Sign in to follow this  
[lol]clan killer bee

Mapfact Powerswitch

Ello I had a question about a option I have and a problem I have with it  !

It is about the powerswitch that is from the mapfact addon !

This is the powerswitch

powerswitch.jpg

There is this .sqs hooked to it  

Quote[/b] ]_Schalter = _this select 0

#Runde

@ (_Schalter animationPhase "Component02" >= 0.5) or (not alive _Schalter)

(lamp1) switchlight "off"

(object 46860) switchlight "off"

(object 9482) switchlight "off"

(object 49132) switchlight "off"

(object 44323) switchlight "off"

(object 44322) switchlight "off"

(object 44321) switchlight "off"

(object 44319) switchlight "off"

(object 44320) switchlight "off"

? (not alive _Schalter):exit

@ _Schalter animationPhase "Component02" < 0.5 or (not alive _Schalter)

? (not alive _Schalter):exit

(lamp1) switchlight "on"

(object 46860) switchlight "on"

(object 9482) switchlight "on"

(object 49132) switchlight "on"

(object 44323) switchlight "on"

(object 44322) switchlight "on"

(object 44321) switchlight "on"

(object 44319) switchlight "on"

(object 44320) switchlight "on"

Goto "Runde"

The thing is that if I use the ID of a light and switch it on it works fine, right hight  !

Now I put a light in from objects and this is what happends !

lamp.jpg

The light is in the middle of the pole  !

There is no ID because I edit it in the mission so I named it <span style='color:red'>LAMP1</span>

Is there anyone having a clue how to solve this ?

Maybe there is also someone help me with this question ?

I have the mapfact radar that moves around and around .

mapfactradar.jpg

Is there a way to make it stop moving if you pull the switch on the powerswitch ?

Thank you for the help.gif .

Hope someone can help me out here ! notworthy.gif

Try<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">lamp1 inflame true/falsewith the lamps from "objects". smile_o.gif

Well take a look in the readme (if it had one) mabey there is someting like a animation name for it

then for example try this.

objectName animate ["animationname", 0]

or

objectName animate ["animationname", 1]

To me it sounds like a animation whit some kind of loop script attached to it so mabey you can over write it whit this

and another advice try asking it on there forum

Mapfact Forum

The Unknown

Well take a look in the readme (if it had one) mabey there is someting like a animation name for it

then for example try this.

objectName animate ["animationname", 0]

or

objectName animate ["animationname", 1]

To me it sounds like a animation whit some kind of loop script attached to it so mabey you can over write it whit this

and another advice try asking it on there forum

Mapfact Forum

The Unknown

I guess you misread his post wink_o.gif

His probelm is that the power switch works fine with the lamps from the islands but not with the addon lamps as the addon lamps are configged as fires (afaik).

But thanks for promoting our forums anyway smile_o.gif

Hmm the lamps I got to work but the problem is that if I do't use a ID but a addon I plaved myself the light is half in the pole and not where it should be  !

This is a lamp from the objects so a original lamppost from ofp  !

Any idea's ?

whistle.gif

clan Killer Bee @ Mar. 31 2006,21:34)]Hmm the lamps I got to work but the problem is that if I do't use a ID but a addon I plaved myself the light is half in the pole and not where it should be !

This is a lamp from the objects so a original lamppost from ofp !

Any idea's ?

whistle.gif

Did you try what I said?!

@unknown: Sorry, I must have misread your post banghead.gif

if i understand and i probably dont ,cause its the infamous bee from lol smile_o.gif..

you want the object /light to turn on and be in the correct position ?

then setpos it on the editors map.

to the height where ya want it, better still in the init.sqs

clan Killer Bee @ Mar. 31 2006,21:34)]Hmm the lamps I got to work but the problem is that if I do't use a ID but a addon I plaved myself the light is half in the pole and not where it should be  !

This is a lamp from the objects so a original lamppost from ofp  !

Any idea's ?

whistle.gif

Did you try what I said?!

@unknown: Sorry, I must have misread your post banghead.gif

Yes I have tried but no result  !

The light does work with the script I put on in my first post !

Problem is that the addedstreet lamp  light in not in the top of the streetlight where it suppose to be but in the middle of the pole  !

the poles who are already in the map ( they contain a ID number ) do work fine  !

And yes it is the insane clown from [LOL] DeanosBeano nener.gif

Isnt it a bug that cant be fixed?

how about you try to look for a seperated light and then set pos it in the holder of the street light

The Unknown

Well I think I have to add the light first, than edit it than put the light of in the init.sqs than test it lol !

WEll gonna try it this weekend if I have some time !

Thanks for the idea ! rofl.gif

Just want to add a little here.

I went through the same probs with my new lights I tried to add from the 'objects' area and I think also mapfact a few too, both of which required switchlight "ON', I never got them to work right, light always ended up in the middle, and worse off I was getting an intermitten crash while using the new light objects along with switchlight "ON". I did a very thourough search and found a few posts with the same probs, very old, and they never came up with a solution, but they did in fact agree that this can cause a crash.

I ended up quitting on the regular lights and went for the Reallights addon lamps, where they are activated by inflame true, indeed they flicker but at least they work right. Also I found that it seems the 2 wooden post Reallight lamps dont cause nearly as much background flickering as some others there, and the spotlights work well, with no flickering at all.

Id be interested to know if you do find a way to get the lights to work right, but according to the posts of similiar nature they never found a way around the bug.

Either way gl, thought id put down what ive experienced with this annoying light issue.

Lo Bee,

Editor placed resistance streetlamps will always have this bug on certain islands, because of how the ground level is defined. One some islands ground level is off by 1m. Certain streetlamp addons have fixed this, addons we do not have on LOL.

Lo Bee,

Editor placed resistance streetlamps will always have this bug on certain islands, because of how the ground level is defined. One some islands ground level is off by 1m. Certain streetlamp addons have fixed this, addons we do not have on LOL.

Dont mean to ask questions on someone elses topic here, but which addons are you reffereing to mr.peanut? And do these addons actually use 'switchlight "ON" ' , for the real light effect, not the modified campfire flame?

If you add "standard" streetlights to Tonal island in the game editor (editorupdatev1.02), and then switch them on, they will light up half way up their poles.  I can not remember what other islands this happens for.  My comment about ground level comes from examining some of the code from ECP, can not remember where....

Errrrm I don't see your problem.<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">lamp1 inFlame truejust works... goodnight.gif

from my experience editor placed lamps either work with inflame or switchlight, never seen both work on same lamp, the lamps that do use inflame have always had the annoying flickering of the same type as campfire, and the switchlight lamps use the normal 'lamp lights' but obviously dont place the light in the right spot and according to my experience and other threads on this can cause a crash. Im using Kolgajev, so its a standard map, and ive tried both res and non res standard bis lamps from EU 102 items, no difference in results.

I had thought of finding just a light that is same as the standard bis lamp lights then moving it up to the lamp bulb pos, but I never found such an addon, aside from flickering bulbs in Reallights addon. Actually Ive found the Reallights addon is pretty neat, even with the flickering tho, although I avoid using the outside lamps unless neccessary(nearby objects walls, trees, can flicker violently), the movable interior lights can bring alive houses and military buildings that have accessable interiors at night, really looks neat as the player comes upon them, and the spotlights are a nice touch to base outer perimeter defenses(which dont flicker).

Well been testing some more but the inflame and the switch do not work ?

The lamps on the maps who are placed on the islands and have a ID do work alright !

Still think it is weird  goodnight.gif