north has more guns

-Democratic People's Republic of Korea sounds like Democratic Republic of Sahrani

-"The south part of Sahrani where we are is a young country ruled by a king (a monarchy) that apparently gets along with us, and they’ve asked us for help because frankly, they’re afraid of their northern neighbor"

Anyone else notice?

Yeah I noticed that a while ago but I also thought it was reversed because I could've swore in some interview it was Friendly North and Communist South.

Also, look at the map...if that is a 400km island, those are some pretty damn big cities.

Hmm just a thought.

According to http://www.bistudio.com/games/ofaa.html it's a 400km sq map.

According to http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/ArmA_Progress_Update.html it's a 200Km sq landmass.

Looking at that image, the island (landmass) is about half the total area - so the two sources don't conflict. The actual land is 200 sq km and the land+sea is 400 sq km.

This is great! Very nice one :-D

Although Kyle, why would you keep this secret from the rest of us?

Several things crossed my mind:

1. If I was wrong about this, and I went around telling everyone like it was some sort of message from God then I'd look like a damn moron when everyone already knew about it.

2. It seemed a little too secret to me upon further examination, when I was positive that it was new and nobody else knew about it, I questioned wether or not I was supposed to be seeing it (I thought maybe BIS made a mistake and this isn't supposed to be for our eyes). I honestly (and surprisingly) found myself putting BIS' interests before mine.

3. After I finaly agreed with myself that this was another trick BIS was playing to secretly give us information about ArmA, I wanted to make sure that nobody else would claim credit for finding it. Hey, it's something worth being credited for.

4. Since it was such a brilliant idea on BIS' behalf (so I thought to myself), I didn't want to see their fun blog game immediately ruined by someone who didn't go along with their clever act. Was I right community memebers? Wouldn't it have?

5. If it had been kept secret and known to only a handful of community members, I was thinking, it could be a logical possibility that future posts would contain more information or, since only a few people would know about it, BIS would share more secrets as a reward for finding their secret page and playing along with their William Porter blog - a logical assumption, though unfortunately such a goal could never be realized unless the first few people to find it were very dedicated to keeping it secret (as I tried to be). Was I right in thinking that at the time BIS? wink_o.gif (even if the answer is only what could have been)

I would have had more reasons eventually had the secret not spread so quickly, though I feel a lot better now that the air has been cleared. wink_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif

I still dont get it mate - although I dont blaim you.

1st. Why would you be wrong about this? The URL of the blog speaks for itself. If you were afraid that it wasn't known to the community, it doesn't make any sence that you made an angry reply as the first poster in this topic.

2. Did you honestly think that BIS would make a fictionary diary of a life as soldier on sarah?

3. Okay - I can understand this. Of course you want to be credited for such a nice found. But what did you expect?

Next time, e-mail me and ill give ya credit on arma.dk wink_o.gif

4. You can argue that the blogging would be flawless as long as only the developers have the chance to comment on it. But that won't bring the news to the community and therefor not have any purpose. Why would it be ruined by community members - and how would that be different than now? (I think I get some of your point and I agree - some of the community members are bitching about things they don't even know about... But that is normal for kids and other smaller beings.)

5. Do you really believe that?

Again, I am not trying to diss you kyle. But I still think you made the wrong decision (which is okay), but you shouldn't have done folish negative comments on this topic poster.

How big was nogova? Because if the island is 400km square, a mountian is no big deal, just a bump in the country. Howfuly the game will run smother with more soldiers, so we can actualy populate the place!

Again, I am not trying to diss you kyle. But I still think you made the wrong decision (which is okay), but you shouldn't have done folish negative comments on this topic poster.

Wether the decision is wrong or right isn't for anyone to decide but ourselves, but I made a decision based on what I thought at that time. Now, in time I would have made a post here, but at the time I had to consider why BIS was keeping it secret in the first place. If they wanted everyone to know they would have told us themselves, but the fact they didn't tell everyone might suggest that they didn't want everyone to know (recall the "Behind the scenes" thread). And I would like to appologize if any of my comments seemed directed towards anyone here, but rest assured I'm not blaming any of them or anything, I wasn't trying to be offensive to anyone if that's what you mean.

Alright, lets not get off topic. It appears that now everyone is posting comments, I have to say I find it a little irritating. I think some of the people are getting a little too carried away with their comments.

I like the idea of the blog, I just don't trust the community as much as I should - though I do have my reasons. I'm looking forward to new entries, but I doubt I'll be checking the comments too often anymore.

As for everyone who is complaining about the size of the island, I really don't see your point, nor what difference it makes. The blog mentions that there is more to the island than what is pictured, ragardless of how you interpret that it still means there's something that you don't know yet, therefore you cannot judge it. I trust BIS and will hold my opinions until I have purchased, played, and thouroughly examined a copy Armed Assault.

I like the idea of the blog, I just don't trust the community as much as I should - though I do have my reasons. I'm looking forward to new entries, but I doubt I'll be checking the comments too often anymore.

You're not gonna win many friends with that kind of statement.

Whether or not it was intentional, this comment feature is publicly accessible - also whether or not you were the "discoverer" of it. People can write whatever BIS deems acceptable. If they think it's out of hand, they'll do something about it.

Personally I like the interactive nature of this 'blog'. I think people should be allowed to comment in whatever way they think they wish to express themselves. I haven't seen anything blatantly negative yet. If you feel differently about it... then I'm sorry the community doesn't live up to your standards.

Dont make this the kylesarnik thread please. It's a bit much already. whistle.gif

I have two ontopic questions for anyone who knows...

Have they shown any shots of the "resistance" side? I guess that would be the south.

The communist north from what I've seen in the video/screens appear to be 1985 russians. Now are they older demo placeholders because they look to cold war russian to be "mistaken" for a new side IMO.

kyle, you're an idiot.  just stating what most ppl are prolly thinking at the moment.

next time you see sumthin, tell us immediately.

ty ggz.

kyle, you're an idiot. just stating what most ppl are prolly thinking at the moment.

I've spoken to you previously about flaming/flamebaiting I believe? For the 2nd and last time, do not do it on these forums please, we don't tolerate such behaviour here.

sorry placebo, but i think you'll find that somebody slandered me last time.

however, sorry kyle...next time just give us the news as we would you.  peace.

Have they shown any shots of the "resistance" side? I guess that would be the south.

The communist north from what I've seen in the video/screens appear to be 1985 russians. Now are they older demo placeholders because they look to cold war russian to be "mistaken" for a new side IMO.

No, we haven't seen any sign of the Resistance/Southern Army yet.

Placebo has pretty much confirmed that the Russians and some other items in the video are placeholders. (The Russian soldier/spetnaz models were lifted directly from OFP:E)

sory I havn't been folowing the development of ArmA so closely but wasen't ArmA also a update of OFP and the old campaign? -reason to having russians soldiers.

STGN

The content/campaigns from OFP will not be in Arma.

The content/campaigns from OFP will not be in Arma.

I don't mind it, after playing OFP for countless hours I'm up for something new and fresh. smile_o.gif And William Porter's Blog is just that. yay.gif

Err, yes back to the topic.

Who do we think is behind William Porter? I have to wonder if it isn't our old friend Placebo. smile_o.gif