Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

US DSAI Extension v1.1

@rollnloop

"aware_16 sound is missing"

If i remember rightly i had that and fixed it a while back. If you open ECP_Settings and scroll down to (// CAM_DSAI_Extension - US Retreat Sounds.) and change "us_aware16" to "us_retreat016" and the same with a few others that says us_aware to us_retreat on the same line, it should fix the problem. It did for me.

Hope that helps.

smile_o.gif

Could we use it in other MOD, such as FDF ? Or how can I add the effect to an addon pack? For example, how to use it in my Russian army pack addon in the config file?

She only works with ECP, I'm afraid. Unless you find a way to include DSAI in your mod - which I am not going to even try (though the ECP team may help you), this addon will just be a bunch of sounds. Though you can always use them like that, if you wish.

It appears I have another fix to be working on. sad_o.gif

Cool mod, I haven't tried it yet but I will tomorrow. Also I was wondering, is what they say random? Will they just say "I could really go for a roast beef sandwich right now" in the middle of a firefight?

Hahaha - no, not quite. The sounds are separated into categories, eg, "Combat," "Aware," "Retreat," "Grenade," "Idle," etc.

Thus, you can't get "Idle" chatter in a combat situation. wink_o.gif

@rollnloop

"aware_16 sound is missing"

If i remember rightly i had that and fixed it a while back. If you open ECP_Settings and scroll down to (// CAM_DSAI_Extension - US Retreat Sounds.) and change "us_aware16" to "us_retreat016" and the same with a few others that says us_aware to us_retreat on the same line, it should fix the problem. It did for me.

Hope that helps.

smile_o.gif

Just did it, thanks for the trick smile_o.gif

Hahaha - no, not quite. The sounds are separated into categories, eg, "Combat," "Aware," "Retreat," "Grenade," "Idle," etc.

Thus, you can't get "Idle" chatter in a combat situation.  wink_o.gif

Oh, ok biggrin_o.gif. I'm going to check it out now.

Great stuff mr. McDonald! I always thought the AI chatter was one of the best ECP features. I understand you were very careful in choosing only the most appropriate samples. Nevertheless, rather absurd situations have occurd biggrin_o.gif I was testing the DSAI using the classic Battlefields missions: dozens of AI are bound to say a lot of things. At first, the atmosphere was great, and the troops went bananas when they spotted armour. Then, the fighting commenced: grenades landing everywhere, bullets whizzing by, whiteouts caused by shock; seriously intense stuff. All the while the soldiers are shouting and complaining as they would in real life. Suddenly, our M2A2 was taken out by an enemy BMP2. BOOOOM! The blast threw me off my feet, debris was everywhere... Burning crewmen bailed out, screaming as if that would help douse the flames.

Nothing would be wrong with that, except that at the exact same moment the medic lying next to me uttered these eternal words:

"Shh... I think I hear something."

I just couldn't stop laughing.

" wink_o.gif

Maybe the boom from the m2a2 explosion damaged his hearing, but was then overjoyed when his hearing came back. LMAO!

rofl.gif

I love this extension, but I think overall the voices are way too loud... e.g. if a soldier is 150m away and talking... you can hear him as if he is like 20m away, and that's pretty bothering for me smile_o.gif

I want to edit the sounds and make em lower volume.. Could you please explain the 2 values used for configuring sounds, I have been playing a bit but don't fully understand it yet:

from default config:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rus1

{

name="$STR_CFG_SOUNDS_RUS1";

sound[]={"voices\rus_amerikanskije",0.100000,1.000000};

titles[]={};

};

What is the first value and what is the 2nd value, and how do they compare to eachother.. thanks for any insights smile_o.gif

PS... sounds are cool, bit isn't this getting a bit memory hungry? ECP DSAI Addons are about 70mb, which get preloaded, then your extension is 30mb, that makes 100mb for only extra sounds, I smell out-of-memory errors coming up smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]sound[]={"voices\rus_amerikanskije",0.100000,1.000000};

IIRC the first value 0.100000 should be the volume of the sound being played,

The second value 1.000000 should be the pitch so in this case its 1 pitch on the sound and 0.1 volume.

However it could be the other way around but im pretty sure i was right the first time.

Try editing the sounds in a mission without ECP that way its much easier to test.

IIRC the first value 0.100000 should be the volume of the sound being played,

The second value 1.000000 should be the pitch so in this case its 1 pitch on the sound and 0.1 volume.

However it could be the other way around but im pretty sure i was right the first time.

Try editing the sounds in a mission without ECP that way its much easier to test.

Thank you very much!! I'm on it smile_o.gif

Lemme know how you go, Sickboy.

Also, I don't need to worry about "Out of memory" errors - sadly, I run a nutcase machine. I beg pardon from everyone else, though. sad_o.gif

Lemme know how you go, Sickboy.

Also, I don't need to worry about "Out of memory" errors - sadly, I run a nutcase machine. I beg pardon from everyone else, though. sad_o.gif

Lol, Cameron, Out of Memory Errors are not there because I have too less ram (3gb), but because OFP's engine limitatation... it can only load up to 512MB of addons in memory, when it goes over... it crashes with Out of Memory error, code change required.

Since the usage of so many quality addons, we are nicking that limit very near, most of the time smile_o.gif

This is a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Is there anyway to use these sounds in the normal flashpoint or with some other mod.

Well, you can if you want. Stick them in your addon folder, and then play sounds the normal way (either use triggers, or unit say "whatever").

Sadly, no other mod has DSAI, though.

Thanks very much for the that man. Love the ACU troops btw. Have them in my Mod.

Glad you like them too - there'll be a nice patch out in a few days, so keep them blinkers peeled. wink_o.gif

Thanks man. just asking why did you choose the updated faces over the BIS faces. I just having some problems getting them random. Same face all the time

Part of the mod (FacePlant's) aim is to have every unit in the mod with Llauma's new head (among other things). I haven't played OFP with BIS heads for at least half a year now.

And I'm guessing your non-random face only happens with units using the FP_US_I1 model? It's a bug, which will be fixed in the upcoming patch (I spent many a painful hour fixing it). Good job on spotting it.

if you could do the same with german voices for the ww2, that would be hum hum!! really really cool. tounge2.gif

I think the OFP original faces were quite well done.

The llauma faces have a really vacant slightly agressive stare,

Freaky.

Any valid links to the original DSAI for ECP 1.085?

Did'nt download it when it came out, now I can't find one.