Sign in to follow this  
Extremeus Decimus

Hearts of Iron II : Doomsday

Hearts of Iron II : Doomsday demo has been released, haven't seen many mirrors up yet but Filefront has it

Hearts Of Iron II : Doomsday Demo

Not sure if anyone here plays HOI2, but i thought some people might want to know. smile_o.gif

For those that have never heard of Hearts of Iron 2, It's a real time large scale stratergy game where you can choose any nation on the planet and refight WW2 and with the expansion, up to 1953 anyway you please.

On having a quick test of the demo, they've included the full tutorial plus quite a few scenerios (about 10 - 15), which is better then the previous Hearts of Iron II demo (only had 1 scenerio).

The demo is the full game with a three hour time limit on it. Overall, I like the improvements but I hate going back to the unmodded version of the game - it's like playing the unmodded version of OFP after you've played FFUR or the Finmod versions. I also preordered my copy, wish they'd just give me the activation code to unlock the demo. Make things so much easier.

I'm an old fan of the Paradox line of games to.Great games, more than worth their money.Great customer support, good modding community, also just very pleasent community.

The demo is the full game with a three hour time limit on it. Overall, I like the improvements but I hate going back to the unmodded version of the game - it's like playing the unmodded version of OFP after you've played FFUR or the Finmod versions. I also preordered my copy, wish they'd just give me the activation code to unlock the demo. Make things so much easier.

What mods are you playing with? From what I've seen HSR seems to be the most robust, but the changes to combat and its mechanics are sometimes just too much for me, especially with amphibious assaults.

We play it here on a LAN alot, but its often plagued with strange bugs (techs and divisions vanishing due to lag), I really hope this is something Paradox have improved upon in DD, as its quite simply the best RTS to date.

I like the CORE and HIP (Historical Improvement Project) mods. I'll get the Cold War mod if they ever release anything. icon_rolleyes.gif