Sign in to follow this  
Russkie

Should I get Resistance?

I have a copy of the original Flashpoint game, but never had the chance to buy the Resistance expansion. Is it better to wait for the new Armed Assault game to be released(which is close)?

Plus, I would need a new computer since my hardware is all dating back all the way to the year 2000. At least Flashpoint works well with it. biggrin_o.gif

You'd be missing out on a kick-arse campaign, but however it would run kinda shithouse on a cpu made in 2000. Atleast it did with my old machine.

P4 1.4ghz, 128mb ram, 20gb hd, geforce 2 mx 32mb...

I'd suggest you get ArmAs + Resistance, but make sure your system is up to scratch first.

What's the average number of players and servers online playing Resistance online?

I tried to find servers for the original flashpoint game and there is virtually no servers and no players online.

The other thing I fear is once AA is released, everyone will dump Resistance and flock over to AA.

Resistance you could get at amazon.com for such a low price, hell, might as well get GOTY edition instead for the Red Hammer campaign included.

Espectro from Arma.dk has said that original content from OFP will NOT be included in Armed Assault. I'm not sure where these sources are from but it's something to consider.

Of course you can wait for ArmA, AND wait for someone to conver the BIS campaigns from OFP over to Armed Assault.  Should take a day if any mod makers here plan on getting ArmA the day of release (which is likely, I know I am).

So really, if you can't wait, hell go and buy it.  If you can, wait for ArmA.  I do say Resistance is a great campaign and will keep you busy in time for when ArmA is released.

You also got tons of mods you could download like FDF and BAS, etc.  Most of which require resistance.

So, if you get it now, it can't hurt too much if money is not a problem.

What's the average number of players and servers online playing Resistance online?

About 150+ players in the middle of the day. Still hard to find a server with no JIP however.

The other thing I fear is once AA is released, everyone will dump Resistance and flock over to AA.

Very likely.

Just try to buy Resistance. It wont be that expensive wink_o.gif. Or otherwise try to buy the goty edition somewhere. I think waiting for a game is lame. Enjoy OFP as long as you can and when Arma is released you got time enough to convert. Buying resistance wont be a waste of money. Trust me smile_o.gif

Rotten

No don't buy Resistence. It sucks and it's a big waste of time.

What do you expect the reply will be on a forum that's fully based on Resistence? Everyone will say buy it. Arma is still not in stores, still a while before it's released. If you don't buy Res. you'll miss out on alot. Of course buy it. Res. is a classic, and a must have. We should have a pinned topic, "Thinking about buying Resistence?, BUY IT NOW!"

No don't buy Resistence. It sucks and it's a big waste of time.

What do you expect the reply will be on a forum that's fully based on Resistence? Everyone will say buy it. Arma is still not in stores, still a while before it's released. If you don't buy Res. you'll miss out on alot. Of course buy it. Res. is a classic, and a must have. We should have a pinned topic, "Thinking about buying Resistence?, BUY IT NOW!"

I would definately second that idea!

Of course you should buy it. Or better yet, buy GOTY, there you have CWC, Resistance and Red hammer, all nicely bundled up in one great package. inlove.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Like everyone said - Buy it. Probably the best Ofp campaign there is + it improves the engine alot.

This is a useless post smile_o.gif

I have a feeling that BIS is going to delay the release of AA again. At least that's good for me, gives me time to settle with Resistance.

Sometimes when i reinstalled OFP i used to play around a bit before installing resistance.. resistance is a must gave, it makes the game look much better, higher resolution textures, Nogova has some awsome artwork, ingame server browser, better netcode and the addons available are amazing. The campaign is cheesy compared with CWC but the improvements to the original game are huge, get it now, you should have done it years ago, its still very worth it smile_o.gif .

Just bought it on Ebay for 15 USD(that's with shipping).

Buy it... and don´t forget to add the FFUR 2006 mod. It rules!!!

First time I´vd heard of Armed Assault. I knew there was an OPF 2 game coming up.

After looking at the AA trailer, it looks like Flashpoint with just a updated engine.

Nothing special...

confused_o.gif

Whilst there wasn't much point to the thread to begin with, the fact you've now bought Resistance means it lost the point it had.