txalin

William Porter's Blog

Quote[/b] ]No, you need 12 unless you dont need goalkeepers.

In football the goalie is included in the eleven players, the substitutes are not.

Wikipedia: football

Regards,

Sander

Ok enough arguing about how many people on a soccer team.  mad_o.gif

wow now we can simulate hooligans making trouble after a match!

Who is going to make a big stadium? biggrin_o.gif

(ball looks photoshopped to me too :P )

thumbs-up.gif

Juan Antonio Samaranch was not a football player.

From the wikipedia

Samaranch, born into a rich family, studied commerce at IESE Business School. He had been the chef de mission of the Spanish team at a number of Olympic events, before he was appointed as the Government Secretary for Sports by Spanish fascist dictator Francisco Franco in 1966, also becoming the president of the Spanish National Olympic Committee and a member of the IOC.

Also:

Samaranch was a controversial figure as the head of the IOC, receiving sustained criticism from a number of former athletes, politicians, and most notably British journalist Andrew Jennings in a series of books and television documentaries. Samaranch was a senior bureaucrat and (arguably) politician in a fascist regime, and many people found such a background repugnant. According to critics, Samaranch was autocratic and intolerant of dissenting voices both within and outside the organisation, with a culture of secrecy surrounding its decisions. A number of incidents of outright corruption of IOC members occurred under Samaranch's reign, which critics claim was indicative of a widespread culture of favours extorted from bidding cities by IOC members. Samaranch did, in his last years in the organisation, take steps to curb some of these excesses, but it is argued that Samaranch must have been aware of the culture for much of his reign and only acted after media pressure, much of which resulted from the scandals involving the Salt Lake City Winter Games of 2002.

So, no thanks.

the most important issue is : will it be possible to play soccer in AmA?

photo is posture for Will´s story on Sahrani before war

Im pretty sure we wont be able to smile_o.gif

One word: scripts! nener.gif

I can see the action menu befor my inner eye.... and the frantic scrolling through the humonguos list for the right action as someone is comming towards you like a runaway train.

"WHERE IS PASS THE BALL!?!?!?"..... rofl.gif

Soccer (football for europeans) was already partially implemented in OFP1

The soccer ball has zero gravity and you can kick it by just bumping it.

oh seriously?! biggrin_o.gif man i never though of trying that, hehe i just tested it like a few times shooting it or blowing it far far away with a satchel charge rofl.gif i know totally overdoing it but if thats what it takes smile_o.gif

The goalie does look a little stiff in his posture -- almost as if he were waiting for a bus.

Just thinking about the Blog and the interaction with people in Sahrani. I like the postcards, the views on life and the perspective of S. Saharani being this peaceful paradise. Kind of makes you care about it and not want the destruction you know is coming. I think this approach, and possibly some news flashes would be a great way to advertise ArmA on the large scale. Different to be sure.

Quote[/b] ]and possibly some news flashes

Thats quite a neat idea, could set up a fake 'News' site and have it linked on wills site. He can then say things like 'im sure youve heard of the recent (linky) news' and just have some mock up news story on the situtation on the island etc..

Meh.. just an idea. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]and possibly some news flashes

Thats quite a neat idea, could set up a fake 'News' site and have it linked on wills site. He can then say things like 'im sure youve heard of the recent (linky) news' and just have some mock up news story on the situtation on the island etc..

Meh.. just an idea. whistle.gif

The Paraiso Times

biggrin_o.gif

Hehe...some time ago i made a Wallpaper including some 'newssites' of the 'Sharani times'

> click <

Sweet, although, to bad there wont be T90's ... I guess the returned them with this response: "We were not happy with the T90 instead we are sticking to our old but gold, T72! T72 we love you!" xmas_o.gif

What do you feel about the fact that WIlliam Porter wont be in the game? huh.gif

Hehe...some time ago i made a Wallpaper including some 'newssites' of the 'Sharani times'

> click <

There are some typos in your wallpaper too.

> click <

You should have used Colonel Klink's trawler, that nice transparent bluish water and McNool's island in the background instead of that RL pic mad_o.giftounge2.gif but nice anyway! biggrin_o.gif