txalin

William Porter's Blog

Guest Ti0n3r

Interesting blogg. yay.gif

there's a little land mass that connects 2 parts of the island...a nice defense scenario would be having a few bunkers there with hedgehogs.

i know we're humans and all, but the crazy slavery of our spikey friends HAS TO END NOW!!

Nice one, I also just found it when I have been looking for Armed Assault. There are some really nice informations and the story seems to be interesting...

I hope there will be a new entry soon :xmas:

Btw. I have translatet the entry from the 3th April into German and postet it on OFP.4Players.de, I hope it's okay for the BIS team smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Infos über Sahrani

Habe gerade nochmal den Text überprüft, scheint okay zu sein und ich schicke ihn jetzt ab... so, da ist er, einige Infos darüber, wo ich herkomme und was wir hier eigentlich tun.

Die Insel wird Sahrani genannt und auch genauso ausgesprochen wie geschrieben, obwohl wir eigentlich damit begonnen haben sie "Sarah" zu nennen! Die Mission ist nicht sehr bekannt, obwohl sie nicht "schwarz", geheim oder sonstwas ist und ihr habt vielleicht darüber in der Zeitung gelesen.

Wir sind nur eine Kompanie, ein paar Einheiten nicht mehr, und unsere Aufgabe istt es, das örtliche sahranische Mitlitär auszubilden, so das sie die Insel alleine sichern und verteidigen können, wenn es dazu in der Zukunft kommen sollte.

Jetzt versucht bitte nicht gleich einzuschlafen während ich mit der Geologierstunde beginne...

Zur politischen Situation, die Insel ist in zwei Staaten unterteilt. Der südliche Teil ist das, wo wir uns gerade befinden und der nördliche Teil gehört zu einem almodischen, kommunistischen Überbleibsel des Kalten Krieges, geannt die "Demokratische Repuplic von Sahrani", welche gegenwärtig nicht sehr weit von uns entfernt auf einem anderen Teil der Insel ist.

Ich habe keine Karte des gesamten Gebiets, aber ich habe das gepostet was ich habe. Falls jemand eine größere Karte, mit mehr der lokalen Inseln haben sollte, so kann er diese gerne in den Kommentaren posten.

Der südliche Teil Saharins wo wir sind, ist ein noch junges Land, regiert von einem König (also eine Monarchie) die anscheinen Fortschritte macht und uns um Hilfe gebeten hat, denn sie haben Angst vor ihrem nödlichen Nachbarn. Die Gegend, dieGrenzen und die politische Situation sind alle sehr ruhig, aber ich denke alles kann passieren und ein Nachbar mit jeder menge Waffen die nur darauf warten eingesetzt zu werden, das kann schon sehr beängstigend sein, darum sind wir hier!

Im Allgemeinen ist es aber für uns die meiste Zeit nicht mehr als ein Urlaub gewesen, mit jeder Menge Freizeit und es sieht auch so aus als ob das so bleiben wird bis wir fertig und gegangen sind.

With best regards

M-E

From the comments :

Quote[/b] ]

William porter:

We are planning a small trip to the beach resort on the South of the Island so I’m going to show you some photos as soon as I’ll be back

Looks like we'll get some more screenys soon biggrin_o.gif

Loving this blog idea, great and original way to advertise the game. Only other game thats done this i belive was stalker, with the research blogs and such on the site. Although that game still isnt out.

BIS really needs someone who speaks better English - as soon as I'll be back? What kind of grammar is that?

I vote they use Placebo - his posts are eloquent enough!

Arnold Schwarzenegger English :P But it a very very fun idea.

BIS really needs someone who speaks better English - as soon as I'll be back? What kind of grammar is that?

I vote they use Placebo - his posts are eloquent enough!

Hey, the guy is from Rhode Island, have some understanding. tounge2.gif

What a refreshing way to introduce a game to people who never have played OFP or don't know about ArmA.

Anyone else notice that the links are to actual, real blogs and pages concerning important world affairs? The realism of this game to the worlds military's makes for a fine line between life, and gaming.

Also, alot of info was in that blog for us. The island is in the Atlantic, somewhere. Add to that it mentioned him wishing he had a larger map to show the local islands. That opens alot of future doors to this game, and to the modding and campaign community. Stories could go any direction.

Who's to say that the border isn't at the choke point....I would also assume it is, just from a strategic standpoint but I could also imagine it just a tad north of that area, where the roads are in a upside down triangle set.

With such a well done blog, with no mention of "game" or release dates wouldn't it be a interesting if a actual news outlet fubared and had a story wondering about the US involvement in a place they don't know about? Hey, don't laugh at me, just look at the news outlets on tv, sometimes I wonder if they get a little to worked up like fans waiting for Arma wink_o.gif

and I'm glad I share the first name with our blogger, cool biggrin_o.gif

What a refreshing way to introduce a game to people who never have played OFP or don't know about ArmA.

Anyone else notice that the links are to actual, real blogs and pages concerning important world affairs? The realism of this game to the worlds military's makes for a fine line between life, and gaming.

Also, alot of info was in that blog for us. The island is in the Atlantic, somewhere. Add to that it mentioned him wishing he had a larger map to show the local islands. That opens alot of future doors to this game, and to the modding and campaign community. Stories could go any direction.

Who's to say that the border isn't at the choke point....I would also assume it is, just from a strategic standpoint but I could also imagine it just a tad north of that area, where the roads are in a upside down triangle set.

With such a well done blog, with no mention of "game" or release dates wouldn't it be a interesting if a actual news outlet fubared and had a story wondering about the US involvement in a place they don't know about? Hey, don't laugh at me, just look at the news outlets on tv, sometimes I wonder if they get a little to worked up like fans waiting for Arma wink_o.gif

and I'm glad I share the first name with our blogger, cool biggrin_o.gif

well put... I totally agree with you smile_o.gif

This is like an RPG game just before the real game biggrin_o.gif

Brilliant idea! And a awesome map!

Everyone has a blog these days, even people on fictional

islands.

Scary... crazy_o.gif

Blogvertising?

Can anyone else list some games (if any) that used blogs to spread information about their games?

I like this Porter guy already.  I'm hoping that he's one of the soldiers we play as.

Microsoft Flightsim 10

https://blogs.msdn.com/tdragger/default.aspx

im a bit confused so this is an arma picture?

edit: cool just noticed that the window is "wound down" tounge2.gif

frank1.jpg

And hes looking out the window aswell rather than looking forward like in OFP yay.gif

I guess it is yes.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe, when I can find a good picture of me, I’ll put it up here. I never can find a good one. I’m going to get a digital camera though, hopefully one that takes videos, and then I’ll see what kind of pictures I can take to let everybody know what it’s like here.

Seems we get a video too, appart form the pics yay.gif

o damn i cant wait! for that new video tounge2.gifinlove.gif

that driver in that pic looks almost identical to VBS1 head huh.gif

What a lovely idea,complete pessimists and soap opera stuff aside.

I like it and I like the island,looks great.Maybe that Southern part is almost as big as Malden ?

that driver in that pic looks almost identical to VBS1 head huh.gif

So? =) ArmA has much more new features I guess. One interview even said rivers are supported in a limited way. smile_o.gif

...name of the island is very...let`s say strange when translated on my language. biggrin_o.gif

sahrana means funneral,

but when said in a meaning of like: i was on someones funneral, it`s sahrani then.

hmm...i allready see a lot of funny speling wow_o.gifhuh.gif

Crimea (Ukraine)? That's the closest so far.

Hold on. smile_o.gif

Nogova wasn't based on anything (at least not that we know of) so my guess it's entirely fictional, like Nogova.

I don't like the look on those mountains. It sort of looks like Kolgujev. No offense to Kolgujev, it has it's charm but it's the crappiest island of the original three. Other than that, it looks sweet.