txalin

William Porter's Blog

Oh my god you people have some crazy high standards for this game. I'd be happy enough if they only have in-game joining, let alone shadows and tree swaying and wow.

Oh my god you people have some crazy high standards for this game. I'd be happy enough if they only have in-game joining, let alone shadows and tree swaying and wow.

Well, the people who don't have such high expectations aren't the ones talking. whistle.gif

Either that, or the OFP community doesn't have any in its ranks.  smile_o.gif

Arrg, ok.

So I guess I can complain about the AI skill of teammates over and over again.

I'll be happy when both sides have survival instincts that prevent easy kills. Hopefully I won't see the enemy half the time because they are hiding behind cover. pistols.gif

Agreed. I also hope that the new engine makes standing characters less sore-thumbish (ie, they stick out less). Even when you were hiding, if you stood in OFP, it was like they could see through barriers.

What's happened to Will these days? huh.gif

He's probably in a Northern Sahrani gulag crazy_o.gif

I bet he still hunting rabbits..

Anyway its very odd they had no enemy contact yet.. did they?

Strange Communist didn't make a move yet. Maybe they are preparing some intense attack. Though Communists seem soft on that island.. Normally Dictators are tough and aggressive.

When the bullets starts whizzing he might not have time to remember to take some pics nor videos.. confused_o.gif

I guess the last blog post will be that things are heating up bla bla bla bla

you know, when the game's released and then the blog "story" continues in the game

seems logical? whistle.gif

I guess the last blog post will be that things are heating up bla bla bla bla

you know, when the game's released and then the blog "story" continues in the game

seems logical? whistle.gif

Probably, i dont think that this blog will report anything about the fighting... smile_o.gif

I read somewhere that Will is just about to finnish his tour of duty when the North invades. So if i remember correctly he's only been on the island a couple of months which gives BIS ample time to post more scenic screenshots. I don't know about US forces but an average tour is about 4-6 months. So the timeframe seems to be fitting into place with the release date.

Guest Ti0n3r

I don't think the DRS will attack until their supporters in the south make a move. whistle.gif

New civilian vehicle, and ammo and repair Urals. And flats equipped with conditioned air systems! biggrin_o.gif

I still don't like these trees.... Cypres? That's the name?

Judging from the past weeks, the blog now seems to be updated once a week, every tuesday afternoon (CET)

Haven't you promoted your site already?

Sorry for replying in English, although I can read French just fine my written French is terrible.

Haven't you promoted your site already?

Sorry for replying in English, although I can read French just fine my written French is terrible.

Well, even i was able to read it, and after 4 years of french lessons my french is still terrible wink_o.gif

Anyways,

Only english is allowed on this forum..

Seulement Anglais est autorisé a cet forum

Or something(cet means that IIRC, oh well)...   rofl.gif

Ontopic:

The last blog update was nice, i also liked the pics  smile_o.gif

We just changed our website at moment, new build ! yay.gif .

It same link that arma-fr.com.(arma french community)  smile_o.gif

You are welcome !

My english is not still terrible !! sorry rofl.gif

The blog is neat and the ofp.info website has yet another interview (rpg gamers) and on page 2 or 3 when asked when production of AA began,they said 2005,hmm...and here we all thought it was before whistle.gif

I like the new pics,different faces, But I believe that blackhawk pic is an early one,or its perfectly clear weather..which seems to be true....

In terms of visual aside from the excellent models,the biggest graphic change I can see is normal maps,now yes we didnt really care about such things in OFP,the only reason I'm really for normal maps is..well,because of their reason,making a 2D object look even more 3D,less faces we'd have to use and all that. But I'm more interested in the code...I can't wait for them to show a picture or short video of soldiers using both miniguns on the blackhawk.